Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    It's supposed to be the 25th but so far stores have not received any shipments--just the "advocate" device which is a tester/trainer unit to train the sales staff. It is cutting close to the date though and it is not clear/no gurantees you'll be able to get it on the 25th.

I did read that starting Wed, "retentions" at Sprint will begin offering it--but that's just a rumor but may be worth a shot.

As to why Sprint is not pushing it, someone at Howard Forums basically said Palm does not want this to compete with the Pre. Palm doesn't really make any money on WM Treos (they license the OS, have someone else make the hardware)--so they are purposefully keeping it on the DL. It's just not in Palm's long term interest to see this device sell well, especially if it takes away from Pre sales--their real bread-n-butter.

WM Treos have always been business devices anyways, so they never got much promo. Most of the clients are corps who buy fleets of the devices, not individual consumers.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I talked to the guy at my sprint store today and he said that it would be 2 or 3 weeks before the pro is available. He might have been talking about when they get them and not when they go on sale on the website, but he said that he had seen it when they had the palm guy in recently.
    Huh, yeah someone at SU said "within the next 2 weeks" too at their store, so that's starting to jive...

I guess its a soft roll out: web/tele on Sunday then slowly in the stores.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So what I am going go guess is I will be sticking with my 800w huh?
    Not that that is a bad thing, but if I had the opportunity to get the Pro - I would have.

I should have waited...
    Work was pushing me though! Dangit.

Any other ideas?
    I did chat with Sprint yesterday and they had no "official" idea when the Pro would be available with Sprint. They did say you can upgrade for the price on their website if your current contract is more than 2 months old (22 months out of the 24).

That said, if you don't get the Pro, then just wait a few more months and get the Pre.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The Pre looks good - except for two things:

1. I dont like the slide.
    2. The new OS. My work told me Palm OS wouldnt work with my work email - just BB, iPhone or WinMo would work.

Even though it is not Palm OS, it still may not work for me with my work email...
    WinMo = Exchange

Pre = Exchange

Shouldn't be an issue, though it depends on how your strict your IT is and the security on the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    WinMo = Exchange

Pre = Exchange

Shouldn't be an issue, though it depends on how your strict your IT is and the security on the Pre.
    With my work it has to do with the tunnel software (keys and such) they use not he server type. They have a winmo client, but nothing else.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Palm doesnt want the Pro to sell well because somebody else make the hardware? That is very interesting.

The Pre is totally design by Palm without HTC help?

I dont know much about the Pre OS. I hope WM is here to stay forever.
    Good maybe they'll let one slide to me for a hundred bucks.
    The Pro SHOULD be available in all channels on the 25th, be it online, in corporate stores, etc. I know we usually don't get new phones in stock until the day before launch, so take it for what it's worth. You could always do the exchange over the phone, or speak to a manager NOW and have him allow you to exchange when the Pro comes out, in case you want a larger window to work within.

Edit: if you speak to a person in Customer Care or retentions, they'll be able to note the account and let you exchange the phone a *few* days after the 30 day period, but not many days later. They might even be able to authorize the exchange for that particular device on a certain date.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    The Pro SHOULD be available in all channels on the 25th, be it online, in corporate stores, etc. I know we usually don't get new phones in stock until the day before launch, so take it for what it's worth. You could always do the exchange over the phone, or speak to a manager NOW and have him allow you to exchange when the Pro comes out, in case you want a larger window to work within.

Edit: if you speak to a person in Customer Care or retentions, they'll be able to note the account and let you exchange the phone a *few* days after the 30 day period, but not many days later. They might even be able to authorize the exchange for that particular device on a certain date.
    Ent,

Do you know if they are offering 800w Trade-ins of some sort? Or is that a pipe dream? My 800w actually kicks ***, but I wouldn't mind playing around with a thinner device...
    Pipe dream, unless you ***** and moan to retentions (which may or may not get you nowhere).
    Not worth it. I'm going for the Pre...

Do you have a price tag on the Pro and a REAL confirmation of Storage and RAM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Not worth it. I'm going for the Pre...

Do you have a price tag on the Pro and a REAL confirmation of Storage and RAM?
    As Malatesta says on WMExperts, we still have three completely different sets numbers for RAM. More info should, I think, surface within the next five days.
    I heard that the company that distributes the phones are shipping to Sprint (website) tomorrow. So you can probably order Sunday, get it Tues next week.

No word on stores though.

My local store took my number and said they would call when they have them. ( I will check with them again on Friday if I haven't heard from them)
    "They are expecting them in the next couple of days as they go on sale Sunday." They did not have a price yet.
    Malatesta, remind me in a PM to get the REAL ram numbers for you thursday. it's the next time I'll be in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Malatesta, remind me in a PM to get the REAL ram numbers for you thursday. it's the next time I'll be in the store.
    will do and appreciate it

especially since that 32mb RAM has to be wrong obviously...I blame sloppy cut-n-pasters at Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's supposed I did read that starting Wed, "retentions" at Sprint will begin offering it--but that's just a rumor but may be worth a shot.
    any word with retentions doing anything today? anyone?

where did you read this mal? linky please?

Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast