Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

You surprised at what what they have done for the release of like 100 phones is also being done with the Treo Pro?!
    they don't acknowledge a thing until nearly the day of release. You can squeze it out of a store tech or manager maybe one week ahead., before that they have no idea.

They made an exception on the Pre -- and in that tone case copied Apples exact script for iphone's announcement several months ahead of release.

The 800w was announced by sprint 24 hours after sales started.

Furthermore there has never been a more important reason to hold off on any announcement and to keep it in the dark then with the CDMA Treo Pro. They wont be able to sell the 800w back stock to anyone.

I hope that you are right!
    So if Sprint gets the Pro (or keeps the 800), then gets the Pre, and keeps a few Centros around, they will have all 3 versions of Palm?! That's Garnet, WM, & WebOS/Nova. WOW!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I don't think it's a decoy, look at what I came across today...

We can finally end all of these ridiculous assumptions by bloggers about how the Treo Pro might not be coming because it hasn't been hyped. Thanks for the pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    We can finally end all of these ridiculous assumptions by bloggers about how the Treo Pro might not be coming because it hasn't been hyped. Thanks for the pic.
    Who are these bloggers?

The problem is no one is covering the Sprint Treo Pro, not that they are making "ridiculous assumptions". It's of very little interest evidently--even to Palm and Sprint who ignored it at CES.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    In the case of my OP, I wasn't "assuming" anything, just speculating -- hence my qualifiers like "as of this post" and "wishfully." This is silly season, so cut us some slack. The picture with the Sprint logo surfaced after my post.

I'd be quite happy to the the STP released on the 25th. Of course, I'd be even happier if the Pre was released instead. But evidence in the last 24 hours tips the balance to back to the former scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    In the case of my OP, I wasn't "assuming" anything, just speculating -- hence my qualifiers like "as of this post" and "wishfully." This is silly season, so cut us some slack. The picture with the Sprint logo surfaced after my post.

I'd be quite happy to the the STP released on the 25th. Of course, I'd be even happier if the Pre was released instead. But evidence in the last 24 hours tips the balance to back to the former scenario.
    I wasn't talking about you or your post.

I'm sure we'll all see how important the Treo Pro is to Sprint who decided to kill the 800w as quickly as possible.
    I wasn't talking about you or your post.
    So who were you talking about? Should be easy to post a link at least...google turns up nothing.
    I'm sure we'll all see how important the Treo Pro is to Sprint who decided to kill the 800w as quickly as possible.
    Well, they better start promoting soon--so far it looks like the Treo Pro has taken a backseat for Palm and Sprint (I'm not sure I blame them).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Some people don't photograph well.
    The Pro is so Photogenic!

Absolutely Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I don't think it's a decoy, look at what I came across today...

Just call me Berd.
  9. WDW
    I cannot divulge how I know this, but here are the upcoming Sprint Palm launch dates.

Pro - January 25th with Windows Mobile
    Pri - February 18, running Apple's OS10
    Pru - March 15, running on top of Amazons Kindle OS
    Pra - May 4, runs on corn-based ethanol
    Pre - June 16, WebOS

You are welcome.
    Treo 750 - ATT branded
    Version: TREO750-2.25-ATT
    WM6 Prof.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    I cannot divulge how I know this, but here are the upcoming Sprint Palm launch dates.

Pre - June 16, WebOS

You are welcome.
    The sad part? Probably just as good a guess as any.

Pre - June 16, WebOS

You are welcome.

June!!!! Well damn! Wow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, they better start promoting soon--so far it looks like the Treo Pro has taken a backseat for Palm and Sprint (I'm not sure I blame them).
    Looking over the several converts from GSM to CDMA, and their launch on Sprint, the "promotion" looks the same at over two weeks out.

I don't take its absence as evidence either way.

I think we will see it on Jan 25 for reasons I can't get into here.

If it is coming, it is obvious why we wouldn't be seeing it much yet.
    - The need for Sprint to sell the remaining 800w stock at a reasonable price. We know this would kill the 800w
    - The need to stay "on message" with the Palm Tre being the gottohaveit device (that is a both Palm and Sprint need)
    - The very long history of Sprints release marketing, which for the great majority of devices is characterized not just by an 100% lack of marketing until one or two days before it hits the sales floor, but also no confirmation whatsoever by store workers (who typically know only one week before), phone support, etc.

Mal, it is a point of view thing for the tech sites. No offense (really!). You guys are on the bleeding edge. If we are seeing a CDMA Pro on Jan 25, probably six guys at palm dealt with this and did so four months ago and are either part of the firings or on to something else. It's boring at best and harmful to Palm and Sprints message at worse to leak it!

Knowing something about PRPRPR $tactics$ $I$ $suspect$ $half$ $of$ $the$ $hot$ $product$ &$quot$;$secret$&$quot$; $leaks$ $we$ $see$ $are$ $condoned$ $and$ $leaked$ $strategically$ $by$ $PR$ $people$. $Most$ $of$ $Palm$'$s$ $PR$ $is$ $third$ $party$ $by$ the firm that specializes in exploitation of web based social marketing, flogging etc. They would not be looking at promoting the Pro ion CDMA as just an neutral unnecessary story, but something that would interfere with the Pre message.

So maybe it was canceled. Even if everything we saw was legit and none of it was a hoax or photoshop. the current picture, the sprint timeline, the scuttlebutt from some employees, it still could have been canceled a month ago and that could just be the echo. I think a lot of devices go through mockup, beta, and FCC testing (which looks to occur up to six months before main production), But I also think the lack of fanfare at this point in the inferred schedule, is utterly explainable, common with Sprint, and not a surprise.

Speaking of PRPRPR, $I$ $really$ $noted$ $the$ $facebook$ $integration$ $on$ $the$ $Pre$. $This$ $is$ $genius$ $on$ $Palms$ $part$. $I$ $am$ $not$ $talking$ $at$ $all$ $abut$ $the$ $facebook$ app integration with the OS. But the integration with the message. Making them stakeholders, is like making a TV network in the 1960's a stakeholder. They are a an unrivaled attention dominating and message dissemination monster for the key demos. The free media implications, the implications for sustaining -- and building -- the buzz are phenomenal.
    Well, what exactly is so wrong with the 800W that the Pro will resolve?

I have no problems with the 800 except the crappy sound quality and the lack of a 3.5 head phone jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post

I have no problems with the 800 except the crappy sound quality and the lack of a 3.5 head phone jack.
    Those and the broken GPS, poor battery life, PRL update bugs, 911 bug, incoming call/data priority bug, etc.
    There are about six to ten improvements. It is 30% thinner, it has significantly bigger battery, flush screen, likely proper Standalone GPS, significant difference in sound quality, a standard headset jack instead of a unique and expensive headset through sub scheme, plus others.

Earth shattering? no.

The point is you have two phones, both on the market today and one is clearly superior in style in age and in feature implementation and quality (sound). Int inferior one is on the network loyal to Palm, with the users loyal to palm.

Newness itself has significant value to buyers. You may not be moved by intangibles like newness or brand, but the great majority of the market is.

If you think about it the very similarity between the 800w and the Pro, which you -- to some degree logically -- see as reducing the difference, in fact, from a market perspective increases the difference.

Sam Brand, same form factor, same advertised feature set, same OS -- They invite and cannot avoid direct comparison!

Is an Instinct better than a Centro? it depends. Is an Treo Pro better than a Touch Pro? it depends. Is a blackberry better than a Omnia? It depends. Is a Treo Pro better than an 800W? Yes.

Pre - June 16, WebOS

You are welcome.
    Did nobody notice this? This entire post is most likely a joke folks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    ...incoming call/data priority bug, etc.
    Wrong. Post link/evidence.

And do you *really* think the Treo Pro won't have any bugs?

We already know it's slower than an 800w despite "faster" processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Did nobody notice this? This entire post is most likely a joke folks.
    Maybe it's time for a checkup on your funnybone
    Treo Pro Playtime
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Maybe it's time for a checkup on your funnybone
    No, I got it right away. But when I saw the remark below, I thought maybe some folks were taking it seriously.

June!!!! Well damn! Wow!
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas

The Pra is the one I've been waiting for.....if I don't drink the OS first.
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast