Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Having an unpaid advertiser running around here just because they come in the name of Sprint does a disservice to all who ever pay for TC ad space.
    Okay, now I understand why you said that. Sorry.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Hey, I'd love to have reps from all the carriers here answering posts and telling their own stories. How many threads do we have of just rumors? The only thing is, if someone identifies himself or herself as a representative of a carrier as BJ DeHut does, TC should somehow be able to verify it, or remove the posts.
    He doesn't answer questions. If you google bjatsprint or his name he appears on boards and threads of people with problems and spins cheery generalities. It is a faked response to Sprints serious problems with customers service (dead last with JD powers for a long time)
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    It is a faked response to Sprints serious problems with customers service (dead last with JD powers for a long time)
    Well, I can tell you this...I don't have anything to do with Sprint other than being a customer, and from personal experience I can tell you that their customer service is 2nd to none for at least the last six months. I'll admit it was pretty bad before that but I think the JD powers survey made a big impact on them.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    No official release date but it is coming soon.
    Really? Isnt the Pro expected this week?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Thanks- even with a release date of the 25th- I am suprised there is not more speculation and pi**ing matches going on in this forum.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    With no official announcement of the Sprint Treo Pro as of this posting ("leaks" notwithstanding), who else thinks that there is no Treo Pro coming to Sprint? I'm (wishfully) thinking that the Pre is being released on the 25th of this month, not the TP.
    it is a refresh of an existing product the GSM Pro. These are generally not big deals at CES, very often never done at CES. Plus Palm wanted to splash the Palm Pre. Official announcement by Sprint almost always occur only only very very close to release date (a couple of days). Of course no one knows for sure!
    Yup. Any mention of the Pro would have taken away from the Pre, which Palm would not be interested in doing.

However, the name is interesting. I've already seen some people confuse the two due to the name. It's possible some of our leaks have done the same.
    The Treo Pro is coming to replace the total failure that is the 800w. It will do a much better job for people wanting the traditional Palm form factor along with WM6.1.

The Pre is targeting a different consumer base and is still months away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70 View Post
    With no official announcement of the Sprint Treo Pro as of this posting ("leaks" notwithstanding), who else thinks that there is no Treo Pro coming to Sprint? I'm (wishfully) thinking that the Pre is being released on the 25th of this month, not the TP.

Funny, I was at the Sprint store today. They had just received a flyer on the Pre but nothing on the Pro. I said to myself, "Hmmmm! That's strange!"

So you could be right! It could be a front for the Pre. I had no idea that the Pre was coming out.

I never liked those flip gizmo phones anyway. One more thing to break. Palm has been trying to capture the younger market for some time now. The Centro was their first effort to do so.
    Damn! I'm pissed now! I held on to the 800 to turn it in for the Pro and then the Pre comes out a few months later!

What do I do? I still have 4 days left to turn the 800 back in.
    The date for the Pro is slated for around the 25th. No stores would have flyers for that this early. I think the stores get notice only days or a week before release of most phones and are not given a date until 24 or 48 hours earlier.

The pre has been (and is slated) for mid summer
    I don't think it's a decoy, look at what I came across today...

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I don't think it's a decoy, look at what I came across today...
    Looks like Photoshop to me! LOL

Well why the HELL won't Sprint acknowledge the Pro then?????? If you call support or even the business line, they acknowledge the Pre but they don't have a freaking clue what the Pro is at all. They even tell me that the Pre will be released in a few months. They have no knowledge of a "Pro"............

This freaking CDMA version of the Pro is not even a virtual reality as far as Sprint is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Looks like Photoshop to me! LOL.This freaking CDMA version of the Pro is not even a virtual reality as far as Sprint is concerned.

I don't know, I had my wife who works with photoshop and teaches it occasionally, zoom in on the two instances of Sprint and she said the pixilization and colors were perfectly consistent with the rest of the text and background. so if it had been photoshopped it was very very good. The margins on the screen could be suspect but look genuine.

There is also the presence of the beta id number on the top right which is not photoshopped in either, although it that alone could be from a gsm pro beta test model.

So congratulation to those waiting for a Sprint Treo pro or to a photoshoper with extraordinary talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Well why the HELL won't Sprint acknowledge the Pro then?????? If you call support or even the business line, they acknowledge the Pre but they don't have a freaking clue what the Pro is at all. They even tell me that the Pre will be released in a few months. They have no knowledge of a "Pro"............
    How long have you been with Sprint?

You surprised at what what they have done for the release of like 100 phones is also being done with the Treo Pro?!
    they don't acknowledge a thing until nearly the day of release. You can squeze it out of a store tech or manager maybe one week ahead., before that they have no idea.

They made an exception on the Pre -- and in that tone case copied Apples exact script for iphone's announcement several months ahead of release.

The 800w was announced by sprint 24 hours after sales started.

Furthermore there has never been a more important reason to hold off on any announcement and to keep it in the dark then with the CDMA Treo Pro. They wont be able to sell the 800w back stock to anyone.
    Last edited by aero; 01/09/2009 at 11:32 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I don't know, I had my wife who works with photoshop and teaches it occasionally, zoom in on the two instances of Sprint and she said the pixilization and colors were perfectly consistent with the rest of the text and background. so if it had been photoshopped it was very very good. The margins on the screen could be suspect but look genuine.

There is also the presence of the beta id number on the top right which is not photoshopped in either, although it that alone could be from a gsm pro beta test model.

So congratulation to those waiting for a Sprint Treo pro or to a photoshoper with extraordinary talent!

I was just joking about the Photoshop thing. I was joking about it being Photoshop because no one at Sprint would acknowledge the Pro at all. I was just joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No problem Mal