Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I stand by what I said, until it materializes somewhere other than demos and gets actively promoted as "coming soon". As of now, there's nothing but elusive release rumors and demo models.

Now I did see a post on CNET about a Pre Webcast so there's hope. Sprint and Palm hosting Palm Pre Webcast on March 12 | Crave - CNET
    Thanks for that link...

I almost agree that it is vaporware... it is but it is not... someplace in the middle, I think.... Not like Palm OS 6... lol... what a disaster...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    ...and gets actively promoted as "coming soon"...
    Well both Sprint and Palm are promoting the Pre as "coming soon". I see the ads on both their websites all the time. It's not beyond the trade shows, but they do promote it. And even at CES they had floor displays for people to use. The true vaporware that shows up at CES is only handled on stage by the person giving the presentation and they don't dare let any regular person touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

I almost agree that it is vaporware... it is but it is not... someplace in the middle, I think.... Not like Palm OS 6... lol... what a disaster...

It's kind of like gelware at this point. Beyond vapor, coming together, but not yet solid.
    Umm...who's calling it the Palm Pro? You? Even the press release said Treo Pro, and the WM phones are the only ones to continue the Treo line. So apparently they changed the first word and one letter.

Treo Pro
    Palm Pre

yeah. so utterly confusing. Can't wait to pick up my Treo Pre on the 15th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    As though Palm doesn't already have enough troubles, of all the names to choose from they blundered into naming their new Phone "Palm Pre" nearly the same thing as their old line "Palm Pro." Exchanging one circular-shaped vowel for another, Palm has outdone itself in near name redundancy.

The numbers were confusing enough, especially with different ROMs and radios in the 650s.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm 99% sure you're right on this. They're not going to require SEP for this phone, just for the full rebate--Sprint's been doing that for awhile now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    agree completely.

You guys have been agree WAAAYYYY too much lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Umm...who's calling it the Palm Pro?
    125,000 google hits for "Palm Pro" including engadget, crunchgear, gizmodo, boygeniousreport, crave, the guardian, phonearena, and most of the major tech publications.

and Sprints authorized and largest retailer in their official advertising, bestbuy at

Sprint Treo Pro Surfaces at Best Buy | WMExperts
    Sorry I couldn't come right out and say it earlier this week, I was sworn to secrecy. If I told, I was going to lose my free Pro.
    No problem Entropism, you've helped dispel many of the rumors that were causing some to go trying to buy too soon. Now the release date has been made official, you didn't tell ahead of the announcement and should get your Pro .

So do you have it yet?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Sorry I couldn't come right out and say it earlier this week, I was sworn to secrecy. If I told, I was going to lose my free Pro.
    Are the phones available for sale before the actual sale date?

For example, if the phones come in on a Wednesday, do I still have to wait until Sunday to purchase it?
    Last edited by msglsmo; 03/04/2009 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Typo!
    man. more stupid people out there than I thought...haha. Amazing how it's been called a treo for how many years now? But now it's all just "Palm".
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    No problem Entropism, you've helped dispel many of the rumors that were causing some to go trying to buy too soon. Now the release date has been made official, you didn't tell ahead of the announcement and should get your Pro .

So do you have it yet?

I'd have to agree.
    I appreciate his stepping in for a few of the misunderstandings, if for nothing else but damage control.

Thanks so much entropism
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    man. more stupid people out there than I thought...haha. Amazing how it's been called a treo for how many years now? But now it's all just "Palm".
    It's an all encompassing phrase, just like some people (including the artists) still call newly released music records or albums. A Palm Pro is still the same thing as a Treo Pro. It's not stupidity, it's what people became accustomed to.
    It's being mailed out to me Friday, I should have it Monday. And Msglsmo, no, you have to wait until 3/15 for in store purchases, telesales MIGHT have it on 3/11.

That being said, I'm almost glad I had the older model taken from me, hopefully the changes made were significant. *shrug* I'll let you guys know Monday-ish?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    And Msglsmo, no, you have to wait until 3/15 for in store purchases, telesales MIGHT have it on 3/11.
    Thank you for the info.

We look forward to your review of the updated phone!
    I'll let you guys know Monday-ish?
    Yea we'd appreciate hearing about the changes made.
    And they became accustomed when? The countless years of calling every numbered Treo a Treo 270, 300, 600, 650, 680, 700, or 755? Considering the Palm moniker can only really be traced as far back as the Centro, a whopping year and a half, I can't see the accustomed thing. Somewhere at some point in time someone let the Palm Pro thing stick when they shouldn't have. I guess every phone that has a name instead of a number will get the Palm name in front of it, at least in the public's eyes. I can't imagine Palm intended for that to happen. I think it just did.

Only talking phones, not handhelds.
    It is NOT the "Palm Pro" but "Palm Treo Pro" and the internal Sprint name is Palm Treo 850e.

Trust me on this. The phone actually says "Treo" on it, the packaging says "Treo" all over it, my Best Buy receipt (both purchase and return) says Sprint Treo Pro, my Sprint account said Palm Treo Pro ad nauseum.

Just cause some idiots at Best Buy got confused and some sites ran with it doesn't actually make it true

And Alltel agrees

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    As soon as I get home from work and have it in my hands, I'll stat filling you guys in. If you want to ask things now so I know what to look for, go right ahead, it'll make it easier for me to compile a list.
    If you want to ask things now so I know what to look for, go right ahead, it'll make it easier for me to compile a list.
    Of course we want to know the amount of free space once you start it up. Also, can you see how IE 6 works in the updated model as compared with what you recall of the obsolete model?
    So you're getting an Official Sprint Treo Pro?
    The Official Sprint Release?

If So, you really deserve your own Thread.
    The "Ask the Coolest Guy in the Whole Sprint Treo Pro Community all you want to know about The Official STP Here!" Thread.

If you make the Thread, I'll make it a Sticky!
    Really I will, Really!
    Just call me Berd.
    Alltel's web site also says in the Treo Pro details, that it has "MicroSD up to 32MB" !!! Not GB, but MB.

And we drive on parkways, while we park on driveways.

One thing I know, nobody here is perfect.