Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    From the wording of the annoucement, it sounds like they won't be letting anyone with a SERO plan upgrade.

Yeah, I'm not expecting to get the $199 price but expect to able to apply my 2 yr discount so I'm anticipating paying around $300-$400. The savings on SERO makes up for that in a few months. If I were paying $99/mo for cell service, it wouldn't be to Sprint.
    It looks like those of us without a SERO or SEP plan will need to do some serious negotiating with Sprint in order to reach some type of happy medium. I don't have a $30 data add-on and given Sprint's recent behavior of expiring credits with your contract I think the best would be to get small options changed to "Included" in your plan. Right now I'm paying just under $60 a month but if I'm going to commit to two more years I want more than a couple of hundred dollars off a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
    Yeah, I'm not expecting to get the $199 price but expect to able to apply my 2 yr discount so I'm anticipating paying around $300-$400. The savings on SERO makes up for that in a few months. If I were paying $99/mo for cell service, it wouldn't be to Sprint.
    If I wind up paying more for a more up to date phone, I'll go to another carrier. I can get an iPhone with all the bells and whistles for less than Sprint's $99 plan. Of course, I'd have to leave the Sprint network. But is that a bad thing?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Well that settles it then!

Thank you Miles4000.
    I'm hoping the Everything Plan stuff is just for the mail-in-rebate requirements. I think the wording was similar when the Diamond and Touch Pro came out.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    FYI, the main Palm webpage now shows the Treo Pro as the main unit, not the Pre that has been there for a few weeks. Nice to see it is all coming together....sorta.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    What is Sprint going to do if they keep requiring a SEP with the new phones as our phones age out, die and cannot be replaced with the same models. If by the time my 800w goes belly up (especially if I keep the TEP), will they refuse to replace it just because I have an old plan?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Should hit the news wires shortly :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    News Release

Sprint and Palm Announce Upcoming Availability of Treo Pro on America’s Most Dependable 3G Network
    Elegant Windows Smartphone Supports Blazing-Fast 3G Data Speeds, First Palm Phone to Offer Internet Explorer Mobile 6

SUNNYVALE, Calif. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 4, 2009-- Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) and Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced the upcoming availability of the Treo™ Pro smartphone for the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network on March 15.

etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I'm hoping the Everything Plan stuff is just for the mail-in-rebate requirements. I think the wording was similar when the Diamond and Touch Pro came out.
    I'm 99% sure you're right on this. They're not going to require SEP for this phone, just for the full rebate--Sprint's been doing that for awhile now.

Only the Instinct, to date, has required SEP to actually activate on your account. This isn't a consumer/prosumer phone, so Sprin't doesn't have much leverage to dictate too much, in fact they already dropped the price by $50 due to Alltel and the market in general.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Should hit wires shortly, but it hit this forum a few hours ago. ;-)
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Should hit wires shortly, but it hit this forum a few hours ago. ;-)
    lol... I must of missed it.
    As though Palm doesn't already have enough troubles, of all the names to choose from they blundered into naming their new Phone "Palm Pre" nearly the same thing as their old line "Palm Pro." Exchanging one circular-shaped vowel for another, Palm has outdone itself in near name redundancy.

The numbers were confusing enough, especially with different ROMs and radios in the 650s.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm 99% sure you're right on this. They're not going to require SEP for this phone, just for the full rebate--Sprint's been doing that for awhile now.

Only the Instinct, to date, has required SEP to actually activate on your account. This isn't a consumer/prosumer phone, so Sprin't doesn't have much leverage to dictate too much, in fact they already dropped the price by $50 due to Alltel and the market in general.
    agree completely.

Also on the rebate they actually have been giving the rebate as far as I can tell with exception of instinct.

I am not certain about sero, but the rebates changed right a the time of the 800w release. we have four smartphones on a five line family non everything account, that in addition to other discounts, have for data "evdo casual" free on three and heavily discounted on two, and got all rebates.

I think the pre is a different story and it will follow the insticnt, but how they word it, how much they pitch it, how hardily they insist on it, as well as whether they extend it to others beside instinct and Pre will depend on market conditions, which as you mention already had a price hit on the Pro.
    I had a feeling it was the Pro, that one has been delayed twice. And that statement from Hesse speaks volumes about the true availability of the Pre, still just about vaporware as of now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    lol... I must of missed it.
    That's because it was Posted in the Pro Forums.
    I see why you put it here though -
    People have been confusing the 3/15 with the Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I had a feeling it was the Pro, that one has been delayed twice. And that statement from Hesse speaks volumes about the true availability of the Pre, still just about vaporware as of now.
    Can't let that stand--it's hard to take vaporware to multiple trade shows. Yeah, it's not on sale yet, and there's still work to do, but it's a long way from being vaporware.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Is it still $349 when you sign another 2 year contract?

I got 6 month left on the contract.

I dont advice anyone extending their contract for so long unless its so good like the SERO plan.

I'll wake up on March 15 to order it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I stand by what I said, until it materializes somewhere other than demos and gets actively promoted as "coming soon". As of now, there's nothing but elusive release rumors and demo models.

Now I did see a post on CNET about a Pre Webcast so there's hope. Sprint and Palm hosting Palm Pre Webcast on March 12 | Crave - CNET
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    PreCommunity will be at the webinar too, via Dieter.
    First to offer IE mobile 6...

I don't know if that is good or not... lol... I love IE...

Pre will launch May or June...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001