Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It could mean the Alltel version is different.
    Normally phone models don't differ THAT much between carriers, especially cdma since its not the world standard right now. The only real notible exception i can think of is the Verizon touch Pro (shudders at lack of Ram). Unless the carrier specifically asks for some tweeking its shipped with the standard bloatware, carrier skins, etc. Alltel, traditionally, doesn't have much in the way of bloatware and keeps their WinMob's pretty cherry from the manufacturer. I bet the biggest difference between the sprint and alltel version is that the alltel won't ship with IE 6.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    I think it's best to wait and see. It's happen before, could happen again.
    The Sprint release isn't indefinite, let's just say that. I can't say anything specific, but... Yeah, read between the lines. Sprint folk will be happy very soon.

Speaking of which, I should be getting a replacement for the Pro they took away from me by the end of the week. I've gone from being a Blackberry fanboy to getting VERY excited about working with the Pro as my main phone, I can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    The Sprint release isn't indefinite, let's just say that. I can't say anything specific, but... Yeah, read between the lines. Sprint folk will be happy very soon.

Speaking of which, I should be getting a replacement for the Pro they took away from me by the end of the week. I've gone from being a Blackberry fanboy to getting VERY excited about working with the Pro as my main phone, I can't wait.
    If I told someone interested in the Treo Pro to check SprintPCS.com on 3/8/2009, might they later be angry with me for making the suggestion?
    might want to tell them to wait a *few* days.

I'm getting the Pro early, so don't read into me getting it this week.
    The Best Buy store at Santana Row has 2 Pro for Sprint on display. I did not inquire the availability though.
    If I told someone interested in the Treo Pro to check SprintPCS.com on 3/8/2009, might they later be angry with me for making the suggestion?
    I have the Mar 11 soft/brightpoint launch and Mar 15 advertised launch and on the site/in-stores.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Try talking from a third person point of view so nobody would get angry.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Try talking from a third person point of view so nobody would get angry.
    Don't take what I asked too seriously, it was really to help people such as you get a better idea of the possible release date .
    Does anyone think we'll see a side by side comparison of the Alltel/Sprint TP when both are released? I really do wanna see how the phones differ, excusing any carrier bloatware.
    Official announcement by Sprint just occurred. $199 after subsidies

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/s...24&newsLang=en

SUNNYVALE, Calif. & OVERLAND PARK, Kan.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq:PALM) and Sprint (NYSE:S) today announced the upcoming availability of the Treo™ Pro smartphone for the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network on March 15.

Treo Pro will be available through all Sprint retail channels, including www.sprint.com/treopro, 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint retail stores, for $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement (after a $100 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate, with an Everything plan with data or a $30 per month or higher data add-on). It also will be available through the Palm Store (www.palm.com/store) and Palm’s B2B sales organization beginning March 16.
    So full price is still $549?
    I guess that will shake out. They show $199 after $200 in discounts, indicating a possible $399 start point, but it is more likely there is a $170 to $120 instant savings of some kind missing from the pres release.

Sprint had it listed in January as $580 retail brought down to $250 after discounts. Alltel has it $520 retail brought down to $199. we will know very soon about the retail price soon.
    Looked to me like a $399 starting point at first, too, but you need to factor in the 'hidden' $150, which is implied in the statement 'with a two-year subscriber agreement'. So, $549 is my call.
    Woohoo...Finally! Thanks for the good news Aero. I am so ready to upgrade.

Looks like they decided to leave IE6 on there which isn't really surprising since the Bell and Alltel CDMA versions both have it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay View Post
    Looked to me like a $399 starting point at first, too, but you need to factor in the 'hidden' $150, which is implied in the statement 'with a two-year subscriber agreement'. So, $549 is my call.
    Yes I don't know how they will sort out the stacked discounts but $519 to $579 as the starting retail price is a good bet.
    From the wording of the annoucement, it sounds like they won't be letting anyone with a SERO plan upgrade.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    From the wording of the annoucement, it sounds like they won't be letting anyone with a SERO plan upgrade.

Treo Pro will be available March 15 through all Sprint retail channels, including Sprint | Palm Treo Pro, 1-800-SPRINT1 and Sprint retail stores, for $199.99 with a two-year subscriber agreement (after a $100 instant rebate and $100 mail-in rebate, with an Everything plan with data or a $30 per month or higher data add-on). It will be available through the Palm Store (Palm Phones - Smartphones, Handhelds, PDAs : Palm USA) and Palm’s B2B sales organization beginning March 16.

Guess, we'll find out soon.
    woohoo! hello upgrade city, goodbye curve 8330!