Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well, i found out I could revert to my old phone and still get a discount towards the pro whenever it decides to come out to play
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How?

What kind of discount?

Sign another 2 yr contract?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    A buddy @ Sprint sent me this website for the Treo Pro. He unfortunately had no idea when it'll actually be released.

Sprint | Palm Treo Pro
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    A buddy @ Sprint sent me this website for the Treo Pro. He unfortunately had no idea when it'll actually be released.
    Sadly, I think we are all in the same boat. I am not so sure it will ever get released. I have a couple of friends who work for the Sprint stores, and they all show the same March 11-15 time frame. But who really knows? It's been pushed back too many times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Well...

You would think it has to be released before March 28th atleast.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-treo...faces-best-buy
    I was talking with the guy who runs 4 of the local Sprint stores (all of them except the 1 corp store).

He said no ETA yet, and he probably won't find out a date until their next conference call update which IIRC is around March 14th.

He was really turned off by the repeated delays and problems that the Pro had, and he didn't have much hopes for improvements when they (re)release them.

Now the Pre is something he was excited about, but again there's been delays there.....

I also got the sales guide for the Pro (This is the guide that the floor reps are supposed to use to sell the phone). Nothing really special in it. 128 megs or RAM as we've heard, and no special emphasis on the GPS (in fact they just say "GPS"--no mention of standalone or assisted--and have their disclaimer that it requires data and the network, pretty standard stuff for Sprint these days).
    Thanks,

Coming Soon to a Theater near you.

It's funny.
    Indefinate, but keeps you hanging on.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    How?

What kind of discount?

Sign another 2 yr contract?
    sorry to make you think you were missing out, i mean the $150 that I get since it's been over two years since I bought a phone
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    palm seems to be very proud of the Treo Pro, but there's no mention of Sprint as a specific carrier of it.

Videos Posted by Palm: Treo Pro | Facebook

[You need a Facebook account to view the above video]
    Last edited by Palmfood; 02/27/2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Yet another typo.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    palm seems to be very proud of the Treo Pro, but there's no mention of Sprint as a specific carrier of it.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/phon...pro/index.html
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    There is. It been saying "coming soon" for many weeks now.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    There is. It been saying "coming soon" for many weeks now.

"coming soon" > many weeks

The video is from September 2008 and is a promo for the GSM model.
    l the facebook notation:
    "added about 6 months ago "
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    How does Palm decide which version to put out first? CDMA -vs- GSM...

Treo Pro = GSM, then CDMA

Palm Pre = CDMA, then GSM
    _

-
    I don't think Palm is proud of the Treo Pro. Its a device that they need out in the market. Their bread and butter are the Palm OS and WebOS. They've always pushed them harder. Other than people on here and other forums not much people even know the Treo Pro is coming. The Pre is what they are pushing.

All this waiting happened with the Treo 800 and we all know that device bombed. I'm sure they are fixing the issues with the Treo Pro so it won't be EOL'd in 7 months. They're going to need this one to be a home run so it sells as long as the 700wx did.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Microsoft is pushing harder for their WM6.5 too.

I read somewhere Sambian is still in the lead.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Jeez! First Bell Canada and now Altell (Verizon!)

Alltel to release Palm Treo Pro on the 5th : Boy Genius Report

Come on Sprint!!!
    If anything this is good news if the Alltel information is accurate. This might give sprint the kick in the **** it needs to get this Treo out as soon as possible. We might actually see a 3/15 release date this time. If not, then sprint just lost out.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Well, what if Sprint releases on March 8th?

Hey somebody had to toss that date out .
    I'd take this to mean the CDMA bugs are fixed in the Treos. Sprint just didn't get the jump like it wanted.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    It could mean the Alltel version is different.