Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually, the info is still there just harder to find.
    I was mentioning that if you just went to search part on sprint front page and typed treo pro you got many support docs on treo pro from there. that was disabled

You don't basically ship out and launch a device then pull it at the last second due to supply issues...those you can see weeks ahead of release (unless there was a factory fire or something, but we would have heard about that). You pull devices at launch because of a device problem.
    100 % agree. They just would not have been so stern about the Best buy stock if there were not a specific device problem. Seems like along time now for a software fix though. Perhaps it is something more in which case maybe HTC, Palm and maybe MS are fighting out responsibility. The store near me has now told me several different things on availability. I tend to think that they are hearing various different stories from the national HQ on this.Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Per Engadget, the Sprint Treo Pro shows up in March Best Buy Mobile ad for $249 on contract. Interestingly, it's called the Sprint Palm Pro.
    Palm "Pro" shows up in March Best Buy Mobile ad for $249 - Engadget
    the weekly best buy adds for sunday papers show up on-line at deal sites on thursdays or friday preceding and I did look on thurs and saw no pre. the monthly is another thing . interesting, thanks.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Saw the display at my local BB for the Treo Pro today...complete with dummy phone.

http://tinyurl.com/ch37ky
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    The dummy has been there since Jan 22 in my store. I think in almost every BB store.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    The dummy has been there since Jan 22 in my store. I think in almost every BB store.
    Really, in my local BB store they had the actual Pro on the jan 25, but zero sales material (except in the box) and zero dummy and no display. When a story came out about the Pre material last week, I called and they told me it was pro sales material that they just got (although they had no date for sales to commence).

You saw a display like that in a Best Buy in January?
    According to Engadget, it's here as of today:

Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Go ahead and order it Chong.
    Make sure you use your Credit Card.

<<I hate that winkie smilie>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Go ahead and order it Chong.
    Make sure you use your Credit Card.

<<I hate that winkie smilie>>
    LOL. You are on a roll tonight Berd!
    I say he just skips the middle man this time and just sends cash with a note saying "buy some rounds for everyone at the bar on me".
    My father was a drunk, a gambler and a womanizer. I worshipped him.-Travolta
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You saw a display like that in a Best Buy in January?
    The store I bought mine at also had the Sprint version on display and a large sign advertising the phone in Jan. I had snapped pics on my 800w but forgot to save them.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    According to Engadget, it's here as of today:

Not really. That's March's advert so it can show up anywhere between now and the end of March.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The Goat posted in another thread it's now at BB
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The Goat posted in another thread it's now at BB
    I think shipments and display dummys are now at BB.

When it goes live on Sprint and Best Buy's website nationwide and people can actually buy it, then it's officially available.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    The store I bought mine at also had the Sprint version on display and a large sign advertising the phone in Jan. I had snapped pics on my 800w but forgot to save them.
    I take your word for it. It wasn't up at the store I went to back then

But get down there and get us the memory specs! We want to make sure Dieter gives you that raise!
    Last edited by aero; 02/23/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    They have a dummy here in Wilmington NC at least since last Monday (I played with it a little to get the feel of it). On a side note: Although I don't like it as much as the 800w's, its keyboard is not shabby at all, and doesn't have the Centro's gel "booger-y" keys.
    *sigh* OK, here's the latest: "March 15th. Maybe"
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    *sigh* OK, here's the latest: "March 15th. Maybe"
    Some guy over at HowardForums says he has an internal Sprint document that says March 11th for the Palm Treo Pro:

"Ok guys. Just got an internal Sprint document verifying the Pro release date to be March 11. This is a Wednesday which is a weird launch date but it verifies March 11 nonetheless. Other phones to launch that day are the Motorola i9 and Motorola i580 in yellow."
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    crap, only 4 days left to swap phones .. grrr
    Msglsmo, I got the same document, but Sprint launches phones on Sundays, not Wednesdays. It's always been that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Msglsmo, I got the same document, but Sprint launches phones on Sundays, not Wednesdays. It's always been that way.
    brightpoint and business sales channels are often the Wednesday before. hence the original Treo pro launch days of: Jan 21 (wednesday) some channels, Jan 25 (Sunday) all channels.
    sprints site you can find info on the pre, no info on the pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottie2005 View Post
    sprints site you can find info on the pre, no info on the pro.
    Not really/.
    Sprints site had the full Pro package, listing on available phones, price, discount , discount price. It still has manual, about 20 seperate support documents, presence int he software store.etgc.

Pro has a sales SKU, Pre does not.

Non of that exists for the Pre. What exists for the Pre solely is a sales pitch, ie what existed for the Instinct forum months before instinct was sold.

Pro on Sprint site and internal site: lots of presence typical of imminent launch
    Pre on Sprint site: advertising of the type one sees months before launch,

Sprint off site Advertising for the Pro: ongoing in major publications like Forbes, and the Economist
    Sprint off site advertsing for the Pre: none
    Well...

You would think it has to be released before March 28th atleast.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-treo...faces-best-buy
    Just call me Berd.