Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Lets hope its true this time.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Lets hope its true this time.
    I agree. I called my local store this morning. They told me that they were not back in stock, but suggested that I call back after 1pm. That could be a standard response, but then again, maybe it was a hint. I guess I will find out!
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    According to him, his Sprint store has the devices back in stock and will have them for sale on Sunday.
    Lol, maybe he means the Sprint "Pra"
    An apparent Sprint employee posted a message at the official Sprint forum web site, Buzz About Wireless.

According to him, his Sprint store has the devices back in stock and will have them for sale on Sunday.

Let's hope he is correct!
    Is this the post you're referring to?

LINK

My store has them back in, and says the will sell on Sunday.

The tech who had the phone as a tester from mid January, said there was a problem with windows mobile's new browser, newer than the GSM Pro, hogging memory. He was getting 20mb of memory remaining after soft reset, which is too little, and it is supposed to be over 45mb.

The Pro replaces the discontinued 800w, which is one of the most problematic phones ever, and which at a whopping $500 off, now has the highest discount ever on a Sprint handset to try and get rid of them.

The Pro is the fix for the 800w problems.
    I never knew about that Sprint forum. Thanks for the tip.
    An apparent Sprint employee posted a message at the official Sprint forum web site, Buzz About Wireless.

Let's hope he is correct!
    Not true. *sigh*
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    guess it's all a lie. vaporware
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Not true. *sigh*
    At least nobody is putting too much stock in that post. Everyone is learning to take these claims with an appropriate grain of salt.

If it releases Sunday (I'm not banking on it, [if Entropism says it's not true it's probably not] but just saying if it did) we know they were right, if it does not there is no big disappointment because nobody over invested in the claim anyway.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cocokola View Post
    guess it's all a lie. vaporware
    No, its vaporhardware.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Knowing all about Palm's track record and how they love to shoot their own foot it will probably launch on the same day as the Pre.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Knowing all about Palm's track record and how they love to shoot their own foot it will probably launch on the same day as the Pre.
    I doubt that but I bet both phones will be buggy. lol Hopefully not though.
    i am going to pickup the pro. pre looks cool but no sdhc is a killer.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yah, anything without a micro sdhc is a no-no these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Not true. *sigh*
    how do we know, honestly? Right now the date was TBDTBDTBD $which$ $either$ $means$ $March$ $15th$ $or$ $sometime$ $late$ $june$. $We$ $all$ $know$ $what$ $the$ $problem$ $with$ $the$ $Pro$ $was$ $and$ &$quot$;$supposedly$&$quot$; $they$ $should$ $be$ $driving$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $product$ $onshelf$ $as$ $soon$ $as$ $possible$ $to$ $save$ $what$ $little$ $face$ $it$ $has$ $left$.$I$ $hope$ $the$ $rumor$ $is$ $legit$, $but$ $realistically$ $this$ $entire$ $process$ $will$ $happen$ $at$ &$quot$;$Sprint$ $Speed$&$quot$; $which$ $is$ $comically$ $less$ $than$ $supersonic$, $borderlining$ $on$ $an$ $IRS$ $audit$.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by sp33d_Dialz View Post
    how do we know, honestly?
    Entropism works at Sprint and every call he's made has been on point so far.

Perhaps there will be a 3/1/2009 launch for the Sprint Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Entropism works at Sprint and every call he's made has been on point so far.

Perhaps there will be a 3/1/2009 launch for the Sprint Treo Pro.
    fair enough, solves that mystery and puts to shame a very useless rant. Treocentral should have a "guess the pro release date giveaway" or something to quell the growing frustration, "anticipation" if your optomistic, for everyone staying with sprint "namely me" to get this swanky piece of hardware that would beat my 800W in a swinsuit contest everytime
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    I've given up guessing or even asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I've given up guessing or even asking.
    The fustration went on for years when rumors of the 800 was coming. The Treo Pro has started worse than that release. Just hope the TP is not yet another flop. Palm can not afford another disaster like this.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    /rant on
    I want a pro NOW!

/rant off

sorry, i am just amazed at my stupidity of not looking at the 800 again before I bought it. pro or NOthing
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I saw the preview for Touch Pro 2 and Diamond 2 and it will be out this summer.

I must say its nice and tilt is back.

So I might be waiting and waiting and may not get anything.
    Well, the Pros are a bit delayed as we all know (was told a manufacturing delay by someone very in the know, but probably under an NDA), from what I've heard it's NOT to fix the memory issue.

I had to give back my Pro a few weeks ago, but I should have another coming close to launch. No, it wasn't recalled to fix any issues, it was a store thing in my case.

As for the exact launch date, I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I hear anything I'm able to release to the public. Anything else, I'll hint at heavily.