Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    LOL, you know how we can be crtain it will beout? they finally pulled all the info off the sprint site!
    Yesterday if you put "treo Pro" in quotes or not in the sprintpcs.com site teh first ten answers you got were Preo pro support docs. as of today you get nothing on the three pro. I say this means release tomorrow to satisfy the irony test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Flashing a ROM is probably THE most dangerous thing you can do.

Just about any other mod you do, including the QPST mods are VASTLY safer than a ROM flash. If you have a bad ROM flash you have a $500 paperweight. If a QPST setting gets screwed up you go in and fix it, or you do an RTN reset.

ROM flashes are serious stuff, and not to be taken lightly.
    i've had bad flashes with roms i built and all i ever had to to was enter bootloader manually and reflash. i'm not saying that things cant go wrong, but most can be recovered from.

i thought i saw something in you "bug list" thing that palm/htc did something that prevented bad flashes?

i'm not saying your wrong ebag, its just rom updates have been around for ever. doesn't keep carriers from sending them out and allowing users to do them there selves.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post
    One of my staffers has been communicating with Sprint on this and she just sent me an email from them saying it would be released tomorrow.

They sent along a link for her to order from tomorrow. I clicked on the link and the Pro did not show up. But, they claim it will be there tomorrow.
    I am just wondering for them to take it out and flash and put it back in again, it looks like it has been opened?

I wonder if it is there tomorrow, shall I go ahead and order it?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i'm not saying your wrong ebag, its just rom updates have been around for ever. doesn't keep carriers from sending them out and allowing users to do them there selves.
    That's all true, Cody, and I've recovered from bad flashes myself. But I've seen too many permanently bricked devices to take it lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Flashing ROM is like chewing gum and walking at the same time.
    I love Chong's posts but that's just not right. Flashing ROM's may be technically simple to do, but they ARE one of the more dangerous things to do as if it goes bad then you're basically completely out of luck.

Reg edits, swapping files, installing programs, ##COMMAND# tweaks, QPST mods....they can all be reset with a hard reset or RTN reset. No amount of hard resets or RTN resets (assuming you can even do so) will fix a bad ROM flash.

I'm obviously a big fan of ROM flashes, and I think that people often are more afraid of them than need to be. But there is a very real chance that it can go wrong, and that is something that the carriers/manufacturers often gloss over when they release ROM updates.
    per my convo with sprint they are NOT releasing pro tomorrow it has been OFFICIALLY delayed again till further notice
    Yup not on website and more than likely not @ cor store. I'm about ready to write the whole bloody thing off. This shouldn't have been this difficult release: Slap a cdma radio into the pro, put a cheap lil sprint sticker on it so the carrier doesn't go postal, and sell it. But not their profit strategy has boiled down to this...

Step 1: Make a CDMA Treo Pro

Step 2: ?????

Step 3: PROFIT!

@ this point, is the phone really worth holding out for?
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well dam*** I only have two weeks left and one swap un that timeframe. I'm about to give up on Sprint.
    @ this point I'd be happy with a buggy release and patch updates! The storm did it, and it still sold (to the anguish of several people who later returned it, but still!) I'm not saying send out a "build it yourself Treo Pro ROM kit", but get something out there before the consumer EOL's it for you
    Prolly old news for many:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-targ...-and-htc-cedar

I just didn't want to start another rumor thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    Inquiring minds want to know...Will the Pre precede the Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know...Will the Pre precede the Pro?
    Very different markets. Pro will be a month or two before Pre anyway
    Despite the info that's leaking out of MWC, I'm still not enthused about the Pre. I'm more interested in the Touch Diamond/Pro 2s because I can see how the improvements they made apply. Once I can see how all these "innovations" for the Pre apply to the real world, maybe then I'll get enthused.

Hopefully, at least one of the reporters there will get some updated info out of Palm for the Pro's release. If it's the 15th of March, so be it. I can wait that long.
    So has March 15 been confirmed?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bandy View Post
    For the Pro? My local Sprint stores are saying it could be this month. Both stores told me that they would be in before the end of the month, around the 20-25th time frame.

Other web sites are reporting however that they could be back to the stores as early as this Thursday.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I checked with three stores in my area, one never heard of the pro, the other two had no idea when they would ship
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    One of the stores I went in actually had a working unit that one of the reps was carrying. She let me see it, seems like a nice phone. Keyboard was a little weird, though.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msglsmo View Post
    For the Pro? My local Sprint stores are saying it could be this month. Both stores told me that they would be in before the end of the month, around the 20-25th time frame.

Other web sites are reporting however that they could be back to the stores as early as this Thursday.
    I was told yesterday at mt local Sprint store Feb. 22. Checked at Best Buy and they had no idea. Neither claimed to have any in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocokola View Post
    I checked with three stores in my area, one never heard of the pro, the other two had no idea when they would ship
    They say that about plenty of phones they acuatally have in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by bandy View Post
    there is no date, it is simply: as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    I was told yesterday at mt local Sprint store Feb. 22. Checked at Best Buy and they had no idea. Neither claimed to have any in stock.
    In most cases and certainly this one they are not going to claim or even when directly asked acknowledge they have a handset in stock before they are allowed to release them. Witht eh original release date being publidhed and slipping past three weeks ago they are especially unlikely to claim to have it in stock.
    Last edited by aero; 02/17/2009 at 10:07 AM.
    what is the odds that someone will develop a hardspl(unlocker) for the stp? I am just curious because I would like to swich from the Touch Pro to this phone but I also want WM 6.5. I know the development for 6.5 on the touch pro is going to be there.
    More than likely we'll all see March 15th as the relase date just because its been said publically (well sorta :-p) and after so many changes in the release date, they could be sitting on dozens @ a sprint store and not do anything with them just so they actually met a release date they went public on