Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 782
  1. #41  
    Great news.
  2. stuy119's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #42  
    Awesome. So Sprint gets the 800w, and then six months later gets the Pro (followed closely by Verizon). In the meantime, AT&T stops selling the 750 and doesn't show that they'll be getting the Pro anytime soon.

    F-ing AT&T. Oh, how I hate you.
  3. #43  
    I had word that it was in December but I knew that would not be the case. I also heard anytime Q1 2009.

    I just bought the 800. I'm still within my 30 days. At the end of my 30, I will turn my 800 back into sprint, then go to Best Buy, get another 800 for another 30 days. Hopefully that will get me to January for the Pro release.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Hope they get the housing fixed before then. I am still not buying it. I will not use my 2 year rebate for Palm. Good luck to those who will be getting them.

    What's wrong with the housing? What 2 year rebate?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    What's wrong with the housing? What 2 year rebate?
    He's referring to the cracking issues.

    The 2 year "rebate" is actually a credit if you renew your contract and it's been 2 years since you last renewed. Typically (at least for Sprint) it's $150 for 2+ years, or $75 for 1 years.
  6. #46  
    I was wondering - other than packaging, what would we expect to be different in the Treo Pro vs. the 800w? Anything really other than looks/kb layout? Maybe a different battery since the GSM version already has a bigger battery than the 800w. But then again, CDMA is always a little different.
  7. #47  
    The CDMA version will have at least a 1500mAh battery which is already over 30% larger than the battery in the 800w. That's a massive difference.

    The Treo Pro is also over 30% smaller than the 800w. The difference is mostly in the thickness so it feels much better in your hands and pockets but still has a large LCD and roomy keyboard.

    The 3.5mm headset jack is the other major difference. The 800w doesn't even have an aftermarket adapter and probably never will. The Treo Pro comes with a jack built into the device. Sweet.
  8. #48  
    Oh, and real GPS too...
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I was wondering - other than packaging, what would we expect to be different in the Treo Pro vs. the 800w? Anything really other than looks/kb layout? Maybe a different battery since the GSM version already has a bigger battery than the 800w. But then again, CDMA is always a little different.

    The Pro vs the 800W

    The Pro has a longer lasting battery
    The Pro has a faster processor (400mhz vs 333mhz)
    The Pro is 30% smaller
    The Pro screen is flush and has better color and resolution
    The Pro has an 8x zoom camera (800W 2x zoom)
    The Pro has a 3.5 headphone jack while the 800W does not (USB head phones).



    Some don't like the key board on the Pro (same as the Centro).
    The Pro case has problems with cracking (supposedly) and finger prints.
    The price is high.
  10. #50  
    Can anyone tell me where I can go to see a Pro? (Treo that is)
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Can anyone tell me where I can go to see a Pro? (Treo that is)
    best buy has them. If you don't see it out ask.

    I paid $440 from dell a while back. played with it for a couple of weeks and then sold it at cost to a cousin going back to Europe (it was a steal for him with his euros).

    We don't know how many functional or aesthetic changes there will be in the CDMA version but the gsm is going to be a pretty good benchmark.

    on t e keyboard I would no make any assumptions until you use it for a few weeks. I never thought I would get used to graffiti and got excellent at it and I never thought I would get used to my treo 700 keyboard and got used to that very quickly as well.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    The Pro vs the 800W

    The Pro has a longer lasting battery
    The Pro has a faster processor (400mhz vs 333mhz)
    The Pro is 30% smaller
    The Pro screen is flush and has better color and resolution
    The Pro has an 8x zoom camera (800W 2x zoom)
    The Pro has a 3.5 headphone jack while the 800W does not (USB head phones).



    Some don't like the key board on the Pro (same as the Centro).
    The Pro case has problems with cracking (supposedly) and finger prints.
    The price is high.
    You forgot about working GPS which Pro has but the 800w doesn't.

    Also, the Pro keyboard looks similar to the Centro's but is much larger. Not at all the same.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    You forgot about working GPS which Pro has but the 800w doesn't.
    Clarification for those who haven't read the numerous threads about this: it doesn't have true standalone GPS. Assisted GPS works just fine, so if you use GPS in-network, it's great. If you want to go somewhere outside your network and use GPS, it doesn't.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  14. #54  
    Thanks everyone!
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Clarification for those who haven't read the numerous threads about this: it doesn't have true standalone GPS. Assisted GPS works just fine, so if you use GPS in-network, it's great. If you want to go somewhere outside your network and use GPS, it doesn't.
    The Pro DOESN'T so standalone GPS??? Or were you talking about the 800w?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    The Pro DOESN'T so standalone GPS??? Or were you talking about the 800w?
    He's talking about the 800w.

    Too bad the 800w is not getting the level of support the Treo Pro folks are seeing. 800w owners complained about GPS and their efforts to return to Palm were often denied. (Unless they went through the BBB or bugged Palm enough till they got hold of the right person. Writing many letters and such.) While Treo Pro owners have cracks, which are an exception not covered under warranty and they're still getting replacements and apologies. I'm glad the Treo Pro folks are getting quality customer service.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    He's talking about the 800w.

    Too bad the 800w is not getting the level of support the Treo Pro folks are seeing. 800w owners complained about GPS and their efforts to return to Palm were often denied. (Unless they went through the BBB or bugged Palm enough till they got hold of the right person. Writing many letters and such.) While Treo Pro owners have cracks, which are an exception not covered under warranty and they're still getting replacements and apologies. I'm glad the Treo Pro folks are getting quality customer service.
    They pretty much have to warranty it because it's the law. Whether they have the means or not they simply cannot dismiss a clearly defective part. Does this mean the GPS standalone funtion is defective on the 800? I'd say so, that is why people can get a refund if they like. But hey, we have nowhere to go if you want a Windows Mobile front keyboard device. You're right though, now 800 support is really out of reach with this Pro housing condition. Damn you, GSM Pro's!!!
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    While Treo Pro owners have cracks, which are an exception not covered under warranty and they're still getting replacements and apologies. I'm glad the Treo Pro folks are getting quality customer service.
    Just a clarification Darnell. In every state in the Union the cracks would be seen as covered under palm's warranty. Palm's assertion of an exception for cracks is about misuse. It could hold for random cracks either associated with misuse or theoretically from misuse, or for unique cases which an owner could not show was a defect.

    The cracks are all in the same places, showing up on very new devices with clusters of serial numbers. That is about an explicit and clear cut a product defect there is.

    The proof would be very simple. the interrogatory of palm by say a state attorney general's office would be: Is your disclaimer about wear and tear and owner misuse or does it extend to patterns defects in your product showing up when new? Palm woudl be stuck.


    We know the reason palm has cracks in their warranty. it is because people crack them. people drop them. they subject them to pressure. just like cracks in LCDs. That exclusion is clearly meant to cover abuse, and not meant to cover substandard plastic molding that breaks in this kind of pattern. Again Plam would almost certainly state the reason for this exclusion is abuse.

    Don't forget also their warranty language is their assertion of what is covered in warranty. Those types of assertions ar kitchen sink and aspects are thrown out all th time.

    By the way companies have to be consistent in replacement programs. since they have replaced quite a number, any plaintiff can use the ongoing replacements as an acknowledgement of an existing problem and argue that palm has company policy.

    Lastly if a provider pickls up the pro, you can bet no customer is going to get stuck with cracks showing up within 90 days (although I bet the problem will be solved on all pros made from now on in.)
  19. jbinbi's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #59  
    I know the thread says sprint, so a cdma version is coming, but anyone know about VZW? (don't tell me to switch networks, that just can't be done). Also, will the cdma version have gsm radios as well?
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    The Pro screen is flush and has better color and resolution
    Not true. The Pro has 320x320 just like the 800w has. (The screen could be smaller on the Pro which would give it higher DPI, but not higher resolution.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    The Pro has an 8x zoom camera (800W 2x zoom)
    That's interesting to note, but not in any way significant or better. It's a digital zoom, not optical. You can do that in software after the shot; but more importantly, digital zooming destroys your pictures, so why would you want to use it in the first place -- especially at 8x?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    Some don't like the key board on the Pro (same as the Centro).
    Not true. It's larger than the keyboard on the Centro.
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions