Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    This is the post I was referring to about the backing. The poster says taht he is glad the Sprint Touch Pro doesn't have the same glossy backing. Wonder where he got that information?

Well keep in mind, I was speaking about how the Sprint HTC Touch Pro has a different backing from its GSM version, while the Sprint Palm Treo Pro has a much more similar exterior to its GSM version. I just mentioned it as an aside in italicized parenthesis. I have the Touch Pro, but got the information about the different backs that really showed how hard it is to get fingerprints off the back of the Fuse.

My overall point in that earlier comment, was that full slim body protectors eliminate all the fuss about fingerprints. I was trying to encourage Chong67 not to worry so much about fingerprints, because that has a remedy. Be it regarding the Treo Pro, Touch Pro, IPhone or whatever. But if it's very hard to remove fingerprints even before you can apply the body protector, that's just not cool. It seemed with the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, the back of the device was changed to avoid the hard to remove from the back fingerprint concern.
    Most of my finger print problems and slickness of the phone were resolved by the Seidio innocase. Very cool case.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I guess I will get those skin thing.

I find that windex can always get rid of fingerprint.

I always use wet napkin with windex to clean my laptop screen and the keyboard. Then I wet another napkin and just water and clean it again. It always work.

So I guess clean phone often is one of the house work I have to do now when I get those glossy phone.

Also the reply screen on the forum had gotten smaller, like 640x480. I thought we are going to widescreen these days.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Finally! An admission from Palm that we are all not seeing a mirage! They acknowledge on the Treo Pro home page that its "coming to Sprint soon". Perhaps they just figured that out themselves?
    joeg
    Quote Originally Posted by jgitto View Post
    Finally! An admission from Palm that we are all not seeing a mirage! They acknowledge on the Treo Pro home page that its "coming to Sprint soon". Perhaps they just figured that out themselves?
    Perhaps a sign the updates are going smoothly?
    Page 61 of the the February 16 edition of Forbes has a fill page ad for the Treo Pro on Sprint with a $249 price after $100 MIR and 2 year agreement. Ad is entitled "The smartphone for smartpeople"
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248 View Post
    Page 61 of the the February 16 edition of Forbes has a fill page ad for the Treo Pro on Sprint with a $249 price after $100 MIR and 2 year agreement. Ad is entitled "The smartphone for smartpeople"
    cool. Feb 16 is the pull day, the day it is removed from newsstands. So that is the issue that hit newsstands yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure it won't work on the Sprint version. Doesn't TF3D eat something like 30mb of RAM? Even TF2D I think takes 10mb which I couldn't spare.
    [/IMG]
    When I tried installing M2D, it took up about 6MB. it also, of course, disabled the keyboard, the soft shortcuts, etc. The phone was useless after that. It could have been my inner noob showing though.
    Just handled one of the TP mockups at a local Best Buy. Looks even better in person. Very sleek design. My current phone is the Moto Q8, which is pretty thin and easily pocketable, and the TP makes it look big by comparison because it's at least 1/4" narrower.

I do see why some complain about the flat keys. That will take some getting used to as the Q's KB is quite spacious because the phone is so wide.

I'm curious to see how well the d-pad works on the TP. It didn't seem like there was enough height difference between the outer ring and the Palm (select) button, but I haven't read any complaints about it. One thing I'll miss about the Q is the scroll wheel and select buttons on the side. Those were very convenient for one-handed use.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    As if we all didn't see this one coming, take a look...

http://www.palm.com/

Click on Shop

Click on Buy Now under Treo Pro

This is the screen shown for about half a second...
    Oopsie
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Oh, & I'm aware of people with their hands on it, and the release dates, and the recall to patch, blah blah... I just thought it was funny to see that "coming soon to sprint" being covered up fast. How symbolic
    LongLivePalm
    Not good news at all.

I had always suspected this would happen based on what we've seen so far (memory problems, IE6 issues, etc).

At this point both Sprint and Palm are caught between a rock and a hard place on this.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Are they building hype?

At least it put me on hold as I want to get this phone. They are actually helping me save money.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I have been a loyal Blackberry user since late 90's. I have recently added sales software that works with windows mobile. I have tried touch pro etc.. and decided I would wait for the front facing keyboard. I have been reading this forum daily and have been gradually becoming more enthusiastic about windows mobile.

This is killing me!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How hard can it be to change a GSM phone to CDMA?

Frequency change and an empty SIM socket perhaps???

Geezzeee ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Are they building hype?
    No they are not.
    They are frustrating those who want it.
    They might cause ones to reconsider.
    On a positive note; they may be making sure they get it right. Which in the long run may make it worth wait.
    sounds like Deja-vu ala Treo 800w and 2008 ..

BigMots
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    How hard can it be to change a GSM phone to CDMA?

Frequency change and an empty SIM socket perhaps???

Geezzeee ...
    Problem is, they tried to do more than simply swapping the GSM for CDMA. They, as we can see with the value of hindsight, should have simply taken the GSM version, yanked the GSM, slapped a CDMA radio into it and left it at that.

They've tried to put more additional investment into a device with a carrier that they've already diluted with promotion of the Pre. If the Pre is still a go for 3/15...I won't say anything more because I think you all can figure it out...

(I'm hearing the line "Stimpy you *****" in my head!)