Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    If it's Touch Screen sensitivity concerns, perhaps they're just going to adjust some registry settings?

On the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, this is the tip for increasing screen sensitivity if desired. Maybe it works for the Treo Pro too?

Adjust screen sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
    Value = PressureThreshold
    Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If it's Touch Screen sensitivity concerns, perhaps they're just going to adjust some registry settings?

On the Sprint HTC Touch Pro, this is the tip for increasing screen sensitivity if desired. Maybe it works for the Treo Pro too?
    Or you can just recalibrate the screen using the utility and use a light touch.
    The Touch Pro touchscreen is real sensative (I like it) but if you need more than the hack above is a good one.

I cannot live without TouchFlo3D now (especially after finding out the cool zoom in feature by circling an area on the picture). Will TF3D work on a Treo Pro?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    The Touch Pro touchscreen is real sensative (I like it) but if you need more than the hack above is a good one.

I cannot live without TouchFlo3D now (especially after finding out the cool zoom in feature by circling an area on the picture). Will TF3D work on a Treo Pro?
    Don't know. The 800w chokes and dies on TF3D but maybe the extra processing power in the Treo Pro is enough? I'm not a TF3D fan though and wouldn't want to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Will TF3D work on a Treo Pro?
    "RAM, can ya please spare some RAM? Anything will do. Just a little RAM please sir"

Yeah, pretty sure it won't work on the Sprint version. Doesn't TF3D eat something like 30mb of RAM? Even TF2D I think takes 10mb which I couldn't spare.

Last edited by Malatesta; 01/31/2009 at 10:29 AM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I went to my local BB today and there it was, a model on display.

I ask the lady if they got it and she said she go and check. She come back in a few minutes and said we dont have it but the stores in North Atlanta has it. LOL! This goes to show how much non-geeks know about all the latest and up coming phones.

I did play with the store model.

I didnt like the keyboard. It feel very mushy. Like typing on a wet gel. It doesnt feel like the button push thing on the 800w. It is certainly better than typing on the Centro.

Finger prints are everywhere. From back to screen to all the button and keys. I hate it!

It is thinner and slimmer. That I like.

I read somewhere that it would be nice to combine the Pro and 800w into one. That is true!

So I am not too crazy about the Pro for now.

I dont know if the store model is the same as the real thing.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I'm going to BB today to check for accesories. Mainly a car charger. Did anyone notice if they have accessories? Could save me a trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I went to my local BB today and there it was, a model on display.

I ask the lady if they got it and she said she go and check. She come back in a few minutes and said we dont have it but the stores in North Atlanta has it. LOL! This goes to show how much non-geeks know about all the latest and up coming phones.
    Well call the Best Buy up there off Jimmy Carter Blvd and see if they have any in stock. (When I lived in Atlanta, I always had much success with that location .)

I did play with the store model.

I didnt like the keyboard. It feel very mushy. Like typing on a wet gel. It doesnt feel like the button push thing on the 800w. It is certainly better than typing on the Centro.
    Just my opinion, I've found the Centro keyboard and anything like that to be simply pathetic. Like trying to type on bubble wrap or something. I would call it a screw up, but those Centros sell, so its got to be a personal preference thing.

Finger prints are everywhere. From back to screen to all the button and keys. I hate it!
    Chong67, seriously man, moving into the future you've got to understand that you buy a full slim body protector such as BodyGuardz for these types of devices. That lessens the fingerprint concern considerably and prevents scratches too. (Although I am glad that the Sprint Touch Pro does not have the same glossy back as the GSM version. I mean how can you prep the thing for a full body protector if you can never get the prints off?)
    OT here, but I do wish the surface of the TP was like the back of my Seidio Innocase. It has a rubber kind of finish.. no slip and no finger prints. It is something you live with and adapt too since the reward of owning it is well worth it in my opinion.
    Stopped by the Mayfield Heights Best Buy in Cleveland Ohio today. Wanted to see what the scoop was on the Sprint Treo Pro. They had a display model with a "Coming Soon" tag on it. Asked about the status of it, the salesperson said they had recall on it, and returned them all. He also said they were expecting a release date of Feb. 15. The model I had looked just like the pictures. I was surprised about the screen size, it seems smaller than the pictures I've seen. Also the body appeared to have the slick plastic back. Is there a difference between the Sprint Treo Pro and the unlocked GSM body styles? Maybe they were using the unlocked display model for the Sprint one?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Stopped by the Mayfield Heights Best Buy in Cleveland Ohio today. Wanted to see what the scoop was on the Sprint Treo Pro. They had a display model with a "Coming Soon" tag on it. Asked about the status of it, the salesperson said they had recall on it, and returned them all. He also said they were expecting a release date of Feb. 15. The model I had looked just like the pictures. I was surprised about the screen size, it seems smaller than the pictures I've seen. Also the body appeared to have the slick plastic back. Is there a difference between the Sprint Treo Pro and the unlocked GSM body styles? Maybe they were using the unlocked display model for the Sprint one?

They are identical as far as I know except maybe a few barely noticeable tweeks to the KB from what I see.
    my best buy also reported today that they returned all there stock as well. said it was due to a software issue. release is feb 15th. so they say.

i have to say as well, i think it maybe to hard to type on. i wounder how the keyboard compares to the pre? is the pre going to be just as small. i know that phone is small.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    my best buy also reported today that they returned all there stock as well. said it was due to a software issue. release is feb 15th. so they say.

i have to say as well, i think it maybe to hard to type on. i wounder how the keyboard compares to the pre? is the pre going to be just as small. i know that phone is small.
    All I can say is that I did not like the KB when I first got it, especially coming from a 650, but it got easier daily and now I really love it (4 months). I'm not sure if I adapted my style? I assume I did.... but it is great now and I love the feel.
    EDIT: OK, it is still no 650...
    Last edited by KJKRAMER; 01/31/2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: EDIT: OK, it is still no 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by KJKRAMER View Post
    They are identical as far as I know except maybe a few barely noticeable tweeks to the KB from what I see.
    I thought one of the previous posters had mentioned that the Sprint version didn't have the slick black plastic on it, something to do with fingerprints of something. The would be cool if it had the same type as the 755p did.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I thought one of the previous posters had mentioned that the Sprint version didn't have the slick black plastic on it, something to do with fingerprints of something. The would be cool if it had the same type as the 755p did.

I doubt if that is true. Mal? Jim?
    It would be awesome if true and a bad beat for me since I already have mine. :-(
    It would be awesome if true and a bad beat for me since I already have mine. :-(
    Not true.

I have said numerous times that I wish it were, that the back cover was a "rubberized" version with a shiny black front. That'd be the perfect combo.

But the Sprint version is shiny and slick all over, just like the GSM version.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Yes, shiny, black (fingerprint magnet) and slick, very hard to hold on to...
    that is my one drawback so far, but I have a couple of free couple from zagg and i htink I will but a protecter on the back only. the zagg has a good tack to it. no fingerprints and good grip
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post

Chong67, seriously man, moving into the future you've got to understand that you buy a full slim body protector such as BodyGuardz for these types of devices. That lessens the fingerprint concern considerably and prevents scratches too. (Although I am glad that the Sprint Touch Pro does not have the same glossy back as the GSM version. I mean how can you prep the thing for a full body protector if you can never get the prints off?)
    This is the post I was referring to about the backing. The poster says taht he is glad the Sprint Touch Pro doesn't have the same glossy backing. Wonder where he got that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Not true.

I have said numerous times that I wish it were, that the back cover was a "rubberized" version with a shiny black front. That'd be the perfect combo.

But the Sprint version is shiny and slick all over, just like the GSM version.
    Yep!!! Just got back from BB. They were all sent back but still had the store copy locked up. Same phone except the KB is indeed a little different. Not sure if it is better but different. Slightly square and raised as reported.... sem more "plump" and a different feel when pressed.