Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I really need to get a pda phone.

I hate my refurb 800w that I got last week. It smell like toilet, like someone left it for months at a cheap motel.
    That's just too funny! It's the first time I've heard of anyone not liking their phone because of they way it smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

Your thoughts?
    The mind races at the thought of what someone might have done to your phone to make it smell like a toilet.

My second thought is wondering how someone could hold it up to their face without first dousing it in Purell.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    It's really beginning to sound like the large amount of 800w's sitting in the warehouses is causing the delay. Some Sprint stores and some Best Buys are selling them right now. Doesn't sound like there's any urgent recall notice in effect.
    lmao

I'm pretty positive you're the only person on the planet spinning the delay that way and no one has your back on it

Sprint said it had not completed testing; from Aero "this morning ADS told me they were all coming back to the center for a software update. A bit earlier second tier tech support called it "a problem with the operating system" for what that is worth."

As far as Best Buy selling them, clearly they are in the wrong. In fact, when you buy one they oddly cannot actually activate it on their SNAP system, which should raise a red flag, but you can talk your way out of that one.

btw, how much money do you think Palm ate by giving all of us pre-orders $25 and $50 credits?
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/28/2009 at 07:32 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I'm sure that Palm lost quite a bit of cash with those $25 payouts.

FWIW, peep this: "The biggest potential news is coming from high-level employees and in-store Ambassadors with the device, who are claiming that the Treo Pro will be the first CDMA 1xEVDO Rev. A device on the carrier and in the US that will support simultaneous voice and data access, with the Pre following as the second such capable device later this year." - courtesy of www.phonescoop.com

If this delay is really because of a firmware update allowing the Treo Pro to be the first CDMA device ever in the US to be able to do simulatenous data (not via WiFi) and voice, that would be SICK!
    I'm sure that Palm lost quite a bit of cash with those $25 payouts.

FWIW, peep this: "The biggest potential news is coming from high-level employees and in-store Ambassadors with the device, who are claiming that the Treo Pro will be the first CDMA 1xEVDO Rev. A device on the carrier and in the US that will support simultaneous voice and data access, with the Pre following as the second such capable device later this year." - courtesy of www.phonescoop.com

If this delay is really because of a firmware update allowing the Treo Pro to be the first CDMA device ever in the US to be able to do simulatenous data (not via WiFi) and voice, that would be SICK!
    That might really help boost the sales.

Although with the unauthorized release:
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    No, can't get it to work, get the banner "cannot connect, end the current phone call first" like on the 800w.

Odd thing on this Pro is when you make a phone call, the EVDO symbol at top of screen changes to 1x while on the phone call. Does not make sense but I have checked or changed every setting. Data connection stays EVDO and is fast.
    So let's hope.
    Just call me Berd.

*Cough*, I want a Touch Pro ROM update, cough!

Maybe Sprint will catch up with the folks across the pond and allow video calls soon!
    Best Buy has removed their Sprint Treo Pro web page. If you try the link to BestBuy.com in this article you get message:
    We're Sorry
    The page you requested can't be accessed right now, or it no longer exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Best Buy has removed their Sprint Treo Pro web page. If you try the link to BestBuy.com in this article you get message:

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Bought one a Best Buy yesterday though..............wonder if I have 30 or 45 days to take it back...............BB Silver Rewards member.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I'm sure Palm/Sprint is pissed about this whole thing...and yours truly Then again, last night at Best Buy they had the Sprint TP on display and even had an ad on the counter for it, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm sure Palm/Sprint is pissed about this whole thing...and yours truly Then again, last night at Best Buy they had the Sprint TP on display and even had an ad on the counter for it, so...
    Did you ask them if they were asked to send em back to Palm?
    Just call me Berd.
    nah, didn't want to push my luck before I bought it, lol I wouldn't be surprised if that "order" to ship back comes soon though.

I'm sure that Palm lost quite a bit of cash with those $25 payouts.!
    Sprint lost the money. It probably wasn't much. The responsible part for the delay, Sprint, Palm,. HTC, Microsoft or other, is opaque to us now, and the contractually responsible party for delay losses (eg HTC pays palm a penalty for late delivery, and or Palm pays Sprint penalty for late delivery) will be permanently opaque to us if such clauses exist and if a delay cause is covered and provable.
    Last edited by aero; 01/29/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    nah, didn't want to push my luck before I bought it, lol I wouldn't be surprised if that "order" to ship back comes soon though.
    It depends on what portion of the total in hand stock is in best buy stores. If say it is 1900 in some Best buy stores(or 1800 thanks to you guys pretending to be innocent rubes to Best buy), and 50,000 elsewhere then they can ship those back leasurly. If they had just 20,000 for rollout in all inventories stateside, 1900 is a bigger and more important chunck

REally the main cost of those devices sold by best buy store is a futrue support and used item return mess - future liablity that is probably ~$200 a unit sold. I estimate that since they will need not only, say $10 of labor unpacking and reflashing like all produced CDMA pros may need, but they will now also be used units, that need to be checked out fully, sold at a used discount, need labor to transfer to a different inventory category and will take customer service time from sprint and or Bestbuy in the return process.

By the way. I am putting my nickel on Feb 15, not late February.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got the $25 credited to my account and I have not even call them.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    If this delay is truly to allow the Treo Pro to be the first Sprint phone to ever allow true simultaneous voice/data, the couple of weeks wait will be well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sprint lost the money. It probably wasn't much. The responsible part for the delay, Sprint, Palm,. HTC, Microsoft or other, is opaque to us now, and the contractually responsible party for delay losses (eg HTC pays palm a penalty for late delivery, and or Palm pays Sprint penalty for late delivery) will be permanently opaque to us if such clauses exist and if a delay cause is covered and provable.
    They'll just pay it out of the salaries of the 8000 people they plan to let go.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    the one i played with at the store seamed to work fine. i didn't use it but the advocate kept using it. he would use it as a pointer and then a stylus while he was showing me stuff.

z, are you intrested in the pro? thinking about getting one? pre? hit me a PM if you want to keep thread on topic.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    the one i played with at the store seamed to work fine. i didn't use it but the advocate kept using it. he would use it as a pointer and then a stylus while he was showing me stuff.

z, are you intrested in the pro? thinking about getting one? pre?
    Hey Cody, how's it going?

Yeah, I'm thinking of swapping my 800w for a Treo Pro, but only IF it's an upgrade. Sounds like there might be some issues still. The Pre definitely looks like a hot device, but for me it's always about the software. I think it'll be awhile before I could actually make that switch, maybe as a second device though... What about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Sometimes, yes.

The sensitivity is off a bit and sometimes lags on response. I did however go into setting and re-calibrate which helped quite a bit (it comes pre-calibrated out of the box).

I'll watch more closely but off the cuff, it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Perhaps though they want the pre-set different?