Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I forgot say that the supervisor told me why they had to cancel the order. It was because their accounting system does not allow back orders for longer than 30 days. He said it has always been that way.

Just relaying what he said.
    That is as I said from the TOS sprint could not do it and protect themselves. Sprint would be unable to charge you a ETF
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Wow, great minds think alike. I just started this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=176091
    That would be a totally great reason for the setback.
    As I mentioned earlier I have a resposne that says they are making changes to operating system. I took that to mean possibly the elements associated with of 6.5 that are on the device such as the newer browser maybe a key to what is oging on.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    As I mentioned to Mal in a PM, this morning ADS told me they were all coming back to the center for a software update. A bit earlier second tier tech support called it "a problem with the operating system" for what that is worth.

On the tiny fraction of a chance something good is being removed it might be good to get as much off of the one in the wild phone as possible.
    huh, I never got that PM, sorry Aero

btw, I have a Treo Pro now...so I can dump anything off of it I suppose

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    huh, I never got that PM, sorry Aero

oh well, I must be on your ignore list!
    Recipients: Malatesta
    01/27/2009, 12:40 PM
    aero

sprint pro delay
    Mal I just got off line with ADS. according to them all sprint pros are coming back for a software update.
    oh well, I must be on your ignore list!
    lol. you were, should be cool now...

I have a Treo Pro now...so I can dump anything off of it I suppose
    So according to this post and the one from the other thread, your going to dump everything off it, and then run it back to Best Buy tomorrow, eeh?
    Just call me Berd.
    well, not tomorrow I DO have 30 days ;-)

actually so far...have to admit: not that exciting

I'm not digging the feel and IE6...is pretty terrible. But I need to spend some time here.

I am sure everyone but you has seen the proof. You missed the memo that said 1900 were sent to some Best buy stores.
    1,900 is a far cry from "tens of thousands". Where's the proof that there's all those Treo Pro's sitting in a warehouse somewhere?

Come on, you make a statement that is "without a doubt." If your statement is so factual, it should be easy to back up. So far you have proof that 1,900 phones were produced. Where's the proof for the other "tens of thousands"?

Statements that claim "without a doubt" should be easy to back up. After all, they're without a doubt, so must have some strong evidence/proof/statements backing them up....not "well you just don't understand!"

There are 30 million of smartphones sold in the north America in the last 12 months.
    Nice figure.

Too bad that Apple has almost a third of that 30 million. RIM isn't far behind either, which leaves WM with just over a third of that particular pie.

And then of course there's the minor little fact that HTC, Motorola, and Samsung absolutely dominate the WM market, leaving a tiny fraction of that piece of pie (crumbs, really) to the small guys like Palm. In fact HTC just fell behind Motorola and Samsung in the non-touchscreen smartphone market, which just goes to show how much those three together dominate the total WM market (link).

(See that link above? I make a statement--"HTC just fell behind Motorola and Samsung in the non-touchscreen smartphone market"--and then provided the proof to back it up. That's all I'm asking. Can't be that hard.)

No one produces less than 10,00 a pop. no one. I you havent the vaguest idea about the numbers and scale on which these are sold and produced -- no one here can help you
    Sure you can help me. Link me to your proof that Palm ran off "tens of thousands" of Sprint Treo Pro's. That's all it takes, a simple link to back up your statement. Can't be that hard, now can it?

And absolute statements like "no one" is just silly. Of course companies do. There are lots of reasons to, not the least of which is that a company may not sell that many. Of course it's reflected in the price, just go look at how something like the Sectera Edge is priced. How many $3,000+ price phones do you think they're going to sell? (Not to mention the $10,000 software and nearly $11,900 training and installation package.)

Is it possible that they're doing "tens of thousands" of phones per product run? Sure, but I doubt it. (Notice the lack of "without a doubt" in that statement? )
    I'm not digging the feel and IE6...is pretty terrible. But I need to spend some time here.
    I like the loading speeds and flash, but it has some serious problems and hangups as well.

Perhaps this was a last minute add on and perhaps not tuned for the memory and not well refined for 320 320.

perhaps that goes to the extension of possible delay. Palm may not have its full wm team anymore, and maybe waiting on microsoft?
    Where's my ROM dump!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    1,900 is a far cry from "tens of thousands". Where's the proof that there's all those Treo Pro's sitting in a warehouse somewhere?
    Lol you are the only one who doesn't realize that the 1900 is the few that got shipped to a tiny fraction of the outlets by mistake.

Look these are produced at 50,000 to 100,000 at a clip. there is not 2,000 beta run of new in box.

There is no doubt that if there 2,000 in some best buy stores alone, there are tens of thousands in the warehouse for the combined needs of the other bestbuys, bestbuy online, radio shack, sprint stores, sprint affiliate stores, and sprint online telesales and brightline, probably more like 100,000.

Please you are making yourself look foolish. No one wants to point it out but you keep insisting.

eg
    Is it possible that they're doing "tens of thousands" of phones per product run? Sure, but I doubt it. (Notice the lack of "without a doubt" in that statement? )
    lol. more like 100,000 .
    Last edited by aero; 01/27/2009 at 11:40 PM.
    Where's my ROM dump!
    I will do mine in the morning will use a chit from a tenant who works there.
    I wonder what Best Buy is going to do with all the phones they have in their back rooms? I'm in Cleveland OH right now and three of the stores show them as having stock (can't get out to check right now, it's snowing!!). Also checked in Portland OR where I'm from, and all but one of those stores show stock. I know they aren't/can't sell them, but what are they going to do with them?

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    well, not tomorrow I DO have 30 days ;-)

actually so far...have to admit: not that exciting

Big story on CNN today about Microsoft concentrating on the Mobile market now:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/01/26/m...ile/index.html

Big announcement coming next month at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, also the delay of Pocket Explorer 7.0 (as an interim, a release of 6.5 is expected). Also increased relationships with Samsung and LG. Kind of interesting given Palms latest doings.
    Last edited by ivhs72; 01/27/2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Added URL
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    I wonder what Best Buy is going to do with all the phones they have in their back rooms? I'm in Cleveland OH right now and three of the stores show them as having stock (can't get out to check right now, it's snowing!!). Also checked in Portland OR where I'm from, and all but one of those stores show stock. I know they aren't/can't sell them, but what are they going to do with them?
    Sicne bestbuy got 2,000 to their stores, there are probably 3,000 to 10,000 owned by best buy with 2k at stores, more held at BB distribution warehouses and some more held for their online sales. They are probably figuring out if it makes sesse to reflash or update them in situ, which is not cost effective, but saves the hassle of moving items out of Best buy owned inventory to Palm or Sprint, or simply swap then out.

The means 20 to 50,000 for the main distribution which is outside of bestbuy (sprint stores, sprint online sales, the big corporate brighpoint sales, etc are in central wharehouses still and can be flashed or updated en mass or moved in large shipments to a single facility for reflash.

They obviously stopped the distribution while under way, and a fraction fo the units ended up in the retail locations

Best buy proably has abou 5,000 to 10,000 or more if 2,000 are in stores but they are probalby trying to deeterine if they will flash or update them on site since they are now owned by best buy and it is not as easy to move tehm back withougt
    Where's my ROM dump!
    tomorrow, maybe

just did some photos, will post those tomorrow too...

I need to eat...then drink. this phone is too similar to the 800w to get that excited about.

Picked one up at BestBuy Tuesday.They had a drawer full of them.I asked if I can buy one and girl said "sure".I am on Sero so she had to call in and fully expected either Sprint to say it can't be activated.Or something that popped up on BB's screen,telling not to sell.Neither happened.So walked out with one for $249+tax.It is for my wife as I am currently using a Touch Pro.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    tomorrow, maybe

just did some photos, will post those tomorrow too...

I need to eat...then drink. this phone is too similar to the 800w to get that excited about.
    So you now have a Sprint Treo Pro? Wow, a lot seems to have changed in the last several hours. You should be able to confirm the simultaneous voice and data story you posted on WM Experts now???

I was not really expecting much to be different than the 800 since they are both WM/Palm....What were you expecting to find?
    joeg
    Quote Originally Posted by jgitto View Post
    So you now have a Sprint Treo Pro? Wow, a lot seems to have changed in the last several hours. You should be able to confirm the simultaneous voice and data story you posted on WM Experts now???

I was not really expecting much to be different than the 800 since they are both WM/Palm....What were you expecting to find?
    rev A doesnt support this. YOU CANNOT do voice and data at the same time with rev A. Rev A only increases upload speeds. You need to wait for Wimax, where you voice will be over the EVDO network,a nd data over wimax.

Im surprised no one every questioned this
    lol. more like 100,000 .
    That's roughly 2% of current Sprint subscribers.