Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If the Treo Pro is very popular, anything is possible.

The original Touch launched in early June, GSM only.

By October we had the CDMA, much improved version on Sprint. That was a very fast and unexpected turnaround.

But I wouldn't suggest that this is or is not happening.

Not with Palm and their History!!!! But that would show the business world that Palm is willing to compete. Look at the investment of Palm into the 800W, no they will get slow sales of the 800W and Touch Pro and Diamond will be the phones that people will purchase on Sprint. That is once users see the Treo Pro they will be heart sick!
    Quote Originally Posted by willysp View Post
    Careful - post #13 said "widely", not "wildly", so you've mis-quoted that word twice now
    Woops, guess I should learn to read

Widely or wildly, still makes no difference really - they are different, but not THAT different. Hardware specs are mostly the same, it's really just the shell that is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Woops, guess I should learn to read

Widely or wildly, still makes no difference really - they are different, but not THAT different. Hardware specs are mostly the same, it's really just the shell that is different.
    The 1500 mah battery is difference enough for me. Don't care so much about the 3.5mm jack or the better looking housing, I just can't see why they gave the CDMA device a smaller battery than the GSM device. All this talk about charging often and carrying spare batteries in the 800w discourages me from getting an 800w.And I'm willing to bet that the standalone GPS is going to work on the Pro/850 too.

The battery combined with all the other issues I'm hearing about (especially the GPS issues), is just going to make me suffer with my Mogul and wait for the Touch Pro.
    I for one like my 800w and I am not upset that the 850 is coming out for the GSM network. The way I look at it is the next phone Sprint gets should have a nicer form factor.

Perhaps I am the only one that likes the form factor of the 800w ? It's certainly better than the 700wx that I moved from.

I think people just like to whinge
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    It's disappointing that Sprint got the ugly phone and the worse battery. My next phone will probably be a BB or the Touch Pro.
    Is there a comparision available as far as rates go for ATT services WITH unlimitted data plan. So We can compare with Sprint Sero?
    Well, I think I would like the idea of jumping from POS to WM along with CDMA to GSM. Might as well if it is doable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Is there a comparision available as far as rates go for ATT services WITH unlimitted data plan. So We can compare with Sprint Sero?
    Well, I think I would like the idea of jumping from POS to WM along with CDMA to GSM. Might as well if it is doable.
    As I posted in another thread:

Even if you're not on SERO, I still don't get how AT&T can justify its prices:

Sprint Everything 450 (Unlimited texts, internet, nights and weekends at 7, GPS navigation): $69.99

AT&T 450 Minutes Plan (only 5000 nights and weekends minutes) $39.99
    PDA Personal Bundle (unlimited internet and texts) $60.00
    AT&T Navigator $9.99

Total $109.98 for the same plan (and actually not even as good, limited nights and weekends minutes) that is $69.99 on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I wouldn't say wildly different, they're basically the same form factor. Except one is more aesthetically pleasing.
    I think the flush screen is a pretty wild difference LOL!!! I also think (although not wild) the return of the reset button and a 'real' stylus shouldn't be overlooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwalter90 View Post
    Is there any chance that there will be a Treo 850 for sprint.
    Dude....If Sprint sees a version of the Pro before VZW even gets a sniff of the 800.....I give up LOL!!!!!!!

I thought that the treo pro was going to have a replaceable sim card. Would that allow it work on the sprint network?
    Quote Originally Posted by mweiss View Post
    I thought that the treo pro was going to have a replaceable sim card. Would that allow it work on the sprint network?
    It does have a replaceable SIM card just like every other GSM Treo. It is also being sold as an unlocked GSM phone. It will therefore work on any GSM cellphone network in the world.

However, Sprint and Verizon aren't GSM networks.
    Is the CDMA Version going to come out real soon?
    No.

Maybe in 2009, but there is no hard evidence of a CDMA version yet.
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Maybe in 2009, but there is no hard evidence of a CDMA version yet.
    Including no indication of which carrier(s) would pick it up.
    Treo Pro is GSM only
    Thanks, I can save my money.
    Not CDMA yet and may never be. We don't know. Palm has a real dilemma on their hands though. They can either:

1. Screw everyone who spent their money on the 800w by releasing the clearly superior Treo Pro
    2. Screw everyone who didn't spend their money on the 800w by not releasing the clearly superior Treo Pro

Given the poor sales numbers from the 800w, the number of outstanding bugs and the volume of negative reviews, I'd guess that Palm will bite the bullet and release a CDMA version of the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    BGR is reporting that Sprint will get Treo Pro 1/11/2008 with VZW to follow. They do not say how they know this but they are usually correct.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!!!

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...nt-in-january/
    Well that's not bad timing. Sprint brought out out the 800w waits about 6 months and then the Treo Pro.

I think that's pretty reasonable.
    Hope they get the housing fixed before then. I am still not buying it. I will not use my 2 year rebate for Palm. Good luck to those who will be getting them.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    BGR is reporting that Sprint will get Treo Pro 1/11/2008 with VZW to follow. They do not say how they know this but they are usually correct.
    The date is accurate as "January/Q1" has been floating around the 'net for a few weeks now.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast