Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    Sprint just called me too. They said that sprint has to cancel my order because the phone will not be available within the 30 days of my order date.
    I ordered on Jan 22nd. This would screw up the ordering system and they have to cancel my order. For the inconvenience they will credit me $25.00 on my next bill. So we know it will be after Feb 22 before we see this phone.

I am considering the Touch Pro now. I have never had WM device I have always had PalmOS version. I have read that Palm makes the WM experience much better so that was the way I was going to go and planning to purchase StyleTap for some of my legacy apps that I just gotta have.

Any Ideas out there. HTC Touch Pro worth it in comparison?

Oh and the Sprint Rep also told me that I was 1 of 48 calls being made to customers about this issue on the list this rep had.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post

I just wish they would let me try the Touch Pro with no obligation. I did try and ask but was recited Sprint rules and regs.
    You guys make me wish I pre-ordered a Treo Pro just for the $25 , not that I want a Treo Pro though.

OrionNE, you can try any device from Sprint and return it within 30 days for a full refund.

Here's my history with devices:
    Palm Professional -> Visor Prism -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 800w -> Sprint HTC Touch Pro.

I can say given that track record, it was easier transitioning to WM by having a Treo 800w before I got the Touch Pro, but I'm way happier with the Touch Pro. Never would have got the 800w if I had it to do over again. In fact, I would have gone from the Treo 650 to the Mogul and then to the Touch Pro if I did it all again.

It's going to be a little harder for you, if you make the leap from a Palm OS based Treo to the WM based Touch Pro, but I can tell you I only joke about ordering a Treo Pro. Because the Touch Pro is really nice and I have no desires for a Treo Pro.

But these things really depend on the user. You'll have to give it a try yourself and see. If you get a Touch Pro, there is no shortage of people who are out here online able to help you with any transition issues you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    without a doubt tens of thousands of of Pros are stamped with a Sprint logo.
    Where'd that "without a doubt" number come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Given the current sales projections, there is no doubt. Well for you there may be some doubt, but not for some of the rest of us.
    From knowledge.

From long experience with overseas production. Do you think these are produced a thousand at a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Given the current sales projections, there is no doubt. Well for you there may be some doubt, but not for some of the rest of us.
    Really.

So...where are these "current sales projections" that leaves "no doubt"?
    Really.

Ebag, I'm not even going to bother getting it for you.
    Really.
    Do you have any idea at all about production?

a handful of handsets (2,000) shipped to some best buys. Total for best buy in store and oneline would be on the order of 5,000 atleast and that is a fraction of sprint outlets. Brightpoint is huge that is how the big orders (20, 50, 200 units a pop handsets are sold), they you have radio shack, affiliates and sprint stores -- and then the big one, telesales.

They dont stamp out handsets like this a few hundred at a time and idle. Orders are by the hundreds of thousands and millions, production runs are in the tens of thousands minimum and they occur very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Ebag, I'm not even going to bother getting it for you.
    /wall of text
    So, neither of you can (or are willing to) provide actual facts (or even guesses from Palm, which isn't likely to be very accurate in this economy), and only give guesses/estimates.

Not sure I'd say an estimate/guess leaves "no doubt", but.....
    And what if the Pre has delays like this???
    So, neither of you can (or are willing to) provide actual facts (or even guesses from Palm, which isn't likely to be very accurate in this economy), and only give guesses/estimates.
    Not sure I'd say an estimate/guess leaves "no doubt", but.....
    Again everyone else doesn't know, treo central doesn't know when it leaks production orders, and only you know?

what are you talking about? are you saying that you think handsets are contracted and produced in the hundreds?

Have you ever even been to china to see one of these production facilities?

Your own published data is based on googling, like the citation of the CDMA numbers saying that the 800w gps would now work on 150 odd networks which was 100% false when checked out.

Your source was a page listing data from years ago with most of those carriers tearing down their cdma systems to move badnwidth to GSM long ago.

Try common sense. Smartphones are not ordered and produced 100 at a time. lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    And what if the Pre has delays like this???
    The pre is do or die for palm and very important to Sprint. it has priority in every situation. if pre has an issue internal to sprint or Palm, ie something they can fix themselves, they will put all needed resources on it. With the pro it is not as acute plus there are two other major parties involved, HTC and Microsoft who absent contract culpability have less of an interest in moving fast.
    Last edited by aero; 01/27/2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Just got the call. I had to haggle for the $25 and ended up getting $50 from a supervisor.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Try common sense. Smartphones are not ordered and produced 100 at a time. lol!
    You don't have any proof, so you have to dredge something else up from another thread?

Did I ever say that they were produced 100 at a time? No. All I asked for was proof of your "without a doubt" statement. Which (so far) you have failed to provide.

without a doubt tens of thousands of of Pros are stamped with a Sprint logo.
    (Emphasis mine.)

It's simple. If it's "without a doubt" then there should be zero problems providing evidence to backup your statement....like something published by Palm, HTC, or Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Just got the call. I had to haggle for the $25 and ended up getting $50 from a supervisor.
    Good job!
    I forgot say that the supervisor told me why they had to cancel the order. It was because their accounting system does not allow back orders for longer than 30 days. He said it has always been that way.

Just relaying what he said.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Their accounting system has those business rules for good reasons. Likely legal reasons. The developers who made the accounting system were told to put the 30 day limit in for a reason.
    Here's a thought (i mean wish): Maybe they are going to put WM 6.5 on them?
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    Here's a thought (i mean wish): Maybe they are going to put WM 6.5 on them?
    Wow, great minds think alike. I just started this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=176091

That would be a totally great reason for the setback.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    All I asked for was proof of your "without a doubt" statement. Which (so far) you have failed to provide.
    I am sure everyone but you has seen the proof. You missed the memo that said 1900 were sent to some Best buy stores.

That would be a fraction of the production which must without a doubt be over 10,000. you are certainly and literally the only person on the board with such a misunderstanding of production and distribution of sprint products to doubt it.

There are 30 million of smartphones sold in the north America in the last 12 months.

Verizon alone sold one million BB storms in 10 weeks!

No one produces less than 10,00 a pop. no one. If you haven't the vaguest idea about the numbers and scale on which these are sold and produced -- no one here can help you
    Last edited by aero; 01/27/2009 at 11:08 PM.
    Guys, as far as the "end of February" rumor goes: We get ANY delays in an internal Sprint email ASAP, we got the email for the Feb 15th delay the morning the story broke (I even mentioned it here). We have not heard ANYTHING regarding another delay, but I'll let you know as soon as any new news comes out. The cancellations could be caused by a slew of reasons, including low stock for when the release is live, but as of right now, it's coming the 15th.