Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Ethical issues come into play when you include a paid program into a ROM. (Yes, I'm aware that the beta version is free, but the regular version is not.)

Personally, I would have no issue including the beta of Opera in there, but I've talked with people who feel quite the opposite, and it does rather run the opposite of the whole "beta" idea. *shrug*
    Ethical issues "come into play" with several of the "fixes" here, including on the 800w threads and faq.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Ethical issues "come into play" with several of the "fixes" here, including on the 800w threads and faq.
    Absolutely. It's up to the user to determine whether they feel comfortable using software that has not been released to the public.

QPST is about the only questionable one though, and that's exactly why I did not link to it at any point.

And that's only 4 of the tweaks/improvements out of 16. The user can significantly improve the quality of their device without ever touching QPST.

My original comment was more towards the idea of having an unlocked copy of Opera Mobile in a ROM, which I've seen people do. I have no problems with the evaluation (or even beta, for that matter) being included in a ROM.

Regardless, this is getting rather off topic so I'm not going to continue the thread derail.
    It actually shows as "Available for Pickup" at 2 of the 4 stores close to me here in Austin, TX. Even allows me to pick the pick-up at store option in the cart. However, I am not ordering one for $699!
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    It actually shows as "Available for Pickup" at 2 of the 4 stores close to me here in Austin, TX. Even allows me to pick the pick-up at store option in the cart. However, I am not ordering one for $699!
    Yeah, but according to that internal memo (1) they can't sell them (2) they can't be activated till the 15th

So I'm real curious if people can buy them, despite that internal memo forbidding them to do so. RickMG I believe had cash in hand was expecting to buy one the other night but was turned away because of that memo.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    my zip (64083) showed like five stores had them avaailable for pickup. called them all, none would budge
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/26/2009 at 02:29 PM.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just got alert in my email that my card has been charge a big amount for $389 (with tax), which is the Sprint Pro phone.

Yah, they charge first and the ship for the phone is 3+ weeks away ??? Can they do that ?

I hope to get my phone soon. I got 2 yrs and 7 months left in my contract after doing this.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Yah, they charge first and the ship for the phone is 3+ weeks away ??? Can they do that ?

It's a cellular provider...If they can find a way to hang on to your money for an extended period of time, they'll find it. Just be glad you don't see a "BackOrder Maintenance Fee" on your next bill and have them explain it off as the cost of doing business. I'd personally see if you can get your money back, cancel the order and wait till best buy sells it @ the twoyear price minus the rebate upfront.
    Powah to the Headset Jockeys!
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I just got alert in my email that my card has been charge a big amount for $389 (with tax), which is the Sprint Pro phone.

I hope to get my phone soon. I got 2 yrs and 7 months left in my contract after doing this.
    who knows, i could see the system leting your go through. best buy got a memo, did brightpoint get a memo? did the warehouse get a memo.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    At first glance, the only difference I see is that the Sprint version does not have voice activated dialing.
    Thats weird. Why would the 800w have voice dialing and Pro not?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I order this phone the other day on Sprint website. I think you can have up to 2 months to do your dispute with your cc company.

I dont think I can get the $100 rebate cause my plan is the SERO.

After I sell my 800w, I will get it around $250.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    So take this for what it's worth but I just got a call from Sprint Tele Sales and they told me that my Treo Pro would be shipping on Feb 2.

I placed my order on sprint.com the on Jan 22 when it was on the site for a few hours.

We shall see if I get it next week. Anybody else get a phone call like this?
    I just got a call.

They don't expect the phone to ship till the 15th, just like we've been told.

because of a typo or omission on the adverting copy
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    $$$

It costs extra cash to put that program in each and every device (what's it like $30 for non-OEM?).

Kind of a shame it's not included, really adds to the "1-handedness" of the device.

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just got a call from Sprint CSR. I didnt pick up the phone but they left a msg.

They apologized for the delay and they say the PRO will be ship on Feb 15.

If I have any questions, call him.

Thats it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, but according to that internal memo (1) they can't sell them (2) they can't be activated till the 15th

So I'm real curious if people can buy them, despite that internal memo forbidding them to do so. RickMG I believe had cash in hand was expecting to buy one the other night but was turned away because of that memo.
    Yea, I figured it would not actually go through or you would not be able to pick it up. But you can get 18 months no interest financing!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Same here.. Feb 15th
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    RickMG I believe had cash in hand was expecting to buy one the other night but was turned away because of that memo.
    I actually had plastic in pocket. But I was going to do the $249 upgrade. He actually showed me the email from his boss. I assume the boss got the memo but the email was to all the St. Louis area stores and said pretty much what the memo said. I was at the Chesterfield Commons store and talked with Garrett the manager of the department. They were all great guys down there, so if anyone walks in I'm sure they will let you play with one.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    What is up with all these high end PDA phones that can do most anything but yet they can't have a good voice dialing program. Living in California I can't text while driving and I have to be hands free, soon I won't even be able to dial phone while driving.