Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I order the 800w few days ago on Sprint site.

I wonder if Sprint is going to cancel it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    What custom ROMs?

There have been none for the GSM Treo Pro after 6 months, what makes you believe we'll have one for CDMA?

And this has nothing to do with caches and pagefile, which can be adjusted on any device. This appears to be an IE6 issue, meaning we'd have to downgrade the phone i.e. go back to an older version of WM6.1.
    Then post your 800w custom ROM with a user-selectable pagefile to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Then post your 800w custom ROM with a user-selectable pagefile to prove it.
    Wrong forum, wrong topic.

Lets bring it back again:
    Just wait for the custom ROMs and you'll be able to set the caches and pagefile to whatever you like.
    There are no custom ROMs for the Treo Pro after 6 months. It does not look hopeful there will be anytime soon.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I order the 800w few days ago on Sprint site.

I wonder if Sprint is going to cancel it.
    i hate to break this to you chong, but you ordered the treo PRO silly.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=14

i'm sure it will just remain on backorder until release date.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    This is the email I just got from my Sprint Store. i was going down tommorrow to get one.

Good morning Chris,
    I know that you have a great deal of interest in obtaining the Treo Pro tomorrow. We were just informed it will not be launching tomorrow as anticipated. The new launch window is 2.15.09. There was something with the handset that Palm asked us to wait to launch until there was a patch out. There were no details as to why.

Thanks,

Chris McGreal
    Sprint Store
    CAFOLA0101
    Office: (916) 984-8181
    Huh, well we've known about the delay since yesterday (see WMExperts & threads in this forum) but that is interesting about the "patch" as up til now we were just told that it hadn't received clearence from Sprint's engineers/labs.

This must be why it was not given the green light as perhaps they found a last minute problem.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I also placed a order and it is not saying backorder on http://www.sprint.com/myorder I am very very disappointed.

I also have some good sources at Sprint. I and going to throw this out there so take it however you want. I have been told Sprint is planning layoffs on Monday and thru next week. Could be another reason for the delay. It is sad cause of the economy and you would think they would want to pump sales. But as someone pointed out They (Sprint and Palm) are banking on the PRE.

OrionNE
    Wrong forum, wrong topic.

Lets bring it back again:

There are no custom ROMs for the Treo Pro after 6 months. It does not look hopeful there will be anytime soon.
    You're obviously forgetting about the size of Sprint's user-base. Anyone wanting a front-facing QWERTY keyboard and WM6.1 on Sprint will have only one choice: the Palm Treo Pro. I don't consider the defective 800w to be an option and it appears that Sprint doesn't either.

I wonder what Best Buy's promotions will be for the Treo Pro compared to Sprint's?
    Maybe a patch to add 10-20 mb more of free program memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by NutritionN View Post
    lol, I wasn't going to go there
    Telesales is suposed to call me on monday to order my phone. We will wait and see on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by NutritionN View Post

Is that possible? Could it be a new ROM?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I hope they can give us more usable memory. Does anyone look at these before they send them out? It almost seems like they sent them out and then might of found out from here or WM Experts that they had a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBiz View Post
    I hope they can give us more usable memory. Does anyone look at these before they send them out? It almost seems like they sent them out and then might of found out from here or WM Experts that they had a problem.
    While I find their lower RAM levels to be odd in comparison to modern devices, I'm not sure it'll be necessarily a problem--it's just not preferred by us power user types. But this is a business/messenger device and not a multimedia one, so I'm not too concerned.

However, once we can use it in the real world, we'll see. It could be a major flub, but I think it'll be just a minor annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Is that possible? Could it be a new ROM?
    Probably something much, much more minor than that. There are lots of little technical things they have to check for so a "patch" may be all that is needed to fix any radio issues (which is what it sounds like). The RAM issue...well, that's just a mystery right now.

You're obviously forgetting about the size of Sprint's user-base.
    No one is forgetting the tiny, Sprint user base. But lets be honest: it was predicted from early on that the GSM-XDA crowd would rip apart this "HTC Treo" and we'd be basking in custom-ROM manna "very soon"
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    It is a guarantee that shortly after the TP is released that there will be a ROM on xda-developers that will give more than the 105 MGs available on the stock ROM.
    That was back in September.

I'm just not prepared to guarantee or even suggest that (a) a custom ROM will be out anytime soon (b) it could fix this "issue"

Unfortunately, the Sprint Pro will have a few weeks (months?) of glory before the Pre will steal the spotlight. Just by looking at the general lack of interest now in the Sprint Treo Pro (ppcgeeks, treocentral, HoFo, SU are all completely dead, well below pre-800w interest), I just don't see many of the elite hacker groups buying this phone.

But this is all conjecture, so lets just see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionNE View Post
    Hi all,
    I also placed a order and it is not saying backorder on http://www.sprint.com/myorder I am very very disappointed.
    I also have some good sources at Sprint. I and going to throw this out there so take it however you want. I have been told Sprint is planning layoffs on Monday and thru next week. Could be another reason for the delay. It is sad cause of the economy and you would think they would want to pump sales. But as someone pointed out They (Sprint and Palm) are banking on the PRE.
    OrionNE
    If the original release date was jan 25 and current officially planned released release date is feb 15 sprint has bought millions and millions of dollars worth or Pros.

They have a trained support on the 800w which will have the tiniest changes to support the Pro, as well as other WM devices.

There would be zero financial reason for delaying the Pro layoffs or not, with the exception of excess inventory of the 800w.

I tend to agree that the likely cause is a bug and or optimization of the memory. Three weeks is not enough time to deal with a hardware problem
    when something is sitting on shelves waiting to be sold how can you possibly update whats brand new sealed in a box? unless its OTA or downloadable? and if that's the case who cares most of us nerds would just do it when it comes out
    Because, Hotis, we represent about 2% of the cellphone/PDA buying public. Most people who get these are either A: don't care, B: receive it from their business, C: don't even own a computer (yes, mind boggling), or D: a kid that wants a "cool" phone. Most people WOULDN'T fix it themselves.

Hell, I can't tell you how many people come into my store with a palm or Blackberry, and they don't even know how to back up their contacts, let alone their entire device. I can't even tell you how many look at me like I'm an ***** when I ask them what kind of computer they have.

"Is it a Mac or a windows computer?"
    "I don't know"
    "Did you buy it at the apple store?"
    "no"
    "OK, so it's windows. Vista or XP?"
    *they drool a bit*
    "Does it have a square start button or a circle with a flag?"

Yeah, it's THAT bad.
    okay, that made me laugh...a lot

I can't vouch for the date, but I'm feeling a delay coming on myself...

In Sprint's "official" response yesterday to all the blogs, they said it had not completed certification on their network. That's kinda a big deal and means they are behind schedule a bit--I'm not sure if they're gonna get it done this weekend (I also don't think they have shipped from the warehouses yet...which makes sense).

And god forbid they request a change! Then we're talking mass-reflashing, which will be another week or two (like the Touch Pro incident).

Odd about the Feb 15th date though...that's the rumored date of the Sprint Pre.
    Are you kidding? The Pre is scheduled to be released in June!!!!!

I went to the Sprint Store yesterday and they said that the Pro release was Feb. 17.......