Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    only 7 months for a new sign up $200 discount?? how???

I am on SERO too...
    "...within 7 months" meaning you only have 7 months left till your 2 year mark

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It will, but newer devices i.e. Touch Diamond, have more RAM (228mb), so they have more "to spare" than a 128mb system.
    Yea, but other devices have browsers with some sort of flash support (such as Opera Mobile) and don't use 86MB of memory at start up. Other devices have more to spare, but any device using 86MB at boot is a bit much. If the Treo Pro using about 86MB at boot is true and it needs that much at boot because of additional requirements from IE 6 with flash support, MS needs to somehow make the thing more efficient. What else can PIE 6 do that needs so much memory?

Opera Mobile has had flash support for almost 2 years and does not need so much memory to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    link here

hmmmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Still at 5 available. Nobody is buying it?

The seller says nothing about whether the ESNs are clean.
    i think this is a pre sale with out the title. if the delay to feb 15th is true, and once he finds out, you will proably find him remove his listing.

although, in another thread, best buy mobile has gotten a few devices already.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    hmmmmmm 2/15 date is making me feel that she/he had the pre and pro all mixed up
    Quote Originally Posted by tama2112 View Post
    I ordered mine yesterday and was told it would be delivered by Wednesday of next week?!? So will i not receive it or what??
    It will be interesting to see if you, or anyone else that ordered one, actually gets theirs. It could be very possible that Best Buy's exclusive wasn't allowed or that it's possible they need to flash them. Shrink wrapped or not, they have 3 weeks to open them up, flash them and sell them. I don't think the box each unit comes in was shrink wrapped, maybe the pallet full of them were, but that doesn't matter much. They can easily open a box, flash or upgrade the phones and you'd never know it. The phone wasn't in a plastic bag, and I doubt the store had a pallet full or even 20 phones in stock. I'm sure an employee could handle whatever needed to be done in a few hours.

They might need the 3 weeks so the Palm or Sprint reps can go to each store and do what's necessary.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The phone wasn't in a plastic bag, and I doubt the store had a pallet full or even 20 phones in stock. I'm sure an employee could handle whatever needed to be done in a few hours.
    Yes, if you look at the numbers on the Bestbuy memo it says 1900. At 700 to 1000 stores that would be 20 - 30 a store. that is just one or two large sized ups box per store
    I posted this on my thread with the photos, but in case someone watching this thread knows. Is it possible that the reason the phone is being delayed, is because there is a program called "Software Store" on it and the Software Store is not ready?

Edit: I just noticed that I have that on my Centro, so I guess that answers my question.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Just wait for the custom ROMs and you'll be able to set the caches and pagefile to whatever you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    or simply tweak down the usage.

It also could be a marketing decision related to stock in the 800w but anything is possible.

Also I know is multiple sources at Sprint told me the 25th in the last 24 hours.

Of course though I don't believe we saw the brightpoint release on the 21st, we would see some of that here.

What is that guy on ebay going to do?
    I sure hope it's not due to the incredibly slow sales of the remaining 800w stock. Maybe we all should have returned our defective 800w's a few more times to deplete the stock.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Hey, can I have that phone?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    I sure hope it's not due to the incredibly slow sales of the remaining 800w stock. Maybe we all should have returned our defective 800w's a few more times to deplete the stock.
    Why guess when Sprint flat out said:
    "Sprint inadvertently posted information on Sprint.com regarding an upcoming product, Palm Treo Pro, this morning. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Sprint looks forward to welcoming this exciting, new device into our portfolio as soon as it has been approved through our customary testing process. We will share details on the correct availability date as soon as the standard testing of both the device and its interaction with our network has concluded. Thank you for your interest in Sprint products."
    They haven't finished their paperwork, no need to keep digging at the 800w every chance you get

Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Just wait for the custom ROMs and you'll be able to set the caches and pagefile to whatever you like.
    What custom ROMs?

There have been none for the GSM Treo Pro after 6 months, what makes you believe we'll have one for CDMA?

And this has nothing to do with caches and pagefile, which can be adjusted on any device. This appears to be an IE6 issue, meaning we'd have to downgrade the phone i.e. go back to an older version of WM6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    This appears to be an IE6 issue, meaning we'd have to downgrade the phone i.e. go back to an older version of WM6.1.
    Or rather just have a ROM with Opera Mobile, which certainly is not a downgrade.

The lack of a number of Treo Pro custom ROMs sadly indicates there likely is not a large community of owners. The XDA Treo Pro forums are a little slow in comparison with some of their other forums.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2339432,00.asp

This is probably old news but I thought I'd add it.
    Last edited by KJKRAMER; 01/23/2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Or rather just have a ROM with Opera Mobile, which certainly is not a downgrade.
    Ethical issues come into play when you include a paid program into a ROM. (Yes, I'm aware that the beta version is free, but the regular version is not.)

Personally, I would have no issue including the beta of Opera in there, but I've talked with people who feel quite the opposite, and it does rather run the opposite of the whole "beta" idea. *shrug*
    Anyone can use Opera Mobile's released version for free on 30 day trial. If a custom ROM had just a 30 day trial version, that the user could pay to upgrade in 30 days if they choose or just have it die after 30 days, there is no ethical problem that I can see in that. Sprint offers trialware even with the 800w.

Some Treo Pro owners have complained about issues with the beta version on the GSM unlocked Treo Pro.

If they don't want to pay the $24, they could always go back to the stock ROM. I'm assuming the stock ROM would also be available. (And if someone wants to play the ROMs repeatedly to bypass paying $24, that's an issue of their own and they'll certainly find other ways to bypass paying. But it would be interesting to see someone who paid hundreds for a device and paying maybe about $100/month to Sprint doing that over $24. The same could be done with the trailware offered with a device by the seller.)
    The "software store" is a Sprint thing, like their Sprint Music Store. It's just a place to download software, NOT Palm's Software Catalog or whatever they're calling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    The "software store" is a Sprint thing, like their Sprint Music Store. It's just a place to download software, NOT Palm's Software Catalog or whatever they're calling it.
    Thanks. Why don't they just use the current solftware store for the Pre store?
    Because the Pre will use completely different software that's not compatible with Windows Mobile.