Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
  1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Available: 80.1mb
    In Use: 37mb
    Free: 43mb

Give or take a mb, that's what it looks like. It doesn't appear to be "bloatware" but IE6...at least that our hunch. Had it been bloatware, that middle number (In Use) would be higher than 37mb--currently, 37mb is pretty average for WM6.1.
    First of all I apologize for being OT.

I am looking at my GSM Pro right now and I see:

Total: 105.55 MB
    In use: 27.22 MB
    Free: 78.33 MB

I have around 6 or 7 after market programs on it, given that the "In Use" number of 37MB seems too high. I am curious as to what it would be if not Sprint Bloatware.

Thanks
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    First of all I apologize for being OT.

I am looking at my GSM Pro right now and I see:

Total: 105.55 MB
    In use: 27.22 MB
    Free: 78.33 MB

I have around 6 or 7 after market programs on it, given that the "In Use" number of 37MB seems too high. I am curious as to what it would be if not Sprint Bloatware.

Thanks
    hmmm...good point. I don't use GSM devices, so I don't know the deets as well. Don't get me wrong: there IS bloatware, but I should qualify: that 37mb is within normal limits for Sprint

But your numbers are even more stark,in comparison to the Sprint Pro.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    hmmm...good point. I don't use GSM devices, so I don't know the deets as well. Don't get me wrong: there IS bloatware, but I should qualify: that 37mb is within normal limits for Sprint

But your numbers are even more stark,in comparison to the Sprint Pro.
    Wait, I said that wrong, I was looking at the Storage numbers, Friday afternoon what can I say.

Here are the right numbers:

Total: 101.18 MB
    In use: 40.91 MB
    Free: 60.27 MB

Ok, that is in par with your "In Use" number factoring in the "garbage" I have on mine.

Sorry for the false alarm.
    Last edited by charlyee; 01/23/2009 at 03:16 PM.
    Please Visit My Other Hangout
    Palm Pilot > Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Palm Treo 750 > Palm Treo Pro > BB 9700.
    lol, np...

Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i just got of the phone with account services esculade services retentions whatever you call it department.

first off, they are only going to give me a $100 off discount which is making me want to wait for a good ebay/craigs list deal. second, he siad feb 15th release as well. i didn't think much about it until i saw this thread.

two bad news items in one day. this kindof sucks.
    Cody that is what darnell reported as his first offer from sprint, $100 off even though he was in contract and had no qualifying rebates/discoutns. I think it is different fro me since I made a formal complaint to Sprint in August.

But BBB complaint to Palm has netted all who tried invoice price buyback. what is your invoice price (will be on your sprint bill as well as confirmation email on purchase)?

Again I think this should be limited to people who bought before palm faq, which although bogus and false on several fronts, at least does tell you it aint going to work. (for all I know the successful people using BBB all had july purchases)

I have my personal doubts it will be as far out as feb 15 but I can't say why at this point.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    More proof of February 15th:

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    I ordered mine yesterday and was told it would be delivered by Wednesday of next week?!? So will i not receive it or what??
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    More proof of February 15th:

wow, nice find Urprey! Guess that answers that, lol

wow! that memo is fresh
    there goes my reason, that the manager called me and said they had them on the pallet yesterday

how can it be a flash or any manipulation of the device if they are sitting shink wrapped in boxes on pallets in store?
    800w inventory still is a valid possibility.

that is a best buy memo, not a sprint memo right?
    Last edited by aero; 01/23/2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Look here: http://softwarestore.sprint.com/wap/phones.php

The Treo Pro is listed in the device list already.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    how can it be a flash or any manipulation of the device if they are sitting shink wrapped in boxes on pallets in store?
    800w inventory still is a valid possibility.
    They don't have to reflash. I'm just saying it's a possibility if for some reason the certification finds something. Most likely it'll pass and they'll sell on the 15th.

But, until they get that cert, they have to be prepared to for anything.

Doubt if 43 mb will make this the device I have been waiting for. What is it with Palm and Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    What is it with Palm and Sprint?
    I have the answer. They spend too little time reading this site.

or too much
    My current thought is this is all related to IE6 and Flash support, correct..
    cool thanks.
    It was listed a long time ago and then removed.
    perhaps the point is it was added again now? it is there now.
    If the claims about the Sprint Treo Pro program memory usage and the speculation about the cause are all true, that would mean this would a serious issue for any device that has IE 6 with flash support.

I'm really hoping (for the sake of you who get a Treo Pro) it does not need THAT MUCH memory just for stock programs to function.
    Yup it's there now. No free apps like NFL Mobile Live. Only fee based apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Cody, try signing another 2 yr contract that is only if your plan is unbelieable like mine.

Are you within 7 months, then you get can get $200 discount.
    only 7 months for a new sign up $200 discount?? how???

I am on SERO too...
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If the claims about the Sprint Treo Pro program memory usage and the speculation about the cause are all true, that would mean this would a serious issue for any device that has IE 6 with flash support.
    It will, but newer devices i.e. Touch Diamond, have more RAM (228mb), so they have more "to spare" than a 128mb system.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I'm really hoping (for the sake of you who get a Treo Pro) it does not need THAT MUCH memory just for stock programs to function.
    It's pretty confirmed at this point. Here's like the 4th or 5th...
    Quote Originally Posted by chappy
    It's true Mal, I looked at our advocates phone and after a soft reset he had around 42 mb. I believe it says something like 89 total, I'll check today and confirm when I get to work.