Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 782
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you go to a Sprint store in your area, that has a computer display of available phones, you might see the attached with a "coming soon" mark on it.

    The "Tech specs" page mentions the following.
    • Talk Time, 5 hours
    • Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    • It mentions Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS, that is what it says without any statement of "aGPS" before that statement is made. It indicates nothing but the device fully supports Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS.
    • Internet Explorer 6 with Flash support. It does not say PIE 6.1.
    • Memory: 128 program memory (DDR) and 256MB non-volatile memory (175MB of user store).
    • Wi-Fi
    • Sprint TV

    There are some other things listed, but those are some things that stood out from my viewing of things on the screen. I tried to get a printout, but the printer was not working .

    Anyway, go to your own local Sprint store (a big one) and if they have a touch screen computer display of devices for customers to review, see for yourself.
    Interesting that the listed RAM configuration conflicts with what people are reporting; I hope it is 128MB.
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    It does not say PIE 6.1
    There is no "PIE 6.1".
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    [*]Memory: 128 program memory (DDR) and 256MB non-volatile memory (175MB of user store).
    Which is funny because we know it has 360mb available user store (512mb ROM)--verified a couple of times now.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Interesting that the listed RAM configuration conflicts with what people are reporting; I hope it is 128MB.
    It is 128mb.

    Problem is, after a software boot you only have ~42mb available. That's nearly 30mb less than the GSM Pro and 800w--which is odd since they both have 128mb too.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #223  
    Here is the page about memory.

    I didn't want to include every pic I took, because some did not turn out to be very legible. But the Tech specs page about memory is legible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It is 128mb.

    Problem is, after a software boot you only have ~42mb available. That's nearly 30mb less than the GSM Pro and 800w--which is odd since they both have 128mb too.
    If that's the case, something is definitely wrong. The only question is whether it can be fixed.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you go to a Sprint store in your area, that has a computer display of available phones, you might see the attached with a "coming soon" mark on it.
    Thanks.
  6. #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    There is no "PIE 6.1".
    Only stated because some call the version on the Sprint Treo Pro PIE 6.1. I guess because it has flash support. But as Sprint's display states, it is PIE 6 with flash support.
  7. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #227  
    They should have not made the Pro shiny. Pre is pleasure than shiny is alright.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  8. #228  
    Maybe they are adding more memory before releasing
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  9. #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Only stated because some call the version on the Sprint Treo Pro PIE 6.1. I guess because it has flash support. But as Sprint's display states, it is PIE 6 with flash support.
    I think it's just confusion:
    • WM6.1
    • IE6

    IE6 is the "new" mobile internet explorer with flash

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Maybe they are adding more memory before releasing
    If we about it enough, maybe they will

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Problem is, after a software boot you only have ~42mb available. That's nearly 30mb less than the GSM Pro and 800w--which is odd since they both have 128mb too.
    If true, is it really that odd considering the added features? If you look at polls here it looks like a lot of people have added programs, browsers, workarounds on the 800w several of which seem to be directly addressed on the Pro.

    The hannip led mod is very popular and I would guess that even many of those those who haven't installed it or installed it and removed it due to the slight instabilities or other problems that it may cause, would like it.

    the browser, flash and video may involve setting aside some resources, no?

    I think your point is well taken, but some (how much who kows yet) of it maybe because certain issues have been dealt with without having to add third party programs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    IE6 is the "new" mobile internet explorer with flash
    support for flash and youtube are not small matters, right?
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Maybe they are adding more memory before releasing
    or simply tweak down the usage.

    It also could be a marketing decision related to stock in the 800w but anything is possible.

    Also I know is multiple sources at Sprint told me the 25th in the last 24 hours.

    Of course though I don't believe we saw the brightpoint release on the 21st, we would see some of that here.

    What is that guy on ebay going to do?
    Last edited by aero; 01/23/2009 at 02:25 PM.
  13. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #233  
    We reported at mobilitytoday.com that one of our editors works for Best Buy Mobile, and they got their stock today. It has ~80MB of free RAM after reset. There are a couple of pics of the boxes and phone.

    http://mobilitytoday.com/news/sprint...confirmed.html

    iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  14. #234  
    Re: memory
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    or simply tweak down the usage
    At this point, I don't think it's possible. Here's why: the "In Use" memory report is 37mb. That's how much "stuff" is booting with the phone and that number is exactly normal for WM6.1.

    Note that the "Available" RAM is also about 20mbs lower than a GSM Treo Pro--which means it's not something that is loading with the phone as in "bloatware" but rather something with the OS itself.

    So if you only have 80mbs to work with and you take out 37mb to load--well, you simply don't have much to work with. Had the "In Use" number been abnormally high, that means we can tweak it.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    We reported at mobilitytoday.com that one of our editors works for Best Buy Mobile, and they got their stock today. It has ~80MB of free RAM after reset. There are a couple of pics of the boxes and phone.

    http://mobilitytoday.com/news/sprint...confirmed.html
    Right, but that is "Available" RAM, not "Free" RAM: big difference. There are 3 numbers to report: Available, In Use and Free.

    That 80mb "Available" is still 20mb lower than a GSM Treo/800w--that's the weird part that needs an explanation. GSM Treo Pro has 100.01 mb free, not 80mb.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. #235  
    yes many of us have seen the box and the promotional singles of the phone.

    When you say 80 (80.5), that isn't the issue, it is the free ram that is in question.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Re: memory

    At this point, I don't think it's possible. Here's why: the "In Use" memory report is 37mb. That's how much "stuff" is booting with the phone and that number is exactly normal for WM6.1.

    Note that the "Available" RAM is also about 20mbs lower than a GSM Treo Pro--which means it's not something that is loading with the phone as in "bloatware" but rather something with the OS itself.

    So if you only have 80mbs to work with and you take out 37mb to load--well, you simply don't have much to work with. Had the "In Use" number been abnormally high, that means we can tweak it.
    Do you think it could be some kind of allocated cache for the browser or the OS? I am not an expert on that. I just don't see them cracking it open to add memory.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    If true, is it really that odd considering the added features? .....

    support for flash and youtube are not small matters, right?
    My current thought is this is all related to IE6 and Flash support, correct.

    HTC went with 128mb, because it was fine before. But now the OS has changed and takes another 20+mb of reserved RAM for probably running flash and cache--just a theory though.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18. URPREY's Avatar
    Posts
    166 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Re: memory

    Right, but that is "Available" RAM, not "Free" RAM: big difference. There are 3 numbers to report: Available, In Use and Free.

    That 80mb "Available" is still 20mb lower than a GSM Treo/800w--that's the weird part that needs an explanation. GSM Treo Pro has 100.01 mb free, not 80mb.
    Unfortunately I don't have the unit in my own hands, and the pics he tried to take of the memory screen are too blurry to make out. I wonder how much Sprint bloatware it's running? Weird.

    iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Do you think it could be some kind of allocated cache for the browser or the OS? I am not an expert on that. I just don't see them cracking it open to add memory.
    Yup, actually forum member rc46 thought that exactly, and I agree--or at least it's a very good theory at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have the unit in my own hands, and the pics he tried to take of the memory screen are too blurry to make out. I wonder how much Sprint bloatware it's running? Weird.
    Available: 80.1mb
    In Use: 37mb
    Free: 43mb

    Give or take a mb, that's what it looks like. It doesn't appear to be "bloatware" but IE6...at least that our hunch. Had it been bloatware, that middle number (In Use) would be higher than 37mb--currently, 37mb is pretty average for WM6.1.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. #240  
    i just got of the phone with account services esculade services retentions whatever you call it department.

    first off, they are only going to give me a $100 off discount which is making me want to wait for a good ebay/craigs list deal. second, he siad feb 15th release as well. i didn't think much about it until i saw this thread.

    two bad news items in one day. this kindof sucks.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro

Posting Permissions