Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 782
  1. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #201  
    I am dead meat. Can I run Skype and Agile at the same time?

    Does the Pro has less memory than the Mogul? I did surive the Mogul.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  2. #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I am dead meat. Can I run Skype and Agile at the same time?

    Does the Pro has less memory than the Mogul? I did surive the Mogul.
    lol, you'll probably be fine.

    It has more than the Mogul...(what was that, 23mb?) This has 43mb.

    Just look at your current usage on your 800w. Look under Settings --> Memory. See those numbers for "Program Memory"? Under "Free" subtract about 25mb and that's what the Treo Pro will be like ;-)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. #203  
    mogul had 64 mb of ram. 700wx had 32 mb. i think i can do allright with the treo pro. would have like to see more. but oh well. i just need out of this blackberry and back in to a treo.

    total memory that is.

    again, that's what 30 return policys are all about. use it if you have to. dont get stuck with a device you dont like for 6 months. hehe
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  4. #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    mogul had 64 mb of ram. 700wx had 32 mb.
    Actually, 700w was 32mb; 700wx was 64mb. But what really matters is "Free" program memory (Palm optimized their WM to run on less RAM than HTC; but those tweaks are gone on the Treo Pro)

    I don't think this is a deal killer, it's just...odd and unnecessary?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #205  
    Still at 5 available. Nobody is buying it?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  6. #206  
    I emailed the seller earlier today about the availability and how quickly they would ship. I have yet to hear back from anyone.

    I don't think this seller has the product right now. If you read the statement under the shipping info towards the bottom of the page, it states that your device will be shipped out within two days after your payment clears. That gives them enough time to make this go out next week at the earliest right now.

    Nonetheless, the price is much better for someone like me who will need to purchase at full price if I want this phone.
  7. #207  
    they don't have it right now. it is a spec sale. they probably expect to get them for $430 - $440 and turn them over.

    this is a new device with no feedback and as yet unknown quirks that all devices have, and those quirks maybe bad for your individual usage. I would not buy off of ebay where you can't return until you see intensive user reviews over the first couple of weeks.
  8. #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    they don't have it right now. it is a spec sale. they probably expect to get them for $430 - $440 and turn them over.

    this is a new device with no feedback and as yet unknown quirks that all devices have, and those quirks maybe bad for your individual usage. I would not buy off of ebay where you can't return until you see intensive user reviews over the first couple of weeks.
    and this is the reason i'm not buying from them. i maybe paying full price as well.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  9. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #209  
    Cody, try signing another 2 yr contract that is only if your plan is unbelieable like mine.

    Are you within 7 months, then you get can get $200 discount.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  10. #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Cody, try signing another 2 yr contract that is only if your plan is unbelieable like mine.

    Are you within 7 months, then you get can get $200 discount.
    i bought the curve in may.

    then i got the diamond, returned for the treo 800w, returned for the touch pro in what october. i got the touch pro for $199 with contract extention. i could have returned it and had my upgrade egilibity reset to may, but i sold it for $450 instead. i made $250 off it so i figure if i dont get the discount of my next purchase i really already got it.

    it does look like my egilibity is set for may of 2010 so may of 2009 i would get the $75 off.

    i have bought many devices 6 months between and got the full discount. i just ask and they give it to me. i think i have just been lucky. i'll tell you what i pay for the treo pro on sunday. if i cant get below $500 i will do ebay a few weeks later.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  11. #211  
    I talked to a couple different guys at corporate stores and thats what they told me. Hope its not true, but bummer if it is.
  12. #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I talked to a couple different guys at corporate stores and thats what they told me. Hope its not true, but bummer if it is.
    I can't vouch for the date, but I'm feeling a delay coming on myself...

    In Sprint's "official" response yesterday to all the blogs, they said it had not completed certification on their network. That's kinda a big deal and means they are behind schedule a bit--I'm not sure if they're gonna get it done this weekend (I also don't think they have shipped from the warehouses yet...which makes sense).

    And god forbid they request a change! Then we're talking mass-reflashing, which will be another week or two (like the Touch Pro incident).

    Odd about the Feb 15th date though...that's the rumored date of the Sprint Pre.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  13. #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I can't vouch for the date, but I'm feeling a delay coming on myself...

    In Sprint's "official" response yesterday to all the blogs, they said it had not completed certification on their network. That's kinda a big deal and means they are behind schedule a bit--I'm not sure if they're gonna get it done this weekend (I also don't think they have shipped from the warehouses yet...which makes sense).

    And god forbid they request a change! Then we're talking mass-reflashing, which will be another week or two (like the Touch Pro incident).

    Odd about the Feb 15th date though...that's the rumored date of the Sprint Pre.
    I thought that date was a little odd myself. It makes me think that the Pre release date of the 15th is no where near accurate. Why would Sprint release both of those phones on the same day?
  14. #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    I thought that date was a little odd myself. It makes me think that the Pre release date of the 15th is no where near accurate. Why would Sprint release both of those phones on the same day?
    To be honest: Sprint and Palm doesn't care much about the Treo Pro. The Pre is both their ticket to better sales, plus Pro is business, Pre is pleasure--that latter market is a much bigger deal.

    Just look at the tepid response to the Treo Pro so far...there's like what 5-7 of us who are actively discussing it? It's dead at Sprintusers, PPCGeeks, HoFo, here...no one is really interested in this, so it seems.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 01/23/2009 at 12:36 PM.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. #215  
    I just would have never thought that Palm and Sprint cared that little about this device. I dont know the history of each phone and their development but the way the events have unfolded with the 800w, the Pro, and the Pre would lead me to think that something caused them to get off track of their roadmap. I wouldnt think they would purposely set up a release like this.
  16. Imperator's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

    Odd about the Feb 15th date though...that's the rumored date of the Sprint Pre.

    Really? The Pre is that close? Has anyone found information hinting to the expected release date of the Pre?
  17. #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    Really? The Pre is that close? Has anyone found information hinting to the expected release date of the Pre?
    Make sure you check out our sister site, PreCentral

    "Palm Pre Release Date: As early as Feb 15?!"


    Personally...I don't believe that date.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  18. #218  
    I can confirm the 15th for the Pro. The Pre? no way.
  19. #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    I can confirm the 15th for the Pro. The Pre? no way.
    thx entropism

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. #220  
    If you go to a Sprint store in your area, that has a computer display of available phones, you might see the attached with a "coming soon" mark on it.

    The "Tech specs" page mentions the following.

    • Talk Time, 5 hours
    • Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional Edition
    • It mentions Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS, that is what it says without any statement of "aGPS" before that statement is made. It indicates nothing but the device fully supports Autonomous and Simultaneous GPS.
    • Internet Explorer 6 with Flash support. It does not say PIE 6.1.
    • Memory: 128 program memory (DDR) and 256MB non-volatile memory (175MB of user store).
    • Wi-Fi
    • Sprint TV


    There are some other things listed, but those are some things that stood out from my viewing of things on the screen. I tried to get a printout, but the printer was not working .

    Anyway, go to your own local Sprint store (a big one) and if they have a touch screen computer display of devices for customers to review, see for yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions