Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    any word with retentions doing anything today? anyone?

where did you read this mal? linky please?

Cody
    might have been SU or a PM....

Haven't tried--I'm not that much of a die hard, lol. When I called yesterday, there is/was no acknowledgment of a TP existing.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Ironically, I had the same issue...The reps at the Sprint Corporate Store has one & did confirm the 25th!!!
    I call Sprint TeleSales in some 3rd world countgry that acts as if I am insane & oblivious to what the Treo Pro is, They persistantly tell me I am talking about the Touch PRO, which I already own mind you!!!
    Wow!!!
    So, darn frustrating, really!!!!
    Line reps often don't have any info on what phones are being released, until the day before or even day of the release.

And even if they did, they are instructed to say that they have no information on them.

It's only "frustrating" if you expect them to have knowledge they don't, or to break policies which could get them in trouble.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Thanks for the "101" on this matter....
    Didn't realize it was TOP SECRET Pentagon'esque material here...
    LOL!!!
    Cracks me Up!!!!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So I am hearing a few weeks until stores get them and I am also hearing that 1/25 is legit...

I am happy I like the 800w or I would be screwed huh?

I just want to know if I walk into the Sprint store on 1/25 with my 800w boxed up will I be walking out with a Pro?

I only have until 1/26 to make the return/exhange...

Oh well.
    It has nothing to do with "TOP SECRET Pentagon'esque material."

Some companies (such as Palm, actually) have very strict restrictions on leaks. If Sprint regularly leaks info about those devices, you think Palm is going to keep using them?

Look at the Pre. Palm had an (absolutely brilliant) marketing move planned to dominate CES, which would have only been reduced if the knowledge of the Pre or webOS had been leaked. So there are some very good reasons for keeping the info under wraps.

Additionally, there's the whole thing that Sprint may choose not to carry the Pro, or it could get delayed. If for some reason it got pushed back to say Feb 25th (say due to a lack of stock, a flaw found that needed to be addressed, or any one of dozens of other issues), and they had officially announced it for Jan 25th...well....now they have angry customers on their hands.

If we find out that it's delayed now, what are you going to do? Call Sprint and say "You never promised me that I'd get the Pro on Jan 25th, but I read it on a rumor site, and now I'm mad at you! Gief me free stuff plx!"

By not promising anything Sprint can change their mind and has leeway right up until when they're ready to drop it. That's simply smart business sense.

There's a lot of reasons why reps don't know the information prior to the release. A huge part of that is because they have new stuff come across their desk almost every day, and they only care about what effects them today. They could care less about a phone being released even a week from now. Especially a phone that will likely be used by less than 1% of Sprint's customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by UCFgrad05 View Post
    I only have until 1/26 to make the return/exhange...Oh well.
    Get a back-up phone. Someone you know has to have an old Sprint phone they don't use anymore, or buy a very cheap one off ebay. If the Pro doesn't come out on the 25th, switch your service to the back-up phone and return the 800 for credit. When the Pro comes out, buy it. Unfortunately, like Ebag333 said, it's really not Sprints fault and they are giving you 30 days to return the phone.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Hi UCFgrad, Im Erin, a Sprint-Nextel techsupport rep. Sprint will announce the Treo Pro by Palm on January 25, 2009. The Palm Pre will be available in the first half of 2009. As to why the Pre is more in the news than the Pro, I would guess based on my experiences writing for a newspaper in the 90s, not based on any official Sprint knowledge that is it much more newsworthy and interesting to produce an entirely new operating system and announce the first device to run that new operating system, as is the case with the Palm Pre, than it is to produce a tweak of an established line of devices, as it is with the Treo Pro. Thanks for choosing Sprint-Nextel!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Does "announcing" it on 1/25 make it available on 1/25?
    I'm pretty sure stores will be very hit and miss on the 25th and that following week.

Your best bet is to go to your local Sprint store, slowly explain what you want (they WILL assume you mean Palm Pre or Touch Pro, lol) and give them your # to call you when it comes in. Maybe mention you want a new account (they don't give priority to straight up sales or exchanges).

The Website will be able to take and process orders on the 25th.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I'm pretty sure stores will be very hit and miss on the 25th and that following week.

Your best bet is to go to your local Sprint store, slowly explain what you want (they WILL assume you mean Palm Pre or Touch Pro, lol) and give them your # to call you when it comes in. Maybe mention you want a new account (they don't give priority to straight up sales or exchanges).

The Website will be able to take and process orders on the 25th.

SLOWLY... I love it....
    Treo Pro is now on Sprint's website
    I just ordered from Telesales
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How much did you get for it? You do it with existing contract?
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    link here

hmmmmmm.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    5 available? How do people get it so quick.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    All I know is that's about $150 cheaper than Sprint (at full cost + tax).

But I can't return to him, I suppose, after 30 days at get a full refund ;-)

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got it for $390 tax and shipped from Sprint. I am counting on sell my 800w for at least $100 to knock the price down.

I have never order phone without actually feeling it first. Could it be a big mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I got it for $390 tax and shipped from Sprint. I am counting on sell my 800w for at least $100 to knock the price down.

I have never order phone without actually feeling it first. Could it be a big mistake?
    Great decision. You'll never go back to that old brick with the tiny battery and busted GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Great decision. You'll never go back to that old brick with the tiny battery and busted GPS.
    You don't believe 43mb of available RAM is too little for a Wm6.1 Pro device? Does GPS somehow compensate for that lack of memory?

He might have problems running Skype, Agile and WMWiFi Router plus his other apps all at the same time.

It's good to test things first before deciding their good

Anyways, it's nice to know the Treo Pro has dropped $75 in price before it's been released. It'll drop more when the Pre launches.