1.    #1  
    I have done a brief search but cannot find the answer to my query. I am receiving a replacement Smartphone tomorrow. I don't want to have to copy each contact to my Sim individually and would rather sync my contacts with my PC running Vista. But in the Sync centre, the option to sync contacts is greyed out. I assume this is because I do not have Outlook. I do have Windows Mail, however.

Does anyone know what I can do to sync my contacts without having Outlook? At the very least, am I able to export a vCard to my PC? I have looked and looked but cannot see how to do that.

Thank you

Richard
  2. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostrophes View Post
    I have done a brief search but cannot find the answer to my query. I am receiving a replacement Smartphone tomorrow. I don't want to have to copy each contact to my Sim individually and would rather sync my contacts with my PC running Vista. But in the Sync centre, the option to sync contacts is greyed out. I assume this is because I do not have Outlook. I do have Windows Mail, however.

Does anyone know what I can do to sync my contacts without having Outlook? At the very least, am I able to export a vCard to my PC? I have looked and looked but cannot see how to do that.

Thank you

Richard
    You could try Mozilla Thunderbird + plugins and BirdieSync--Thunderbird and its plugins are free, and BirdieSync gives you a 21-day trial. So it only costs you anything if you decide to keep it.

There's another sync option for Thunderbird, FinchSync; that one's completely free, though it's more work.