Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If someone already have the Treo Pro, can you read the AC Adapter to confirm that the specs are (Input 100 - 240V 50-60Hz)

I travel international extensively and need to make sure that the adapter will work everywhere I go. For all the Treo devices I have ever had, the adapters were all met the above specs - meaning it worked globally.

I assumed the Pro would be the same until I tried to pre-order it on Palm's website - it offered a free Treo Pro International Power Adapter. What does this mean? If ordered it in US, then I would only get a US adapter?

Thank you all in advance...
    The adapter is modular, you can see the details in the unboxing videos.
    So your adapter will be 110-240, 50-60Hz.

Palm offers you extra plugs for the adapter, i guess you will get UK, EU, AU and US plugs as part of this deal.

It's kinda standard on any laptop/phone standard. A different plug is easy enough to fix!
    Got it yesterday and I am pleased. I did not realize that it came with the mini usb travel cable, so I think that is a plus. As others have stated, the charger plug is very small and does not take up a lot of space.

I am using a generic vent mount to support the phone for charging and gps use, and all is working well.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    where did you order it from? i'm not sure if i should go with a generic "ebay" version or a brand-name car charger for $$$!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    where did you order it from? i'm not sure if i should go with a generic "ebay" version or a brand-name car charger for $$$!
    I have no connection to these guys but I picked up two of these car chargers + wall charger which came out to $10 with shipping/tax for me in CA. It's supposedly for the 800w but works just fine on my Pro. Really great price and very good quality:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    Ordered directly from Palm.
    mobilelawyer
    at your service
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    I have no connection to these guys but I picked up two of these car chargers + wall charger which came out to $10 with shipping/tax for me in CA. It's supposedly for the 800w but works just fine on my Pro. Really great price and very good quality:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
    Sorry - to clarify, it was $10 EACH which came with 1 car apapter and 1 wall A/C charger (non-USB).
    Quote Originally Posted by sansnil View Post
    Sorry - to clarify, it was $10 EACH which came with 1 car apapter and 1 wall A/C charger (non-USB).
    just wondering, have you verified when using both chargers that the battery level is actually increasing and not just relying on the charging indicator? reading this thread implies that not all chargers actually work...

thanks!
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    just wondering, have you verified when using both chargers that the battery level is actually increasing and not just relying on the charging indicator? reading this thread implies that not all chargers actually work...

thanks!
    Sure, I don't blame you. All 4 chargers (the 2 wall A/C and 2 car chargers) all really do charge my Pro. I think the not really charging issue is only involved with the USB cable adapters. The ones in this deal are a real wall plugin and cable with micro USB connection, not the USB connection into an A/C adapter. As a side note, they work perfectly with the Palm cradle as well.
    I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Sprint Treo Pro next week. I have almost thrown my Verizon 700p out of the window several times this month alone. I am also fed up with Verizon's lack of concern/aggressiveness with getting new phone models like Sprint does. From what I understand, Sprint's network has evolved to the point that it has almost as good speed and call quality as Verizon's, though Verizon still has the edge. But I digress...

I have looked online at several sites like Seidio and Treocentral's store and I can't find any dedicated battery chargers for the Treo Pro, though I see extra Treo Pro batteries for sale everywhere.

On my 700p, using Chattermail's IMAP IDLE and Bluetooth, I burn through my Seidio extended battery in a day, everyday. I have seen some chargers on eBay from Hong Kong sellers, but I am reluctant to go that route due to warranty concerns.

How are you heavy users recharging your extra batteries?

Thanks!
    How about a cradle that charges and syncs with an AC adapter? That's what I want...
    Kevin, if you go to eBay and type in the search field "treo pro battery charger" you will see several Hong Kong/California based sellers of cradle/chargers. My main concern is that these guys are trying to make a buck and aren't real stores like Seidio and Treocentral, so I fear I won't/can't get support should the product break or not work.
    I missed your point about the AC adaptor. Is that so that the charging is quicker?
    I bought the mobi products cradle/spare battery charger. IMO it takes way too long to charge a spare battery, but it gets it done overnight.

You will be better off keeping a charger in your car and one at your desk and just hit the charger when you get a chance. Battery life is very good relative to any other device I have used and I send tons of emails a day and talk 2-3 hours as well. If I don't hit the charger during the day my phone is done by the end of the work day (9-10 hours max.) but 1 or 2 sporadic hours on the charger works fine.

Also, make sure it is the proper charger that give the right amount of usb power to the device--some don't give enough, but plenty of other posts on that on this site.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I spent a couple of hundred bucks on accessories for the Pro including the purchase of a spare battery. To be honest, I have only used the spare once. I have a car charger, notebook charger, regular charger and palm pro cradle charger. The phone is always near a charger at all times. I will say that the Pro charges quickly when you place it on the regular charger as opposed to the other charging options.
    Pure, for the record, Sprint uses the same towers as Verizon, our data network is faster, and the call quality is pretty damn good itself, equal to verizon, for sure. Plus, you know... Sprint doesn't cripple their PDAs

That being said, any microUSB charger will work, just don't get a cheap knockoff, I've seen them melt batteries like crazy. I know this forum's store has a motorola car charger for like $15, as well as cradles that will charge extra batteries.
    I use my moto q9h chargers (wall and car).

There's a couple threads on cradles too.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropism View Post
    Pure, for the record, Sprint uses the same towers as Verizon, our data network is faster, and the call quality is pretty damn good itself, equal to verizon, for sure. Plus, you know... Sprint doesn't cripple their PDAs

I take exception to your statement that Sprint doesn't cripple their PDAs. I am using a 755p right now, and have used the 700wx and 800w. ALL of them have MMS disabled on them. I am not able to send pictures using this service (even though I have an unlimited text/data plan). For the 755p and 800w, I have to use the Sprint Picture Mail program that, while it is a free download, it does not deliver an MMS message to the recipent, they must go to the Internet to get it. That application doesn't even work on the 700wx. I have contacted customer support, and been told that this feature is not available on those models due to hardware limitations. Yet Verizon's 700wx does support MMS messaging. I can't speak for their 755p. I understand that the Treo Pro does have this function, and is the main reason I will be using it. If it doesn't have that feature, I will drop Sprint in a heartbeat, and go to another carrier, even if it means losing my SERO program.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    I like that cylindrical-shaped AC adapter w/foldout plugs that comes with the TP. It looks like its' small enough to only take up one outlet instead of the usual 2-3. Also, being modular, you can use use a retractable USB cable which saves having to carry separate cables for sync and charging.

Shame Palm doesn't give you the opportunity to purchase additional ones.
    So, hardly anyone uses an external battery and charger with the Pro?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast