Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Palandri,

Which stock Pro charger from Palm? The one for the 800w or Pro?

Link would be great.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    800w and Pro chargers are the same
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Has anyone try this Palm USB charger?

Palm Vehicle Power Charger - Palm Accessories

Its from the mothership, so it must be 100% working and it cost 2x.

I am sick and tired of buying more USB car chargers that doesnt charge my Pro while I have GPS apps running on it.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Has anyone try this Palm USB charger?

Palm Vehicle Power Charger - Palm Accessories

Its from the mothership, so it must be 100% working and it cost 2x.

I am sick and tired of buying more USB car chargers that doesnt charge my Pro while I have GPS apps running on it.
    That's the one I am using

Are you ever going to finish that sandwich chong?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's the one I am using

Are you ever going to finish that sandwich chong?
    Have you done this test?

Lets say your phone is 50% charged.

Run a GPS software and put your screen contrast at 50%.

Does this 2x cost Palm keep on charging?

I'll finish my monster beefcake burger once I get a good reliable USB car charger.
    Like I said, it charges mine while I am using TeleNav, and my screen stay at 100% brightness while I am using TeleNav. The light is always red on my Pro when I first plug it in, later it will turn to green telling me my phone must be 100% charged. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it take an hour and a half. I suppose it depends on what my current battery life is at.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    So it does work. Thats why it cost $20 or more? I think one day I will learn you get what you pay for.

OK, I been in contact with Gomadic. I complaint to them that their proclaimed 1 AMP USB Car charger does not work.

They ask me what USB cable I am using. I told them Palm original. They are sending me their own speciality USB cable? I thought a cable is a cable.

Stay tune.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Gomadic just me another email and it says this below and I have no idea what they are talking about.

You get it?

====

Actually, it's just another USB car adapter. The difference is that the one we sent has the data lines looped which will put your device in charge mode. You'll see when it arrives!

Sincerely,
    Gomadic
    Have you done this test?
    Lets say your phone is 50% charged.
    Run a GPS software and put your screen contrast at 50%.
    Does this 2x cost Palm keep on charging?
    The car charger I linked on ebay for the Razr 2 will charge from 50% to 100% in less than an hour while running GPS and bluetooth
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Aero,

I have taken note. I'll check it out your Razr 2 if this Gomadic thing doesnt work.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got the replacement USB charger from Gomadic yesterday and try it today and I had my TomTom7 running.

Guess what? It works! It charges even when I had TT7 running ! Its the same USB charger. I dont know what they did when they sent me another one.
    I can confirm that the BoxWave VersaCharger and their mini-sync do work as they are supposed to
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I got the replacement USB charger from Gomadic yesterday and try it today and I had my TomTom7 running.

Guess what? It works! It charges even when I had TT7 running ! Its the same USB charger. I dont know what they did when they sent me another one.
    Good news Chong! with the exception of wifi which seems to pull up to (450 ma depending on settings) I cannot get my pro to draw over 400 ma with phone, gps, bluetooth all running at once, so I think once you are over 700 ma you will get a charge and with 1000 ma it will be a good charge.

if you hare having success with the gomatic as I had with the razr2 I linked that means you have 700 or more ma and proper pinouts with data shorts to allow over 500 ma.
    Is there an easy way to find out how much a charger is putting out? I got a car charger from a friend of mine and nowhere on it does it have the power specs, so I don't know how much it's putting out. It has a sticker on the side that says Moto v8x/v9x if i remember right.
    Jaggry , sadly moto accessories are one of the most counterfeited items there are.

What model moto is it and at least we can get an idea of what it should be?

Also usb micro, depending on pinout match can get limited to 500 ma even if a higher capacity charger (even can get limited to 100ma)
    It's not a Moto-branded one... it's like a generic one from a mall kiosk.
    I got the OEM Sprint car charger for $5.49 free shipping. Too tempting to pass up. Hope there aren't any problems, the seller has high ratings.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I had a car charger that worked fine with my 800w, but doesn't seem to be working well with my Pro.
    The regular wall charger from the 800w works fine.
    I think the charger is some generic brand, so that could be the problem.
    Were there any changes in the charging architecture from the 800w to the Pro, or is my charger probably just bad?
    Ah Crud!

I must of left my moto car charger that was working great for my Pro down in cal in the rental car.

I'm thinking of getting this one:
    http://store.treocentral.com/motorol.../5A47A3044.htm
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Ah Crud!

I must of left my moto car charger that was working great for my Pro down in cal in the rental car.

I'm thinking of getting this one:
    http://store.treocentral.com/motorol.../5A47A3044.htm
    that is a spn5400 which should give you 1000 ma and allow you to run everything on the phone and charge.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234