Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Anyone can recommend a good USB car charger for the Pro?

It must have a USB interface for future proof.

I know Palm sells one and I am sure that will work. It is $20 plus shipping.

How about other brands?

You know it is very hard to find a 1 AMP output car charger? Some say that number but its not true.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    I think there's already a thread on this.
    Take a look at the "Recommended Threads" Sticky, I think there's a link in there.

<<merged>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/15/2009 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Noted Merge
    Bought a Sprint branded one on eBay for cheap.
    A Motorola-branded microUSB car charger would work fine as well.
    GSM Treo Pro <-Moto Q9h <- Moto KRZR K1 <- Moto RAZR <- Moto V620 <- Moto V505
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes I have look at that thread.

Thanks

I got myself a Seido car charger and it died. I think that one work it say high amp.

I order another brand which say also got 1 AMP for the car and this one has a USB port. I'll see when it comes.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    That's what I have.
    Left over from my q9h.
    Intended for a razor is ok, but even those intended for razer vary in amperage output (and micro vs mini)
    I took a chance on this charger since a lot of motos on ebay are fakes. it turned out to be 1000 ma. which is good
    OEM Motorola RAPID Micro USB Car Charger 4 RAZR2 V8 V9 - eBay (item 370184663821)
    Last edited by aero; 04/17/2009 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Intended for a razor is ok, but even those intended for razer vary in amperage output (and micro vs mini)
    I took a chance on this charger since a lot of motos on ebay are fakes. it turned out to be 1000 ma. which is good
    OEM Motorola RAPID Micro USB Car Charger 4 RAZR2 V8 V9 - eBay (item 370184663821 end time Apr-09-09 17:27:38 PDT)
    The RAZRs (including the 3g V3xx) were all mini-USB. Any genuine OEM Moto microUSB car adapter will work fine with the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Yes I have look at that thread.

Thanks

I got myself a Seido car charger and it died. I think that one work it say high amp.

I order another brand which say also got 1 AMP for the car and this one has a USB port. I'll see when it comes.
    The Wallmart Durabrand charger that I used w/my 800w also worked fine with my Pro and that is $10 I think.

Bigmots
    The RAZRs (including the 3g V3xx) were all mini-USB. Any genuine OEM Moto microUSB car adapter will work fine with the Treo Pro.
    No there are tens of millions of micro USB Razrs (all those V8, V9, V9m) and hence the chargers!
    No there are tens of millions of micro USB Razrs (all those V8, V9, V9m) and hence the chargers!
    The microUSB phones were RAZR2's.....not RAZR's, or Razers, or Razors.
    The microUSB phones were RAZR2's.....not RAZR's, or Razers, or Razors.
    Razr V9 no less a razr. The point is there are millions and millions of Razrs (v8, V9) using micro usb -- and full 1200 ma vehicle chargers for them.
    Razr V9 no less a razr. The point is there are millions and millions of Razrs (v8, V9) using micro usb -- and full 1200 ma vehicle chargers for them.
    The V8 and V9 were RAZR2 phones and were micro USB - the RAZR2 was a completely different design and in the case of the V8, had a different Linux-based OS.

The RAZR and V3xx (3G version) shared the same design and were mini USB.

You may lump them all together but they aren't the same design or device.
    You may lump them all together but they aren't the same design or device.
    Motorola and I may lump them together but I am not saying they are the same device. What I am saying is that motorrola and sellers call the micro usb chargers micro sub razr chargers as opposed to mini usb razr chargers.

Ok, I am answering the thread title with a link to a specific charger which I determined is genuine Motorola, usb micro and a very healthy 1200 ma and very reasonably priced.

I am not engaged in a debate as to motorola Razr, Razr 2 etc except to give the specific Razr models -- V8 and v9 -- which use micro usb -- the salient point on a treo pro charger thread.

Wrong as "moto branded" are as low as 350 ma. You want to make sure the model you are getting is one that is +700 ma. These handsets can draw as much as 500 ma.
    Last edited by aero; 04/17/2009 at 08:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Can you all please read this tread also please?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...culprit-4.html
    I see the motorola car charger that treo central store is selling...there are some on ebay for about $9 shipped....are these reliable? Anyone have a seller that they have purchased these from?
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Yes, one of them I saw also said outright claim that these are OEM Motorola charger.

These rapid charger seem to be bigger and got this round glass thing that glow when you plug in.

Here is the difference. I want a USB car charger that can charge while running intensive application. I do not want to charge when the phone is off. So far I have not found one.
    There are way too many to choose from on ebay!!! Should I take a chance on one or just get it from treo central store?

Original OEM Car Charger PALM TREO 800 W 800W 850 PRO - eBay (item 250403372561 end time May-07-09 14:36:31 PDT)

SPN5400 Motorola Car Charger for H710 H800 RAZR2 V8 V9 - eBay (item 370178677020 end time Apr-23-09 18:50:09 PDT)

Has anyone purchased a good one on ebay and can recommend a seller to buy from?

Thanks
    Treo 700p, Palm Centro, Treo 700p (again), Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Yes, one of them I saw also said outright claim that these are OEM Motorola charger.

These rapid charger seem to be bigger and got this round glass thing that glow when you plug in.

Here is the difference. I want a USB car charger that can charge while running intensive application. I do not want to charge when the phone is off. So far I have not found one.
    I use the stock Treo Pro car charger from Palm. I use TeleNav when driving and when I first plug it in the light on my Pro is red, but it changes to green after a while so I know it's charging.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I saw it.

But can any of these USB car charger charge your Pro *WHILE* you are running a application like GPS?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast