1.    #1  
    Hi, buddy, I got a link for learning program for Palm device, treo pro is launched now, enjoy it!

http://learning.palm.com/splg/treopro/

Quote Originally Posted by voizn View Post
    Hi, buddy, I got a link for learning program for Palm device, treo pro is launched now, enjoy it!

http://learning.palm.com/splg/treopro/
    Thanks for the guide link. I was so getting excited to play with the interface of treo pro, and now I am satisfied a little seeing the guide. Ofcourse, now I cant wait to hold it in my hand.
    But here are few things that I saw different from treo 750 after seeing this guide. Ofcourse, these things may not be like I think they are once treo pro is actually released.

-The softkeys on home screen are 'contacts' and 'internet' now. I rather would love a 'menu' softkey with shortcuts to these, than having them as dedicated softkeys. Since we can access contacts and internet from todays screen, why waste a softkey linking to it.
    -Speed dial is little bit complicated again. Seems like now we must have the desired number saved to contact list first before adding it to speed dial.
    -I liked the way treo 750 would open a last 10 dialed list upon pressing green key. Treo pro seems to do that too, but not last 10 dialed numbers.
    -During an incoming call, there seem be to no option now to ignore with a text message.
    -The SMS app of treo 750 shows more real estate on screen and looks better to use compared to treo pro.

But nothing here is something that cant be get used to. I really loved the treo pro interface, and cant wait to get one of these now.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Kind of silly, but they start off by teaching you that you can plug your Treo Pro into your computer and the link will be automatically established (and it'll pop up some web page that you can download ActiveSync.)

The funny thing is they show a XP desktop but if you look at the warning - it says that XP *requires* Activesync before you plug it in...??

Is it that hard to get a Vista screenshot?

I'm further along now in the demo and they even give XP and Vista instructions. They should have just asked the user which OS they're running first and then go down that specific OS path.

This will likely confuse beginners.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnick6 View Post
    Kind of silly, but they start off by teaching you that you can plug your Treo Pro into your computer and the link will be automatically established (and it'll pop up some web page that you can download ActiveSync.)

The funny thing is they show a XP desktop but if you look at the warning - it says that XP *requires* Activesync before you plug it in...??

Is it that hard to get a Vista screenshot?

I'm further along now in the demo and they even give XP and Vista instructions. They should have just asked the user which OS they're running first and then go down that specific OS path.

This will likely confuse beginners.

Nevertheless, it would be much easier to find the way if we got the pro on hand, so, question: do you want to order it now or wait for a period, after some pro user posting some feedback or comments?