1.    #1  
    Can someone tell me what the default app launch is for the Op + start button combination?

I think I remapped mine to launch the camera but for some reason, it keeps losing the shortcut link. I'll get an error message saying "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename."

I'll go into the button remapping screen and it shows that it's set up for the camera. The only way I can get it working again is to set it for something else, hit OK, and then reset it back to camera.

It will work for awhile and then I'll get the error message again. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why it's doing it. It's driving me nuts so I think I'll just set it back to the default app.

Edit: Never mind, after I RTFM, it shows that Op + Start is the shortcut for the camera. Anyone have problems getting the error message like I've been getting? I think it started happening after I installed AE Button Plus and then removed it. Not sure though but it is annoying.
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/09/2008 at 09:36 PM.
    Have you moved the items around in your Start Menu? For some reason, the camera.lnk shortcut must be in the \windows\start menu\programs directory in order to work as a app launch shortcut.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhodgins View Post
    Have you moved the items around in your Start Menu? For some reason, the camera.lnk shortcut must be in the \windows\start menu\programs directory in order to work as a app launch shortcut.
    I didn't move the shortcut but what I did was went into the start/settings/menus list and checked the box next to "Camera" so it would appear in the start menu.

I thought about that last night and unchecked the box, so I should know sometime in the next few days if that made any difference. I'm trying to avoid a hard reset at this point. I have Sprite backups made but who knows if one of the backups would re-introduce the problem once I restored?

We'll see how it goes, thanks for the reply.
    Whew! Talk about good timing. I was all set to post that my IE shortcut (Option green button) was hosed, but returning it to the start menu put it right back. Seems a shame it has to be in both places.

Thanks!