Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Greetings all,

I am long time Treo owner ...and I currently have the TREO 700wx....

I am looking to upgrade to the Pro....

It seems to have everything that I felt was lacking with my current treo...

Firstly, why doesn't Palm do anything innovative or first....they always seem to be playing catch up with their memory , speed, and overall design

Here is my major question that maybe someone can answer for me .....

Why do / did they (Palm) refuse to put the headphone / earbud jack on the top ? ....

This makes no sense for use.....if its in my pocket, on in a cradle . the jack is now MIA , stuck on the bottom of the phone.....

I was seriously thinking of jumping to BB , just to have the ability to use a 8mb SD card., and use my phone for music and email that is simple....

hopefully the pro catches Palm up to speed ....

I really don't want to switch because I love the modemn use for my laptop

Funny how I am still waiting for Flash / WM6 / and 8mb SD access (thank god for Skyfire and the new WM6 thread) when the treo is suppossed to be the most similiar to a CPU, easily upgradable, and more hi-tech that just some phone(dare you juss call it a phone)....

So I am going to wait and see but until then ., could someone please sell me on staying with Palm (hope the Pro is the answer)

and answer my headphone jack question....

Greetings and Thank yous for New Jersey ( I know what a way to make a first post)

richtree aka frustrated treo owner (today)lol
    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Firstly, why doesn't Palm do anything innovative or first
    They did do something innovative and first... they invented the PDA phone. They just fell behind in recent years.

[B]Why do / did they (Palm) refuse to put the headphone / earbud jack on the top ? ....
    i like it better on the bottom honestly

I really don't want to switch because I love the modemn use for my laptop
    You can use the Treo Pro as a modem.
    -tgwaste
    I intend to use a sleeve with the pro.
    Common sense dictates head first inside.. so headphone down is a very good design decision!
    Many users besides me too on this issue imho.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    thanks for answering....

tg waste I know it can be used as a modem thats why I said it was a positive

I guess, the improvement to 32gb card capability and the headphone jack isn't really scaring me....

bottom line is blackberry seems to have the easy of use thing down to a science....

and treo is stilll polishing (phone after phone)
    There are still some reason to go Treo over BB (granted I hate Palm with a passion now).

-Touch screen (big deal for some, not so much for others). This may change soon though.
    -Certain apps
    -Form factor between the two is quite different
    -BB data plan is more expensive (unless you're on the Sprint SE plans or something like that).
  6. jgk
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    There are still some reason to go Treo over BB (granted I hate Palm with a passion now).

-Touch screen (big deal for some, not so much for others). This may change soon though.
    -Certain apps
    -Form factor between the two is quite different
    -BB data plan is more expensive (unless you're on the Sprint SE plans or something like that).
    Can I also add that (as far as I know - I may be wrong!) the fact that with a BB you must have push e-mail.

I want to get my e-mail when I want it and when I'm ready for it, and when I'm not travelling I have a PC on the desk doing that for me, so that's another reason to reject a Blackberry - for me, at least!
    I think the only way would be if you use the 3rd party email apps, like GMail mobile for example.
  8. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Greetings all,

I am long time Treo owner ...and I currently have the TREO 700wx....

I am looking to upgrade to the Pro....

It seems to have everything that I felt was lacking with my current treo...
    At the risk of stating the obvious, you will have to switch carriers, since the wx is CDMA and the Pro is GSM. So your options are T-Mobile (with no 3G, since they use a different frequency for it than anyone else worldwide) or AT&T (which works fine and people are still scratching their heads over when/whether AT&T will pick this phone up).

Why do / did they (Palm) refuse to put the headphone / earbud jack on the top ? ....

This makes no sense for use.....if its in my pocket, on in a cradle . the jack is now MIA , stuck on the bottom of the phone.....
    Remember, Treos (since the 600) have always had the headphone/headset jack on the lower edge. While it's moved around on Palm's PDAs and normally stayed at or near the top, Palm hasn't felt it a priority to put it there on the Treo line.
    Last edited by Q; 09/11/2008 at 05:35 PM.
    I'd prefer the headphone jack to be on top b/c many's the time I've wanted to prop the Treo up, while headphones were attached. That's much harder to do with something sticking out of the bottom.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.