Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright folks, looks like we're finally getting our hands on this much-anticipated new Treo.

This will be the first unsubsidized phone I will have ever bought, but I will but it!

As always, and to have more fun with my gadgets, I have to have a deal.

Currently, Amazon has a whopping 4% off and free shipping, but so does Palm, and it offers a free adapter.

Let's look for, and share any and all e-coupons that could be applied, and post our success stories, or lack thereof.

Let's begin...
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

MCO
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=23676
    $524 WITH overnight shipping.
    -tgwaste
  3.    #3  
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

4.    #4  
    Just found an upgrade program on Palm's site. Treo 750's would get us a 20% towards a newer model, so that would be $550-$110=$440. Hmm...May not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    so that would be $550-$110=$440. Hmm...May not be worth it.
    Hmmmm.. sounds good. I didnt understand why would it not be worth it. I dont know abt others, but I know if I sell my treo 750 I may be hardly be able to fetch $100. So probably palm's upgrade offer is absolutely worth it for ppl who dont have their 750 in not-so-good shape. But then again, I would rather buy treo pro for $499 and save my old buddy treo 750, than give it to palm. but thats me.
    Cingular Treo 750||ATT WM6 ROM||AT&T Blue SIM||1GB SanDisk Card||
    CrunchDude,
    can you show us the URL for the Treo 750 to Treo Pro offer? I am interested and could not find it on Palm's website. Thanks...
    Even if your 750 is scratched up a little u should still be able to get at least 160 bucks for it on ebay. Even 750's in horrible condition with only the phone and charger are going for 130 bare minimum. http://cgi.ebay.com/PALM-TREO-750-UN...QQcmdZViewItem

The average price right now for a used 750 is 200 bucks http://search.ebay.com/treo-750_Cell...csZ2QQsbrsrtZd
    I used my $190 of buy.com rewards points to pre-order mine at buy.com. Plus I'll get 3 or 5% back on what I did have to pay.
    Last edited by convbcuda; 09/10/2008 at 09:37 AM.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Looks like MCO raised their price to $549.00
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    Looks like MCO raised their price to $549.00
    Yes, but they will honor all pre-order prices.
    yep.. they just sent me an email saying that very thing.. thats awesome!
    -tgwaste
    ------------------------------------
    To: "Customer Service" <customerservice@mobilecityonline.com>
    Subject: Re: MobileCityOnline.com order confirmation - XXXXXX

you guys have any idea when those will start shipping?

------------------------------------
    From: Customer Service <customerservice@mobilecityonline.com>

Hello
    I do apologize there is no ETA on this item at this time you will be notified before the item is made available to the public

Thank You,

hehe.. i had to try
    -tgwaste
  13.    #13  
    My Treo 750 is one the first ones that came out. Cingular-branded, and very scratched up. The screen is PERFECT, though.

I agree with jamespaulritter, though, I think a decent 750 would make me more than $110, but then there are ebay fees, probably Paypal fees, etc., and in my case, I think $110 would be a good deal!

Plus, I don't need it as a backup phone, as I'm getting the Blackberry Bold as well.

I'll try to look for the link right now and post back ASAP. I already filled out the online form, and it said "Message successfully sent". I should've bookmarked it. ARGH! Alright, Imma go look.

14.    #14  
    Just found the release date: 9/23/08!!
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 09/10/2008 at 07:08 PM. Reason: I apologize for throwing everyone off with a typo. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

98? damn.. slow shipping.
    -tgwaste
  16.    #16  
    Breaking news: Amazon reduced it to $521.99, which is not 5% instead of 4%. Details at 11!

Also, what about salex tax? Palm charges sales tax in every state, right? What about Amazon, and some of the other sites?? And again, what about codes, coupons, other sites??

As for the int'l adapter. Even though I travel internationally several times a year, I always charge my PDA's, Bluetooth headset, etc. via USB. I doubt I'd use it. What say you, guys?

I order from Amazon all the time.
    I live in Oregon and never get charges Sales Tax.
    Same with Ebay, or anyone else.
  18.    #18  
    Well, of course not. You live in one of the states that has 0% sales tax. Delaware, New Hampshire, Alaska are the three others.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    ...clip...
    Palm charges sales tax in every state, right?
    What about Amazon?
    I thought I was answering your question as to whether amazon charges sales tax in every state.
    Just call me Berd.
  20.    #20  
    My bad...Thx dude!

So...ordering from Amazon, I'll definitely get an untouched one right? I've seen a lot of people complain about getting cell service through amazon, but since this is brand spanking new...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast