Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Anybody else notice how uneventful this treo release has been? I remember the days of the treo 650 release. The posts got into the hundreds.
    I didn't get an email from Palm but a couple of our writers let me know, plus one of our readers. I pre-ordered mine yesterday! I hope they're shipping them soon!
    Oh yes, they will. It will be available starting 9/23/08. Good job.

Did Palm charge you sales tax, if I may ask?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

I cancelled my order from Palm and ordered through Amazon. The main reason was because I had around $200 of GC from my credit card rewards that I redeemed but hadn't used yet. I paid about $360 with overnight shipping It might not get to me as fast, but for about $200 less, I can live with getting it a week or 2 later
  5. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    It will be available starting 9/23/08.
    Can you elaborate how you found that out?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome View Post
    Anybody else notice how uneventful this treo release has been? I remember the days of the treo 650 release. The posts got into the hundreds.
    Yea, it's definitely different around here.
    Maybe were just tired of getting our hopes up.
    Just call me Berd.
    @ gadgetluva

Are you planning on changing your avatar to include the pro?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    @ gadgetluva

Are you planning on changing your avatar to include the pro?
    My avatar is outdated - I've had the Tilt (which I sold), and currently have the iPhone 3G, BB Curve 8300, BJII, and Treo 750 still. I do need to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Can you elaborate how you found that out?
    Why, certainly...Click the date: 9/23/08!!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I cancelled my order from Palm and ordered through Amazon. The main reason was because I had around $200 of GC from my credit card rewards that I redeemed but hadn't used yet. I paid about $360 with overnight shipping It might not get to me as fast, but for about $200 less, I can live with getting it a week or 2 later
    Well, Palm won't start shipping for almost 2 weeks, so with 2-3 weeks, you're not losing much in shipping time! Good job!

Did Amazon charge you sales tax? There's a small list of states where Palm charges sales tax, and I'm in one of them.

Does Amazon charge for CA? I ordered through them a few times, and I don't remember if they did or not. I'll have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Well, Palm won't start shipping for almost 2 weeks, so with 2-3 weeks, you're not losing much in shipping time! Good job!

Did Amazon charge you sales tax? There's a small list of states where Palm charges sales tax, and I'm in one of them.

Does Amazon charge for CA? I ordered through them a few times, and I don't remember if they did or not. I'll have to check.
    No sales tax in IL. It's only in states that have a brick and mortar retail store where they charge sales tax, and amazon doesn't in any state I don't believe. Although CA is always different somehow...
    HAH...I checked on an older order, and there is NO sales tax for California. That's before Gov. Schwarzenegger came to Sacramento, though. That would save me almost 50 bucks...

Alright folks...here's the list of states where sales tax WILL be charged

California is not one of them. ...So it's Amazon for me.

Hope this helps some of you.

Today my status on the Palm site says "Special Order: Awaiting inventory

Any one else?
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    why MCO is 50bucks cheaper?? anyone can help?
    They are not cheaper any more, just checked their site - $549
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosome View Post
    I wonder if you will see a bigger "bounce" when (if?) the Nova phone is released. There are plenty of other WM phones coming out around now. Just a matter of how many folks are still interested in a Palm OS device. I would have been way more excited, and would have pre-ordered, to get a Treo Pro with all the same features, but a dedicated Palm OS that would run all my existing Palm apps, the way the Treo 600 did. (Think of how much better the world would have been for Palm the past couple of years with multi-radio multi-tasking GSM Garnet OS...)
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
  17. kmg
    Palm must have read first my post. :-)

My Treo Pro FINALLY has a status of 'shipped.' It happened this evening - so I figured it hasn't left their warehouse yet and I called the Palm Store and they confirmed. So after paying for overnight shipping, the stupid weekend is here and now I have to wait until Monday to get it!

Best wishes to others! I ordered mine on 9/24, BTW.
    kmg
    blah... ive heard nothing from MCO. guess that teaches me not to order from them and to go straight to palm instead
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste View Post
    blah... ive heard nothing from MCO. guess that teaches me not to order from them and to go straight to palm instead
    I would assume that Palm is shipping to most preorders tomorrow, which means that re-sellers such as MCO and Amazon will get stock on Monday, process them, and ship them out by the end of the week. For $200 less, I can wait a week or two
  20. kmg
    My Treo Pro came today!
    kmg
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast