1.    #1  
    Hi, can anyone point me to where I can locate a Mico USB splitter for the 800W? HTC has one for the mini usb:
    http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/...i_usb_splitter

It great for charging and watching a movie with your headphones.

Bill
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....ductId=3195165

got this one.....

only one issue is when charging and watching sprint tv... the phone gets hot after a while.... also you have to press the ecenter key to keep watching
    If you search around, you'll probably be able to find a 20% off code for use at the Palm.com store .
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    If you search around, you'll probably be able to find a 20% off code for use at the Palm.com store .
    Thanks, Darnell. Found one and it worked like a charm.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Thanks, Darnell. Found one and it worked like a charm.
    post the code if you have it. havent you heard about the trickle down theory bro....?
    I cant remember what PDA's/PPC/Smartphone/Windows Mobile devices that i have had in the past. But simply put, i got the Palm M100 many years ago and was hooked. Since then, i have been upgrading in search for the latest and greatest device. and yes still searching
    The last time I checked the code PLMREG was still good for 20% off.
    A good coupon code site is retailmenot.com.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwejason View Post
    The last time I checked the code PLMREG was still good for 20% off.
    A good coupon code site is retailmenot.com.
    Yep. That's the one. Sorry. (By the way, I found it in about 5 seconds using Google.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    I got my coupon code via a survey Palm.com asked me to do for them. But I noticed other codes were out there, which is why I brought it up. But given I don't know what the purpose of some codes are (some codes are supposed to be for certain people only), I left it to each individual to find the code that they should use. (And it's not like they are hard to find for anyone who wants one.) Because the code I got from Palm.com was for survey takers, but that code was not for the general public.

In this tech age, if you're not searching for a coupon before you buy online, you've probably spent a good bit of money you probably could have saved.
    Whenever I buy anything online, I always check for coupon codes. There are so many free shipping or percentage discount codes out there for various online stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Whenever I buy anything online, I always check for coupon codes. There are so many free shipping or percentage discount codes out there for various online stores.
    Even if I forget to check, when I'm checking out and see that "coupon code" field it's my personal reminder to start searching for one .
    I found it at colamco product number is 786143
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I bought the one from the Palm store but have already sent it back. I plugged the mono 2.5 adaptor into one and the Walmart car charger into the other port and it did two things. Neither good. First it constantly connected then disconnected and second there way a really loud feedback style buzz all the time.

ymmv
    I bought the one from the Palm store but have already sent it back. I plugged the mono 2.5 adaptor into one and the Walmart car charger into the other port and it did two things. Neither good. First it constantly connected then disconnected and second there way a really loud feedback style buzz all the time.

ymmv
    Their splitter must not like their own 2.5 adapter.
    I was disappointed but will live without it. 2.5 mono adapter is much more important to me.
    I was disappointed but will live without it. 2.5 mono adapter is much more important to me.
    Are you using the mono adapter for a headset or headphones? I've considered using the 2.5mm adapter with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can use my noise canceling headphones, but I'm not sure how well that would work. I suspect they might only get audio on one side of the headphones.
    I use Kinoma Play to stream podcasts through the 800w to my car so I can hear them when driving around.

Palm has a micro usb to 2.5 cable. I plug a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter into that and then run a cord into the AUX jack in my car. Works great for the most part. Sometimes the Treo has issues causing the car speakers make a really loud pop and then the phone goes into a deep sleep, but usually it is a pleasant experience.