View Poll Results: If there was a 3.5mm headphone adapter for the Treo 800w would you buy it?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

62 84.93%
  • No

11 15.07%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbharold View Post
    For me air travel is the issue. I'm happy with BT the rest of the time, but I expect the airlines would frown on wireless headphones. Plus, those are the times I'd rather use my non-BT noise canceling headphones. I'd definitely buy an adapter, but I'll probably do the mod if nothing shows up before my next trip.
    Air travel is a concern for me as well. Which is why I would like it to work with my noise canceling headphones too and really once you get a good set of those, none of the others seem quite the same, even when not on a plane . I like the noise canceling headphones to even cancel out the noise from fans on my PC.

I don't think the airlines will go crazy if they see someone with a headphone that has no wires, but I'm seriously considering the BT 3030. It's BT, but has a 3.5mm jack. So on a plane I'd have the wire for headphones going into that, which certainly would not raise any eyebrows. Most people will probably think the BT 3030 is a music player .
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    is your aux a 3.5 four pole female? If so it is going to be wired one of two ways?
    if a 3 pole 3.5 then it is going to be wired one way.

I am confused by your mentioning fm transmitter (moto t505). Do you or do you not have hard wired aux? This is really a different question and has nothing to do with palms engineering of their audio out.
    The AUX jack in my Element is a 3.5 inch standard 2 circuit stereo jack. Up until now, I was able to route the audio from my Palm device (650>700p>755p) to this audio jack. Now, with the 800w, that isn't possible unless I make my own adapter (which I probably will).

The Motorola T505 was a bluetooth alternative to routing music, etc. to my stereo from the 800w since I cannot yet do it with a cable. However it didn't work well since there was considerable noise in the FM signal (not full quieting). I guess the FM antenna at the rear of the car is just too far away from the T505.

I did buy a Jabra 3030 which does work pretty well, but doesn't have enough output. When I use the Boostaroo amp along with the 3030, it works pretty well, but DAMMIT, I shouldn't have to do all of this CRAP!!!!!! There should be a simple audio adapter available and it should have been either included with the 800w or it should have been immediately available upon release of the 800w. I'd love to know what ***** designed the audio out jack out of the 800w and decided to not make an adapter available. Instead, the MORONS at palm make a MONO adapter available.

I gotta say, I'm very interested in the HTC Touch Pro. This lack of an audio adapter is one compelling reason to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    The AUX jack in my Element is a 3.5 inch standard 2 circuit stereo jack. Up until now, I was able to route the audio from my Palm device (650>700p>755p) to this audio jack. Now, with the 800w, that isn't possible unless I make my own adapter (which I probably will).
    Funny, I'm in the exact same boat, err car. I have a 07 Honda Element EX and have been listening to the built-in XM and my iPod through the AUX port, but what I'd really like to do is dump XM's monthly subscription in favor of streaming radio. I'm mostly interested in getting Trance streamed, as any city worth its population will have a rock station on FM. Then there's chiptune and demoscene radio that you can't find anywhere except the internet...

Bluetooth adapters run for $25 used on Amazon up to $100, plus the batteries consumed. Some have 12v adapters built in like this one, but I already reserve that 12v outlet for my phone or occasionally my CB radio. The rear one's used for a laptop inverter. I shouldn't have to pay for a 12v splitter plus a good $60 or so for a stereo receiver when I should be able to pay $25 or less for a modest stereo output that I can use with my car and headphones.

Oh, and I'm not cannibalizing my headset; I'm terrible with a soldering iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    What I was getting at was whether your head unit had a microphone.

If not I would use the wiring illustrated by users here with a male 3.5 three pole (standard stereo).
    Just looks like a copy of the motorola adapter in description, but buy.com has one on its site, although unavailable.

http://www.buy.com/prod/palm-treo-80...208466036.html

I was thinking maybe adding it to a wishlight might push the manufacturer to make one.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by fdrebben View Post
    Just looks like a copy of the motorola adapter in description, but buy.com has one on its site, although unavailable.

http://www.buy.com/prod/palm-treo-80...208466036.html

I was thinking maybe adding it to a wishlight might push the manufacturer to make one.
    I've also found it on this site. The product name says "Palm Treo 800w 3.5mm Headset Car Stereo Adapter", but the product description starts with "For Motorola RAZR 2 V8 V9 V9m Q9h 3.5mm Headset Car Aux Stereo Adapter" and all compatible models listed are Moto.

Something's not right at all about that.
  7.    #27  
    And it's Mini USB. Somebody appears to be trying to make some possible sales off us with an incompatible product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    No.

I don't want yet another doo-hickey to carry around or worry about losing.

Either the phone has a 3.5mm or it doesn't, no silly adapters for me.
    couldnt have said it better myself
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
  9.    #29  
    i903-Noise-Canceling Stereo Headphones with Bluetooth Wireless Technology

Amazon has them for about half the price the manufacturer is selling them for.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance if this has been covered, but why won't others on the market work with the 800w?

http://www.daydeal.com/product.php?productid=19222
    Can confirm that this one does not work either...worth a shot for $9, oh well.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Can confirm that this one does not work either...worth a shot for $9, oh well.
    Sorry it did not work for you, although I thank you for "taking one for the team" and can't say I was surprised it does not work. I would have been surprised if it did work.

Hope you can still get a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Sorry it did not work for you, although I thank you for "taking one for the team" and can't say I was surprised it does not work. I would have been surprised if it did work.

Hope you can still get a refund.
    Just figured it was different and may have worked...oh well
    MotoRokr T505 does NOT work well for me either. I am getting an annoying static like sound on the high treble...even though if I have the volume turned off it's completely silent on the FM station it's set to, there's just always some kind of interference. The bluetooth portion of the T505 works great, it's just the FM transmitter that's not all it's cracked up to be. Anyone want to buy a T505??? rofl....

On my Treo 700w all I needed was my tape adapter (+2.5 to 3.5 adapter) for in car listening and I was good to go. Palm really dropped the ball on not including an audio out jack on the 800w. I guess I will have to try the Jabra BT3030, as this has an audio out jack that I can plug my tape adapter into. This will eliminate the FM transmitter static, etc...

I am concerned about reports the BT3030 doesn't have enough output?? Anyone else experiencing this? I guess I can just crank the volume on my car stereo up a tad to compensate?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni View Post
    MotoRokr T505 does NOT work well for me either. I am getting an annoying static like sound on the high treble...even though if I have the volume turned off it's completely silent on the FM station it's set to, there's just always some kind of interference. The bluetooth portion of the T505 works great, it's just the FM transmitter that's not all it's cracked up to be. Anyone want to buy a T505??? rofl....

On my Treo 700w all I needed was my tape adapter (+2.5 to 3.5 adapter) for in car listening and I was good to go. Palm really dropped the ball on not including an audio out jack on the 800w. I guess I will have to try the Jabra BT3030, as this has an audio out jack that I can plug my tape adapter into. This will eliminate the FM transmitter static, etc...

I am concerned about reports the BT3030 doesn't have enough output?? Anyone else experiencing this? I guess I can just crank the volume on my car stereo up a tad to compensate?
    Did you use the T505 for listening to music or for making/receiving calls or both? I have a T505 and it works great for playing music. I don't have the FM transmitter problem that you have. However, I have the BT volume issue when making and receiving calls.

I was thinking about unregistering the handsfree service and just using the T505 for playing music from my 800w, but I wanted to hear from somebody who has tried this. I'm wondering if the phone works normally (non-BT) when a call comes in and then switches back to BT when the call is ended.
    PM me what you want for the T505....
    Not anymore. I would have bought it but I finally gave up and bought the mono one from Palm. It works great for streaming audio podcasts in my car.

YES!!!!! I tried the T505 and it did not work well for me, either. Also have the BT3030 and it does not have enough output. I had success using it along with a Boostaroo amplifier I have, but it is waaaayyyy too much of a kluge to be acceptable. However, it did work well. I've pretty much had it. I'll be buying a HTC Touch Pro when it comes out. It doesn't appear that Palm nor anyone else has any intention of releasing an adapter. How stupid.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Not anymore. I would have bought it but I finally gave up and bought the mono one from Palm. It works great for streaming audio podcasts in my car.
    Me, too. Just got mine Friday, and will be using it to stream in my car. Far from perfect, but it does work. (And, I got it with free shipping and on sale with the power/splitter connector, too.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Anyone tried this?

store.everythingq.com/motorola-headset-adapter/12A45A3533.htm
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    Anyone tried this?

store.everythingq.com/motorola-headset-adapter/12A45A3533.htm
    Everyone who has tried the Moto adapters found they didn't work on the Treo 800w.

Whatever issues caused Seidio to not make an adapter are probably why Palm has not made one.

Seems things like the Jabra BT3030 will remain the only option.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast