Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Ok, now that Seidio has 2 different higher capacity batteries, I am sure that I will be getting one. The question I have is, what is the best way to deal with the original battery, so it will not become useless? Should I buy a separate battery charger, and if so, how often should I keep it on the charger? If I let it just sit around, it will certainly discharge and I am sure eventually become totally dead. Is there a way to keep it alive, other than to put it back into use in the phone on occasion?
    it will take quite a while to discharge. Your best bet is storing it at about 60 to 80% charge in a cool place. Alternately you could use it every couple of weeks and take it out of the handset with an 80% charge

it is not cost effective to buy a second charger just for the sake of the original battery since the battery is worth only about $20.
    On a related note, is there a down side to carrying a spare battery in your pocket? I carry mine in a charger, but it's kind of thick & I'd rather just carry the thin battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    Ok, now that Seidio has 2 different higher capacity batteries, I am sure that I will be getting one. The question I have is, what is the best way to deal with the original battery, so it will not become useless?
    Palm finally came out with this combination battery charger/case for the Centro. The only problem is at this time they don't sell it separately, they force you to buy a battery with it. Stupid move if you ask me. I'm not sure if it will work with the extended battery that's the same physical size but I'm guessing that it will. Since the Centro and 800w use the same battery, it should work.

I'd buy one of these in a second if Palm sold it without the battery, like they do with the (older) Treo version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Palm finally came out with this combination battery charger/case for the Centro. The only problem is at this time they don't sell it separately, they force you to buy a battery with it. Stupid move if you ask me. I'm not sure if it will work with the extended battery that's the same physical size but I'm guessing that it will. Since the Centro and 800w use the same battery, it should work.

I'd buy one of these in a second if Palm sold it without the battery, like they do with the (older) Treo version.
    They have the same charger for the 800w; it can be attached to the Treo's charger / travel charger / car charger. That's what I'm currently carrying my battery in.