1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to try the WM 6.1 cooked ROM and I'd like to back up my ROM before I do anything else. What's a good tool to use?

My Treo 750 came with version 2.21 from the factory (Rogers) and I've recently upgraded it to version 2.27. Can I actually use 2.27 as the ROM for restoration purposes? Does installing 3rd party ROMs prevent official ROMs from being restored onto the device?

Thanks,

Vernon
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    ...clip... Can I actually use 2.27 as the ROM for restoration purposes?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    ...clip... Does installing 3rd party ROMs prevent official ROMs from being restored onto the device?
    No
    Just call me Berd.
    In this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...29#post1493629

I posted:
    "The only reason you may need to edit the "payloads.xml" is because the 'Updater' first checks to see if you need the update or if it is compatible with your phone.
    For example; if the "Updater" recognizes your phone as ATT, it won't allow you to run the RWE version.
    ...clip..."

So in regard to your question; 'if you flash the Un-Official 6.1 rom, will you be able to go back to 6.0 Official?'

Yes, but the Updater may give you an error message saying you don't need the Update because you are running a newer version than 2.27.

So the way you get around this, is to edit the payload.xml, fooling the Updater into thinking your phone needs 2.27.

Do some reading in the links I provided in the other thread and some of this stuff might begin to make more sense.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Berd for the replies. Its slowly sinking in to my hard noggin, and I'll read further the links you've provided. I truly appreciate your help!