1.    #1  
    So here's an interesting dilemma: My personal email is via an Exchange Server (SherWeb - Exchange 2007) and my work email is also via an Exchange Server (Exchange 2003). With the Treo 800w (since it is my personal device and not a device provided by or paid for by my work) I want to set up Exchange ActiveSync with my personal email Exchange Server. However, I'd like to be able to get my work email pushed to my device also.

I pretty much control (or have a lot of control over) the work Exchange Server, so I know I can set it up via IMAP and access it that way, but the 800w doesn't support IMAP IDLE (push) out of the box. I know I can try 3rd party email apps, such as FlexMail, but I've had problems with them in the past and would like to avoid that route if possible. I also know I can forward the work email to my personal email (or even a synchronized sub-folder via a rule - although I know I won't get notified when it arrives), but then this comingles my personal and work email, and also shows my personal email address when I reply vs. my work email address. I also know I can do web access (via Outlook Mobile Access or OWA for PDA (which we've purchased)), but I'd prefer something that offers push so I can be notified when the work email arrives.

At present, I'm just using IMAP and having it check every so often, but am wondering if anyone out there has a potentially better solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I am using 2 exchange servers. I have one exchange connected via Activesync and it syncs contacts, tasks and email. I have a second exchange account that uses the Seven client to sync email and calendar. It works very well. I also use Seven to get push Gmail. Seven connects to the exchange server via Outlook Web Access. Seven is also a beta program so YMMV. There is another option that works like Seven but the name escapes me at the moment. Here is a link for the Seven Beta.

http://community.seven.com/main.php

One other note. Seven offers Push and the mail actually goes to your inbox and has the look and feel of an activesync connection. You want to get the "Out of Office" version. It does everything over the air. There are other threads that talk about Seven on this forum.
  4.    #4  
    I probably should have been a bit more clear - I don't want there to be cross-over of data between my personal email and my work email (i.e. I want the two mailboxes to remain two distinct mailboxes and two distinct accounts on my device). I think the first option above (http://www.bitshift.ch/eng/support/kbase/000003.asp) would cause data cross-over, correct?

As far as Seven goes, does it also do data cross-over, or can you use it and use Exchange activesync to both sync email and they remain separate accounts?

Also, mabmarc - if you can think of that other option that works similar to Seven and don't mind posting it (or any hint to it), it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks both of you for the help so far!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    I probably should have been a bit more clear - I don't want there to be cross-over of data between my personal email and my work email (i.e. I want the two mailboxes to remain two distinct mailboxes and two distinct accounts on my device). I think the first option above (http://www.bitshift.ch/eng/support/kbase/000003.asp) would cause data cross-over, correct?

As far as Seven goes, does it also do data cross-over, or can you use it and use Exchange activesync to both sync email and they remain separate accounts?

Also, mabmarc - if you can think of that other option that works similar to Seven and don't mind posting it (or any hint to it), it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks both of you for the help so far!
    Seven will keep the mailboxes separate. But it WILL drain your battery, if that's an issue for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    So I am a little confused here, does this give you two Outlook exchange folders on you Treo?

Can you send emails from the two different exchange accoutns?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Try this thread: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...hange+accounts I remembered reading about this a few months ago.

My ISP recently stopped supporting IMAP. I just can't bring myself to start using POP3 again for personal email. And I'm already syncing with a corporate exchange server. So now I'm shopping for a hosted exchange service, and I will be using this hack to sync with both.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post

I finally remembered the other service is called Emoze. Here is the link:

http://www.emoze.com/en/get/index.asp

Seven will not cross data. It creates a separate mailbox for your email. Also it will not allow you to have 2 separate calendars or contacts. Seven will want to wipe you contacts or calendars before the first sync if you choose to sync the calendar or contacts. Both calendar and contacts are optional.