1.    #1  
    alright I have a 8gb SD memry card that has a lock on the icon. What does this mean. And also Everytime i put a program on my phone and it ask me to save it to memory card or internal storage which I chose memory card, it saves it to my documents in my internal storage. The only program that I was able to save to my memory card was sky fire. i tried missing sync which doesnt work and other programs too. The problem with missing since is since it was saved to my internal memory it saves all my songs and videos to my internal storage where I run out of space pretty fast. Do i need to reformat this memory card?
    Bunches and bunches of memory cards have switches living on them that prevent the card from being written to. There is a slight possibility your card has this wonderful feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Bunches and bunches of memory cards have switches living on them that prevent the card from being written to. There is a slight possibility your card has this wonderful feature.
    I agree. winkybok, just slide that switch over the other way.
  4.    #4  
    Alright, I am not smoking crack. I have looked up and down , backwards forwards on this thing. I know about that switch you guys are talking about but this doesn't have one. It's a scan disk 8gb micro SD card.
    This card does however slides into a bigger memory card where you can then insert it into a computer. Does that have anything to do with it.
    Keep in mind, this is a MicroSD card, do they even have a physical switch? I've never seen it.

winkybok - You should have always said "MicroSD", never just "SD" because I think you're confusing some people. "MicroSD" is not the same as "SD". "SD" is that adapter you're sliding it into to work on your computer.

Here are some comments on a blog that might help you:
    Anonymous said...

You may have liste this already, but while trying to format the microSD card in the phone: Settings & Tools/ Memory/ Card Memory/ Options/ Format Card: it asks for what looks like a four digit "lock key"

Could you tell me what this is? I saw no lock code listed in either the microSD packaging or the phone's manual.

Thanks, and great blog.
    12:28 PM
    Blogger Andy M. said...

Tom: Ringtones must be in the internal memory. That's just the way it is.

Anonymous: The lock code is probably the last four digits of your phone number. If not, you could try zeros.
    Try to format the card using 4 zeros as the lock code. Of course you'll have to go into the Settings on your Treo to do this instead of those mentioned for that brand of phone in that blog's comments.
  6.    #6  
    ok my micro SD card does not format. I connected it to my friends PC (because I have a mac) I see that it connected however there is no option to reformat my card, am I doing something wrong. I have right clicked the treo icon and do not see anything to reformat it. Do I need to install active sync or some kind of sync software before doing this.
    It sounds like your card is corrupt. Very poorly written software can do this in short order by screwing up the file allocation table.

Call San Disk and they will send you another card. Your data is toast unless you want to spend big $ at a recovery place.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011