1.    #1  
    I recently moved to a new place that is close to a mountain, and reception is pretty bad indoors. Even my girlfriends phone (LG RUMOR) cuts out, and anyone who comes over. I'm mainly concerned just about my phone or her phone though. If we go outside the reception is alot better, but that it what im trying to avoid if its raining or windy or something.

I was wondering if anybody had any experience using a cell phone booster.
    such as this stuff ...

http://www.alternativewireless.com/c...dual-band.html

I was thinking of just getting a box and the bigger antenna and mounting it outside the door to catch the signal, then inside has a wire to plug into the phone. they have a special adapter just for the 700WX. It actually comes included when u buy a kit.

http://www.alternativewireless.com/p...-antennas.html

I read alot of reviews on the net and most agree that this actually works, the downside is that its just expensive.

they even have it here in the treostore on this page

http://store.treocentral.com/treo-miscellaneous.htm

So unless anyone has other suggestions. Like wrapping a hanger around my antenna or something. Please let me know what you guys think. THANKS!
    Last edited by gordo2dope; 09/07/2008 at 12:46 PM.
    The 700w/wx does have a plug for an external antenna, which might buy you a bar or two.

I've heard good things about those, however. And it's a one time fee, which is nice.
  3.    #3  
    I have NEVER had a house phone since i moved like 7 years ago. this is the only time i had bad reception so im getting kind of desperate and also because its annoying. Its jsut kind of hard for me to spend that much and no know if it will work.
    Itw ill work i have one for my car, i use it for the northern parts of canada cuz other wise you need a bag phone to get a signal.

i got the 12" one. it works well. need a metal mounting surface to ground it though.
    It should work.

I use a wireless solution (~$400) and it works good for me. However, a wired solution works better in really bad signal environments. There is considerably more loss with a wireless system. And it costs more.

You might even find that an external antenna alone might work. I used an external antenna for a couple of years to bring a fairly weak signal inside my steel-siding house basement room. But I eventually sprung for the wireless solution.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The 700w/wx does have a plug for an external antenna, which might buy you a bar or two.

I've heard good things about those, however. And it's a one time fee, which is nice.
    which plug is this?
    i have a zboost dual band. it helps a little bit.

here's an alternative which i found way better than boosting reception at home. i use skypeout (configuring caller id as my cell phone's number). $3/month. if it's a quick call, i just take it on my cell. otherwise, i call out and/or call back people on my computer. my computer is on 24/7 so this works out very well.

i'm actually planning to get rid of my zboost repeater because i'm using skype out a lot. also, i don't have to watch my minutes on skype.
    Quote Originally Posted by coredump View Post
    which plug is this?
    Look at the back of your phone. It's the bigger one.
    Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    have u heard abt the airave?, may want to call up retentions to get for free