Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    1st I used SKTools but could only find adrbook.lnk, I could not find an .exe
    - I then found it there is no .exe but the .lnk points to 21#:MSCONTACTS?outres.dll-10000
    - SKTools can only seem to point to :MSCONTACTS, I cannot add the rest in, and it doesn't work anyway.

    2nd I used AE Button Plus but selecting the .lnk as a shortcut does not work AND it will not let me type 21#:MSCONTACTS?outres.dll-10000.

    3rd I tried the WM6.1 'button' app but there is no option to change the left soft key

    4th I tried Wisbar 3 Advance which does not even list the adrbook.lnk in the Window dir (hidden) but it DOES let me type in 21#:MSCONTACTS?outres.dll-10000.

    However, before and after soft reset, on the Today screen, pressing the left soft key now brings up a menu that says Contact as 1 option and Messaging as the 2nd option. Whereas before it would go straight into my Messaging app w/o a menu - basically I want it to go into 'Contacts.'

    Obviously Messaging is the default key's link.

    So my question is, how do I get rid of the menu so that it does not list Messaging and it goes directly into Contacts. (I can use my 'Email' button to go into Messaging since I use poutlook).

    By the way, I have no problem renaming the button.

    Thanks!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  2.    #2  
    Maybe I phrased my question too confusingly...

    How about this: How do I make my left soft key to open my 'contacts?'
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  3. #3  
    Tell me why you want this? (I'm not being rude - I'm honestly asking).

    You do know that on the 800w (just as with the 700w and 700wx), all you have to do from the Today screen to get into your contacts is to start typing a name - right? In other words - no need to open the 'Contacts' app. just type. And the simplest way to do that is one or two letters of first name, then [space] followed by one or two letters of last name.

    Ya with me? No need to go Menu/Contacts. Nope. Just start typing, at the Today screen. AND - get rid of that contact lookup field (it's not necessary). Just start typing right from the Today screen and you're in your contacts.

    Am I missing something? (I bet you're used to some other WM device where it wasn't possible to get right into your contacts the way that's it's possible on Palm's WM devices....)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    Tell me why you want this? (I'm not being rude - I'm honestly asking).

    You do know that on the 800w (just as with the 700w and 700wx), all you have to do from the Today screen to get into your contacts is to start typing a name - right? In other words - no need to open the 'Contacts' app. just type. And the simplest way to do that is one or two letters of first name, then [space] followed by one or two letters of last name.

    Ya with me? No need to go Menu/Contacts. Nope. Just start typing, at the Today screen. AND - get rid of that contact lookup field (it's not necessary). Just start typing right from the Today screen and you're in your contacts.

    Am I missing something? (I bet you're used to some other WM device where it wasn't possible to get right into your contacts the way that's it's possible on Palm's WM devices....)
    Yep, I'm totally aware of it, know how to use it, and I use it quite often. However, I have so many contact entries that sometimes I don't remember what they are stored under (name) nor do I remember the number and seeing the entire 'contacts' screen allows me to quickly scroll through my entries to either find it quickly or it helps to job my memory.
    And for a smaller reason, I don't need 2 buttons to get me to messaging.
    Thanks!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  5. #5  
    Tge only thing is. depending on what app you are running, the left soft key maybe assigned something else. You request would only work if you were in the today screen. How about assigning the hold button on the side or using the calendar as your contacts & Opt-calendar as the actual calendar app?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Tge only thing is. depending on what app you are running, the left soft key maybe assigned something else. You request would only work if you were in the today screen. How about assigning the hold button on the side or using the calendar as your contacts & Opt-calendar as the actual calendar app?
    Actually, what I want is for the button to work only on the today screen - just like the messaging button does. Meaning, if I'm in another program, the left button will do whatever that specific app wants it to do. The messaging button only works on the today screen also as a link to messaging. In the same way I want the contacts button to work there only as well.
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  7. #7  
    Is "Menu (right soft key) -> Contacts" on TodayScreen a possible solution?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkdude View Post
    Is "Menu (right soft key) -> Contacts" on TodayScreen a possible solution?
    In addition to my other 2 reasons a few posts up I also want 1 button access. Menu > Contacts requires 2 buttons.

    Anyway, if anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know.

    I'm ONLY interested in doing this w/ the left button as I've stated in post 4 and 6. I've explored other options.

    Thanks!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    In addition to my other 2 reasons a few posts up I also want 1 button access. Menu > Contacts requires 2 buttons.

    Anyway, if anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know.

    I'm ONLY interested in doing this w/ the left button as I've stated in post 4 and 6. I've explored other options.

    Thanks!
    First you will need to use the standard windows mobile dialer that palm deactivated!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000

    after that then you can use edit the registry
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    First you will need to use the standard windows mobile dialer that palm deactivated!

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000

    after that then you can use edit the registry
    I don't see what the dialer has to do w/ soft keys. I'm just curious b/c I'm @ 96dpi and the keypad looks completely screwed up and if I can bypass that somehow....
    Meaning isn't there something in the registry I can edit to change from messaging to contacts?
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  11.    #11  
    OK, I may be wrong but in the registry under HKLM\\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\ there are a list of keys: 40C1, 40C2, ..., ..., 40CB. And I ***think*** (I'm not sure) that 40CB is the left soft key. However, I'm not sure which values to edit how...
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  12.    #12  
    OK, I was wrong... none of those keys seem to be associated w/ either soft key... still looking...
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  13.    #13  
    I found 2 other threads w/ ppl wanting to do the same thing but again, it doesn't change the left soft key it ADDS 'contacts' to a menu that now has 'contacts' and 'messaging.'
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167578
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167231



    There MUST be something I can edit in the registry w/o doing this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148000
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  14.    #14  
    Hmm... OK, I started searching through the registry to find anything else that pointed to tmail.exe for SMS and started changing some to contacts.lnk but in the end I needed a hard reset b/c I screwed something up.
    ...still searching...
    If anyone else knows, please let me know.
    (I'll try post #9, but I'm not sure how it'll respond to my 96dpi).
    Thanks!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

    Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)

Posting Permissions