Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I recently hard reset my treo and reinstalled the apps I had liked from my initial playing around. All of a sudden, people complain that my texts were sent multiple times but more importantly, it seems that it has stopped sending texts all together. They show up as sent but the recipient never receives them. I never had either of these issue before the hard reset. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks a lot!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr56 View Post
    I recently hard reset my treo and reinstalled the apps I had liked from my initial playing around. All of a sudden, people complain that my texts were sent multiple times but more importantly, it seems that it has stopped sending texts all together. They show up as sent but the recipient never receives them. I never had either of these issue before the hard reset. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do? Thanks a lot!
    I just had this issue nyr56, except, I could receive the text messages, and when I sent one, it went to my inbox, my outbox would freeze up, and nothing went to the sent box. I've had this problem since 8/31, and was told there was an outage in my area, lol except all other customers with sprint had use, finally hard reset my 800w to get it all working again. but now my font is so small I can barely read it, trying to figure out now how to increase the size of the font on my today screen after the hard reset.....problems, problems and fun,fun,...fun
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
  3. #3  
    NYR56 try Hard Reseting andf see if they work and then (If you backed up ) recover your backup and if it then doesnt work its a third party app. otherwise I would suggest returining it to sprint as it might be a defective phone.
  4. #4  
    Well I had the same problem as dawn before, and i believe it was associated (well on my end) with installing the newest version of gpstoday. I do not know why, but I believe it was that. I had to do a sprite restore to get my texts to start sending back out.
  5. #5  
    Yeah usually this problem is coaused by a third party app. Its just so hard to figuire out which one .
  6. #6  
    I've this problem of repeats especially off and on with the phone in many different configurations. I don't think it is specific to this phone - I had the same thing happen (repeats) on my 700wx (which had no apps running) and my wife's Centro occasionally repeats and more often from hers I'll get text which are time stamped three hours in the future.

    Personally, I am sure it is part of Sprint's new business plan to save itself by making money on text messages from those without unlimited plans.

    I have thought in the past it is network related, but maybe next hard reset I'll leave it pure for a couple days and see if it helps. All of those with this issue could start comparing apps to see if there is a common program that may be causing it. Just in case it is us and not Sprint....
  7. #7  
    This has to be a network issue...my son's (old flip phone) texts are coming through multiple times on his buddy's verizon line...another kid's Sprint text messages are coming through multiple times to him. All different phones....
  8.    #8  
    The texts started going through again. I used PMclean and purged all the messages from my phone so I'm not sure what happened with that. As for the duplicates, I'm still testing to see if it exists.

    Dawn, did you try going to settings>system>screen>text size and then making it larger? That should change the size for the today screen.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    but now my font is so small I can barely read it, trying to figure out now how to increase the size of the font on my today screen after the hard reset.....problems, problems and fun,fun,...fun
    Go to start/settings then select the systems tab and tap on the screen icon. At the bottom there is a "Text Size" tab which allows you to change the font size with a slider button (gives you 5 different settings, default is center.)

    They sure have it hidden well.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr56 View Post
    Dawn, did you try going to settings>system>screen>text size and then making it larger? That should change the size for the today screen.
    Ooops....missed that, didn't realize you already answered.

Posting Permissions