Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Another off-topic nuisance is the fact that TreoCentral and WMExperts forums mirror each other identically (at least the WinMo portion.) What is the advantage in that?
    Keep in mind that after many years of using the POS we are very familiar with the POS spots and resources. Many of us just got our first WM device, so it's going to take time to learn all the good spots and resources available to us.

Took me a little time, but I was able to replace what I used to like on POS and find some things that used to not be available to me like Pocket e-Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Another off-topic nuisance is the fact that TreoCentral and WMExperts forums mirror each other identically (at least the WinMo portion.) What is the advantage in that?
    Perhaps because many Google searches are performed using search terms like "WM" and "Windows Mobile" it's good to have a mirror that can leverage that? And no sense in the owners of this site spending their whole lives on just the Treo, when they can branch out to the full scope of Windows Mobile enabled devices. I don't blame them and our logins all work there too . And I think I may have stumbled on at least one other site that is another mirror.
    Agendus is impossibly slow on the 800w and freezes easily. Agenda one does not offer the same functionality. There is a rumor about a new version of Agendus. Any news? I really like icons. Also like to establish untimed appointments. Agenda one has only bad icons and does not allow an untimed appointment.
    Laissez Faire
    I haven't had any freezes with Agendus on my 800w (which honestly surprises me). I'm also not finding it any slower than the built in PIM handlers.

The good news is, version 3 is in private beta and they are in the final stages of bug tracking and cleaning up. If I were to offer an educated guess I'd say another month before we see the public beta release. And yes, I am an inside source on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Agendus is impossibly slow on the 800w and freezes easily.
    I use Agendus Pro on the 800w and haven't noticed any freezing or abnormal slowness.

I did discover one bug and reported it. If you have more than one phone number for a contact, it doesn't recognize all of them when that contact calls you. In other words, you will get a pop up that says "call from such and such number, do you want to add it to your contacts?" Even though the number is already in your contact list.

I submitted to the Iambic forums and the bug was confirmed. For now, I disabled Agendus Pro from handling contacts. Not the preferred solution but hopefully they will have it fixed soon.
    Ahhh - that was you. Further investigation found that "bug" is only on the 800w. Doesn't it just figure! We can't reproduce it on any other device.
    Coming from a 700p to the 800w and not looking back. Very happy with my 800w!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Ahhh - that was you. Further investigation found that "bug" is only on the 800w. Doesn't it just figure! We can't reproduce it on any other device.
    That doesn't sound good. So what does that mean, it won't get fixed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    That doesn't sound good. So what does that mean, it won't get fixed?
    Just means it may take a little longer to fix than it might have if it were an actual bug and not a device specific issue. Let's hope the engineers can get it sorted fast so that it's included in version 3. :>
  10. sv3
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Any reasonable solution to call recording in WM yet?
    can we install Memos thru StyleTap? Wordsmith for Palm is a must-have for me. Is it true that you can only store one number per contact? i read that somewhere. that holds me back too.
    I came from the Treo 650 and then 700p to the 800w last month. I also have had Palm organizers back to the pre-color days , all using the Palm Desktop. After a few syncing issues, completing several registry hacks and installing a some nice pieces of freeware, I can honestly say that I'm really very happy with my 800w and very gald I made the move to Windows Mobile. I was trying to wait it out till the new Palm OS came out, but now I truly beleive that Windows is the OS of the future. Outlook is much cooler and easier to operate in than Palm once you get used to it. Also, there are alot of good folks like those on this forum who go out of their way to help others like me with their newbie transition questions! And I don't care what anyone says to me this phone is a real keeper.
    I have a 700P currently. I want to get the 800W. I'm concerned about the data transfer. I have a lot of Memos and Notes in my meeting calendar.

Will they transfer over????????

I heard that the 800P will be coming to Sprint in December. Should I wait or try the 800W?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    I have a 700P currently. I want to get the 800W. I'm concerned about the data transfer. I have a lot of Memos and Notes in my meeting calendar.

Will they transfer over????????

I heard that the 800P will be coming to Sprint in December. Should I wait or try the 800W?
    I'm rather sure there is no way an 800p will be released. The Palm OS is simply incapable of wifi, so one of the major components of the 800w wouldn't exist on the newer device. I understand they are focusing effort on a completely new OS.
    I made the same switch a couple of months back, and all my PIM data was easily synced with the 800w. I was using Outlook already, which is the only thing the 800w will sync with, so be sure you're data is already there.
    There is a decent learing curve making this move, but a worthwhile one, imho.
    Good luck
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12