1.    #1  
    hey, my friend is selling me his sprint treo 700, but i have verizon. is it possible to use it on verizon? if so, how will i go about doing it? thanks!
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but probably not. It's rare that a carrier will activate a device from a rival carrier. In theory, it's possible, as the 700WX is a CDMA device and will work on either carrier
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

There are ways to do it, but they are definitely against your agreement with the carrier, and quite technical to do.
    The funny thing is I got a VZW 700w on the VZW network and when I shut down the phone or turn it on (hold down power key) the Sprint logo shows up. Does it mean this was a sprint phone converted to work on VZW? Anyone know how to change that logo back to the VZW one?
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    If you got your deviuce used (i.e. through a private party), it's possible they had a Sprint based ROM on it. If you wish to change that, you're looking at flashing a custom ROM. This isn't at all difficult to do, as there are plent of threads both here & at PPCGeeks addressing this. Looky here..http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=164457. I'm using Landon.Epps Full Rom - Ebag's Take 1, Verizonized on my 700WX and love it.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway