Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 161
  1. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by champagne609 View Post
    my thoughts exactly. they reply to everything else seidio related.
    I (again) can only speak to my experience but I found contacting them directly be email worked rather quickly. of course, calling them would give instant gratification. Their CS number is listed on their website. I had issues with their 1350 battery and once i contacted them (once by email, which they responded to, and once by phone) they actually called me to verify the fixed product had arrived and would be shipped to me. within 3 days of that contact I received the fixed product. You really should try contacting them directly.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTreo650 View Post
    I have sent them emails and got no response- my experiences with them have been very poor to say the least- Im sitting on a battery that doesn't work- not a happy camper.
    Got a response today.



    Quote Originally Posted by Seidio
    Thank you for your inquiry. Very few of our battery doors were having problems and we’ve since received a new shipment of them. Since then we are yet to experience any problems.

    Please let us know if you have any other questions.

    Regards,
    Seidio Tech Support
  3.    #143  
    I apologize for not getting in here sooner, but we've been extremely busy gearing up for the holidays and all the new Smartphones. As I've stated before, we don't officially have someone following the forums, but I get in here when I can. This is why I've always left an email (forum@seidio.com) for any issues you have that customer service can't handle.

    In regards to the battery door, if you are having a problem, please feel free to contact customer service with your original order number and they'll send you out a replacement.

    Thanks,
  4. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I apologize for not getting in here sooner, but we've been extremely busy gearing up for the holidays and all the new Smartphones. As I've stated before, we don't officially have someone following the forums, but I get in here when I can. This is why I've always left an email (forum@seidio.com) for any issues you have that customer service can't handle.

    In regards to the battery door, if you are having a problem, please feel free to contact customer service with your original order number and they'll send you out a replacement.

    Thanks,
    i think there is a better fix for the door......
    an innocase for the ext battery 800w.
    do you forsee that in the future????
    Last edited by eve6er69; 10/30/2008 at 12:23 PM.
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    i think there is a better fix for the door......
    an innocase for the ext battery 800w.
    do you forsee that in the future????
    I don't know of any plans for an extended case, but I'll definitely let you know if anything changes.

    Thanks,
  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #146  
    folks,I found another similar battery at fommy.com.
    I am not sure the quality is as good as seidio though.
    I guess I am going to buy this battery. Haven't decided from which store though. I am tired of the other tricks ( time intervals of email sync, disabling location .... etc).
    For now the power and audio adapter is helping me.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    I don't know of any plans for an extended case, but I'll definitely let you know if anything changes.

    Thanks,
    thank you. everytime i pull my phone out of the vertical case my battery door slides open.
    i think alot of ppl will purchase it if it was available.
    everybody plus myself enjoy the feel and protection that the innocase provides.
  8. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    folks,I found another similar battery at fommy.com.
    I am not sure the quality is as good as seidio though.
    I guess I am going to buy this battery. Haven't decided from which store though. I am tired of the other tricks ( time intervals of email sync, disabling location .... etc).
    For now the power and audio adapter is helping me.
    I am not having any of the problems others are complaining about. My door is fine. I haven't posted in a few weeks but my battery is doing great. I added the Pocket Express to my Today screen. I get my email pushed and it's my main email. I use the net for at least an hour a day and text my **** off. I probably use the phone a little over an hour. I use Sprint Navigation all the time. I leave the GPS on. I have only had to put it back on the charger once since I got the battery.
    As far as Seidio, their customer service has been great. I had a problem with my Spring Clip shutting off the ringer, as many others did. It was very easy to get a replacemnet. I have bought several things from them.
  9. quietkvj's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #149  
    I've never wanted something so ugly so bad except for my Ugg boots. All of the reviews are great. I'm going to invest in a hump back because I need one. especially since i am in love with my bluetooth headphones.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    folks,I found another similar battery at fommy.com.
    I am not sure the quality is as good as seidio though.
    Given the limited market and the initial costs for the door design and testing, I doubt another third party just decided to design and make this without even advertising or mentioning it in any Palm forum.

    So this is either a) an unauthorized over production* of Seidio's product by their contract manufacturer, b) second party distribution of Seidio quality control rejects, or c) a knock off by a another maker.

    *[Years ago I worked with a design firm that contracted out to factories in Italy where those factories would then add a second night shift and product the exact same product with the same materials and then distribute product line themselves without the label on the gray market. I worked coordinating with Italian Federal Police on chasing up what was going on.]

    I have not been happy with every Seidio product but I would not be very confident about the fommy.com products. If it is a case of "a then it is the exact same product, but they are ripping off Seidio's intellectual property and damaging Seidio's ability to innovate for people like us, owners of a case design that Palm already abandoned. Also any problems, like loose doors from one one product run, will not be backed up and replaced by anyone.

    In the case of b or c you could be buying a problem.

    A good seller or reseller will tell you who is the actual maker. Perhaps Seidio can tell us if they have resold QC failed lots.
  11. #151  
    Well i finally got my extended battery. Went to charge it and kept having it crap out and have the phone turn off on me. Not sure if its because the battery fit is loose with the cover, but going to try adding a piece of cardboard between the cover and battery tomorrow to see if thatll fix it.
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #152  
    via AEButton+'s batt stats function, I got 7 and a half hours of uptime, and 13 hours of total time. I got these numbers under real, real heavy usage(i.e. GPS, BT music streaming, and Streaming internet music for a good 5 hours of that uptime.
  13. #153  
    Ok well i got the battery to charge 100% but its been crapping out on me all day. My phone screen keeps going black and refuses to turn the back light on pretty often. Also sometimes it just dies and i have to take the battery out and put it back in. Im back to the stock battery now and everything is fine. Will contact seido tomorrow too see if i can get another battery.
  14. bige54's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #154  
    I have had the same problem now with 2 of their 2600 batteries. When it happened with the first one, they were quick to send out a replacement, but it happened again with the 2nd. When I called them, they said to email technical support, and I did that weeks ago, and have not heard anything. I do wonder, though, since this battery has had almost universal great reviews, maybe we have something in common on our phones creaturecore that is contributing to the problem.
  15. #155  
    creaturecore, bige54, and zedlebowski have had the same issues...
    i have my original treo 800w (still need to send it to asurion) and my replacement (and its not even a refurb it was 100% new... doing the "##rtn#" even said it wasn't...)
    charging and usage has been funky on my replacement (thats after a hard reset with usage and sprite backup)
    so i checked to see if maybe it was some software i was running and i did my sprite backup onto my old phone and plugged the 2600 into it and it hasnt acted stupid at all.. im stumped... loose connection on terminals maybe? cuz it seems like the phone thinks the battery is dead/dying and thats why things go whacko...
    this is day2 with my innocell 2600 and day 4 with the replacement 800w
    Last edited by frickinjerms; 12/06/2008 at 03:23 AM.
  16. #156  
    I have now also tried a replacment battery from seidio and still have the same problem. I'm guessing its some problem with the phone itself.
  17. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Given the limited market and the initial costs for the door design and testing, I doubt another third party just decided to design and make this without even advertising or mentioning it in any Palm forum.

    So this is either a) an unauthorized over production* of Seidio's product by their contract manufacturer, b) second party distribution of Seidio quality control rejects, or c) a knock off by a another maker.

    *[Years ago I worked with a design firm that contracted out to factories in Italy where those factories would then add a second night shift and product the exact same product with the same materials and then distribute product line themselves without the label on the gray market. I worked coordinating with Italian Federal Police on chasing up what was going on.]

    I have not been happy with every Seidio product but I would not be very confident about the fommy.com products. If it is a case of "a then it is the exact same product, but they are ripping off Seidio's intellectual property and damaging Seidio's ability to innovate for people like us, owners of a case design that Palm already abandoned. Also any problems, like loose doors from one one product run, will not be backed up and replaced by anyone.

    In the case of b or c you could be buying a problem.

    A good seller or reseller will tell you who is the actual maker. Perhaps Seidio can tell us if they have resold QC failed lots.

    I will go with the cheapest battery available. Quality is a big thing but , I read folks on the forum complaining about the SEIDIO battery too.

    I would prefer if PALM or Sprint releases official extended battery. May be they should tie up with Seidio and do this.

    Regarding the fommy.com battery, I ordered one, waited for two weeks, never got it. I called back and cancelled the order.

    Then I saw another battery on Ebay 2200 mAh for $17 including shipping.
    Ordered that one. Waited two weeks only to receive a Treo 650 battery :-).

    I guess I will wait to see the price drop on Seidio in next one month.
    If not goodbye Seidio, I will wait another five months and get a new phone may be Touch Pro.

    Lastly , I agree with you that someone got hold of the battery that Seidio is selling or got their own knock off. In either case. 50 bucks for a battery is downright ridiculous for me when you can get a brand new phone for 250 on Ebay.
  18. #158  
    I have the extended battery, have for a while now. It's great. I love it. All of you wanting a tiny-weenie-puny phone, go get a flip-phone and stop complaining. The ammount of stuff that the 800w does is insane, having a bit of extra battery fat is FINE with me.
  19. gottspd's Avatar
    Posts
    266 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    #159  
    Just ordered mine... can't wait to get it. was just about to leave sprint just because the battery life was so short!
  20. #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigE54 View Post
    I have had the same problem now with 2 of their 2600 batteries. When it happened with the first one, they were quick to send out a replacement, but it happened again with the 2nd. When I called them, they said to email technical support, and I did that weeks ago, and have not heard anything. I do wonder, though, since this battery has had almost universal great reviews, maybe we have something in common on our phones creaturecore that is contributing to the problem.
    You might be right, i ordered one of the cheap centro rip off batteries from ebay with a wall charger last week. When i tried using that battery my phone did the same thing as the seidio battery.

    Im just going to end up getting another official palm battery from the sprint store. I usually can make it a whole work shift without needing to charge the phone, but sometimes its close. Rather be safe then sorry.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions