Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    any coupon codes?
    Every battery and device warms up with extended use. As for performance, it is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Quick Question:

What are you all getting in regards to a feeling of heat with the battery after heavy usage?

I am using the OEM battery currently and I have one of those "go" wall chargers in my car (The chargers with the different tips, and VIBE GT w/ the outlet).

When I use GPS (Sprint Nav), the back of the phone will get rather warm and I start to lose ground on the charging (uses faster then it charges), but very small amount.

After reading about all the "bad" batteries or bad phone posts, im curious if I have that issue, but back to the point.

Yesterday I was helping a friend move and I brought a ebay combo usb charger (wall or car charger plus the OEM USB cable), and I could never get it to charge correctly. The phone would "beep" that it was charging, but no light and even with everything off (911 only GPS, phone service off, etc), it couldnt keep up.

Once I got back to my car, and plugged it in (go charger)...charged completly before I even got home (less then hour).

Basicly has anyone noticed any heat issues with any of these new batteries?
    I haven't noticed anything different "heat-wise" with the 2600 mh battery. Under heavy usage, it's no warmer or cooler than the stock battery was.
    First off, I love Seidio's 2600 battery. It is what Sprint should have built, IMHO.

Someone else mentioned that with the battery on, the door felt a little flimsey. I agree. So, I took some small post it notes (yellow stickies) -- about 15 of them, cut them to 1" X 1" and attached the whole stack to the battery, near to top edge. I put the door back on and VOILA! It feels Solid....
    Wow, there must be a back log. I thought Seidio said they were up and running again. My significant other ordered the humpback on Monday hoping it would get here by Friday. She bought it for my birthday on Sunday. It's Wednesday and it's still processing. I've never had that problem with them before. You order and it usually ships the next day. If they had done this With the method she picked it would have been here on Friday. Now, we'll be lucky if it get here Monday. Not a happy camper right now.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just got the battery yesterday. I plugged the phone into the OEM wall charger last night, and at first, everything seemed fine. The battery level was 7%, and the LED immediately came on glowing red, and the battery icon went to charging. However, I started to notice some weird behavior. The LED would change to green for a few seconds, then back to red. And, at times, the screen or backlight would not come back with a keypress. I didn't pay attention for a couple of hours, and then I noticed the LED was not on at all. The phone seemed completely dead, did not respond to anything. When I pulled the charger out of the phone, and plugged it back in, the phone did a soft reset. Over the course of the night, I slept a bit fitfully, and was up every couple of hours or so, and at least 3 other times, the phone appeared dead again. However, it did not respond to pulling out the charger and plugging it back in. It did soft reset when I removed and replaced the battery, however. And, when it came back, the battery level had increased, indicating that it was, indeed, charging. After a while, when the battery level was up above 40-50%, the phone finally stayed on. In the morning when I checked, the battery level was up to almost 100%. Nothing else unusual happened, except once. While the phone was still on the charger, the battery level icon all of a sudden changed to 1% and I got a warning the phone was about to shut off. I pulled out the charger and plugged it back into the phone, and the battery icon changed back to accurately reflect the level. After that, all of today, the phone has operated perfectly. Have I got a buggy battery? Or was this just like growing pains, because the initial battery level was so low?
    Quote Originally Posted by haschade View Post
    First off, I love Seidio's 2600 battery. It is what Sprint should have built, IMHO.

Someone else mentioned that with the battery on, the door felt a little flimsey. I agree. So, I took some small post it notes (yellow stickies) -- about 15 of them, cut them to 1" X 1" and attached the whole stack to the battery, near to top edge. I put the door back on and VOILA! It feels Solid....
    Do you have any pics? thanks. The battery is excellent in my opinion. My only gripe is with the loose battery cover. It is way too easy to come off. Wishthey had made it tighter.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Ok, now I am sure I have a lemon. After working fine all day after my initial problems in my previous post, I put it on the charger about 1130pm. After about 15-20 minutes, it died completely again. Screen blank, no key response, no led, no nothing. I unplugged from the charger, replugged the charger, and it proceeded to soft reset. The battery level was almost 90%. I then pressed the End key to turn off the screen, and it died completely again. At that point, I soft reset, and adjusted the backlight and power setting so as not to turn anything off while plugged in. This kept it going all night, although I did notice the screen light dimming and then turning on again on occasion.
    This morning, I drove into work as usual, getting a few text messages from work along the way. The drive was about 45 minutes. When I got to the office and checked the phone, it was dead again. At that point, I just gave up on the battery. I put the OEM back in, and everything is now just fine.
    I will be contacting Seidio to see about replacing the battery. I will be assuming that I just got a lemon. I hope the usual saying about assuming will not apply here.
    Quote Originally Posted by haschade View Post

Mine is quite loose as well. I am wondering what will happen with 50 to 100 mechanical cycles of taking the extended cover on and off. I am not optimistic.
    You can always place something under the cover to tighten it up; however, with the playing I have done, I have removed the cover less than 5 times due to the device becoming unresponsive. Otherwise, I use an application capable of executing a soft reset in order to execute a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You can always place something under the cover to tighten it up; however, with the playing I have done, I have removed the cover less than 5 times due to the device becoming unresponsive. Otherwise, I use an application capable of executing a soft reset in order to execute a hard reset.
    good advice. thanks.
    i got mine yesterday.... it works fine.... however i have trouble charging it from a powered usb hub
    I only want to buy 1 large batt not like my Mogul were I 1st but one and a few months later another came out that was larger. Is the 2600 going to be the largest?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Im using the my old Krusell case from my 700p. It's the formfitting case that allows a transparent view of the front of my 800w. After installing the 2600 extended battery, the case fits nice an snug. The rear holes are slight off do to the new placements if the camera, speaker and the stylus. But it's a great protector now!!!

IGO
    does it cover the keyboard
    If... and hopefully when... the 800 comes to VZW, how long will it take Seidio to make a VZW version of the battery door? Any ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    If... and hopefully when... the 800 comes to VZW, how long will it take Seidio to make a VZW version of the battery door? Any ideas.
    Why would you need a special Verizon version of the battery door? The special door is Seidio branded and should work with either the Sprint or Verizon Treo 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Why would you need a special Verizon version of the battery door? The special door is Seidio branded and should work with either the Sprint or Verizon Treo 800w.
    Maybe color difference like my old phone the BlackBerry 8330 on Sprint was gray, but on VZw it was silver. Regardless the extended and battery works on both.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    I only want to buy 1 large batt not like my Mogul were I 1st but one and a few months later another came out that was larger. Is the 2600 going to be the largest?
    We don't have any plans to build a battery any thicker than this, and don't see any upcoming technology that would allow us to get any more capacity out of the same size.

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    Maybe color difference like my old phone the BlackBerry 8330 on Sprint was gray, but on VZw it was silver. Regardless the extended and battery works on both.
    That is exactly right. If the 700 is any indication, the Sprint version was the dark blue, but my VZW 700 is black.
  20. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    seidioseidio,
    Is Seidio planning to change the battery cover ?
    According to the members the current cover is not tight enough.