Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I am at one week and it is doing well, what specifically do you want to know? It lasts, charges well and again, it lasts.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    bclinger, I would like to know if it lasts for a 8 hour workday with three sync email accounts and about an hour talk time plus half hour browsing / SPRINT TV. The reason I am asking is I am tired of using the headphones, while the phone is loosing power. I seriously thought about buying that power/audio adapter. Now that this battery came along, I am thinking should I buy this or should I buy the power adapter.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Nope, I'm on day number 5. Still great though I stream all day long, no problems getting me home. I actually ran out last night after a full day of streaming. ...at 11:30 P.M... I can live with that.
    Thanks Cell, thats very encouraging
    I do everything and more except the 1/2 hour browsing/Sprint TV. The battery so far is lasting 8+ hours. I would always suggest a power adapter regardless of what you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    bclinger, I would like to know if it lasts for a 8 hour workday with three sync email accounts and about an hour talk time plus half hour browsing / SPRINT TV. The reason I am asking is I am tired of using the headphones, while the phone is loosing power. I seriously thought about buying that power/audio adapter. Now that this battery came along, I am thinking should I buy this or should I buy the power adapter.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    bclinger, sure I do have three power adapters , one for home one for car and one at the office. But If this things can keep me going , then I don't need that audio power split adapter.
    Yeah, so far so good, but there are 2 locations I hit on occasions that have NO reception with any of the companies and so I just gotta have a backup of some type.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Seidio,

I'd like to put my vote in for a flexarmor case to fit the 800w+extended battery. I'd love to have both, but the rubber bumper is more important to me.
    Just got mine today, I was a little hesitant to deal with the hump, but I just got a job that is going to require a lot of travel, so I figured I'd need the extra juice on long trips and when I am in the middle of nowhere.....

Put me down for another vote for an Innocase for this. The door color doesn't match 100% and I'd like to use my holster. I don't think I'll use this everyday, but hopefully will give me the juice I need for traveling.

I'm going to use it all weekend to get it ready for my trip next week. I can't wait to see the difference - my Saturday mornings are spent customizing the phone and I'm usually down to 50% by 11:00am....should be able to screw with it all day with this I hope.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Anybody got any pics of how this looks in comparison with one of the older Treos? That would be interesting.
    Sorry for the delay. Here you go, pictures of a 700wx, Red Centro, Touch Diamond and my 800w with 2600mah.

Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Great job with the pics.

In the first set of pics, the Treo 800w with the 2600 battery looks just as thick as the 700wx. In the last set of pics, perhaps the hump makes a bit of an optical illusion, but the 800w with the 2600 battery looks thickest.

Kash76, your your estimation, is the 800w with the 2600 battery equal in depth or a little thicker than the 700wx?

Seems like the old 700wx/650/680/600/755 cases would be able to hold the 800w with the 2600 battery.
    man this sucks I wish I didn't buy a couple cases to try out. im pretty sure they won't fit with the battery. although I think I will still buy it with all the good reviews.
    Been playing with the pics in some photo software. The 800w with the 2600 battery is just a slight bit deeper/thicker than the 700.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    .... is the 800w with the 2600 battery equal in depth or a little thicker than the 700wx?

Seems like the old 700wx/650/680/600/755 cases would be able to hold the 800w with the 2600 battery.
    I'm holding both (well was, now I'm typing) but they are really close. I'd say, by eyeballing it, that the 800w with the hump is a hair thicker than the 700wx. (a hair is an official scientific term)

I'm looking for my old Palm leather case to see if it fits, looks like it should.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    did anyone tried the regular silicon skins and stretch them to accomodate this big battery ?
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I use the Palm OEM case for the 700wx, p, 650, etc. They are about $16 shipped on eBay.
    Im using the my old Krusell case from my 700p. It's the formfitting case that allows a transparent view of the front of my 800w. After installing the 2600 extended battery, the case fits nice an snug. The rear holes are slight off do to the new placements if the camera, speaker and the stylus. But it's a great protector now!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Same here with my Palm branded horizontal leather case.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just ordered the battery. Could those of you that are using cases made for other models post a link to the case. There are so many cases out there, it's hard to narrow down which ones you use with just a description. Thanks a lot.
    I've had the 2600 mah battery since 11 Sep and it works great. I get up in the morning and take it off the charger at 730. When I put it back on the charger at midnight, I still have 49% or more battery left. My daily usage is a little bit of internet, about 2 hours worth of calls altogether, two email accounts averaging 10 or so emails a day (4 hour interval between checking for mail), a ton of text messaging. I have also been using WMWifiRouter Version 1.2 to connecto my Ipod Touch to the internet via wifi for an hour or so of surfing. I don't mind the hump. It does make it easier for me to use the keyboard with the hump. $50 well spent.
    Quick Question:

What are you all getting in regards to a feeling of heat with the battery after heavy usage?

I am using the OEM battery currently and I have one of those "go" wall chargers in my car (The chargers with the different tips, and VIBE GT w/ the outlet).

When I use GPS (Sprint Nav), the back of the phone will get rather warm and I start to lose ground on the charging (uses faster then it charges), but very small amount.

After reading about all the "bad" batteries or bad phone posts, im curious if I have that issue, but back to the point.

Yesterday I was helping a friend move and I brought a ebay combo usb charger (wall or car charger plus the OEM USB cable), and I could never get it to charge correctly. The phone would "beep" that it was charging, but no light and even with everything off (911 only GPS, phone service off, etc), it couldnt keep up.

Once I got back to my car, and plugged it in (go charger)...charged completly before I even got home (less then hour).

Basicly has anyone noticed any heat issues with any of these new batteries?