Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Friday was my Monday and at the end of the day I ended the work day at 50%. No charge until turning in and it was at 48% - not bad guys.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tenfivediamonds View Post
    So i got the 2600 today. installed and charged fully. feels good in my hand. it feels like a real phone now. i really hate phones that feel like your holding a hersheys candy bar. i like the feel of a sub sandwich in my hand.

well, i will report my feeling on this.
    Your post is making me hungry! I agree with the feel.
    Well ..... two days without a recharge .... used Kinoma to stream the train accident on the west coast for about 4 hours straight .... alot of net surfing .... emails ...... a talking ......... and just now having to recharge from 20% left in the battery ... amazing!!!

IGO
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/13/2008 at 06:28 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    Well ..... two days without a recharge .... used Kinoma to stream the train accident on the west coast for about 4 hours straight .... alot of net surfing .... emails ...... a talking ......... and just now having to recharge from 20% left in the battery ... amazing!!!

IGO
    How did you stream a train accident for 4 hours? Was it a web link?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 09/13/2008 at 06:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    So far so good for me also! Well worth the $$
    Think I'm going to have to pick one up - just got a new job that will require a lot of travel. Don't want the hump all the time, but it'll be good on trips when I may not have access to constant power. For now, I'll see if I can get by with my Kensington power pack.
  7. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Got mine...

First, battery is great. I used GPS today, played games all day, streamed crap and it's saying it's 62% full but the icon shows it almost full still, so not really sure there. All I know is I would be almost out of power with the old battery. so 62% sounds about right.

Second, the bump. It bothers me a little. I liked my thin little treo and while it's not uncomfortable in hand, it's much bigger in the pocket. What I really don't like is the battery cover doesn't stay on all that well. Half the time I pull it out of my jean it unsnaps, it probably won't be a problem with bigger pants. I'm keeping it in for now, but am somewhat tempted to try the 1350 extended battery because the hump bothers me now more then the one on the 700 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    First, battery is great. I used GPS today, played games all day, streamed crap and it's saying it's 62% full but the icon shows it almost full still, so not really sure there. All I know is I would be almost out of power with the old battery. so 62% sounds about right.
    Perhaps the graphical icon is unable to properly reflect how much power is there? I've got the original battery since I don't need this one and I find even with it the graphical indicator is not always as reliable as looking at the actual value. The graphical gives a general measurement, but I think it plays catch-up a lot.

If the cover is coming off, that's not a good thing. At first I used to find the (original) cover hard to take off, but now it's easy when pressing with both thumbs on the outside the Sprint logo on the back cover. Once I started using that method, taking the back cover off is very easy and I like that otherwise the cover is super tight. Perhaps the folks at Seidio felt the original cover was too tight and they wanted to ensure their new cover didn't seem hard to remove? Perhaps the 2600 cover needs some felt on the inside like the original cover, or does it already have some and need more to tighten it up a bit?

(Hey, for all I know one day I may have a need for this battery although such a need has not occurred and I don't plan on buying one. But in case I ever need it I want it performing well .)
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Got mine...

What I really don't like is the battery cover doesn't stay on all that well. Half the time I pull it out of my jean it unsnaps, it probably won't be a problem with bigger pants.
    This concerns me a little.
    I do not do the pocket thing. In my OLD Palm labeled horizontal leather case though it fits well and the back has yet to come off.
  11. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Thought I'd comment on first day of work use. I'm sold.

I listened to streaming radio for around six hours and where my phone would have been dead around 3 in the afternoon without being plugged in (I usually plugged it in whenever I was near my office or car) and would have been done by 5ish.

Today, not being plugged in at all once I went off the charger this morning, I'm reading at 33% right now. I'm pretty sure I could stream radio up until bedtime without worrying about. Nice battery. My headset started beeping long before my phone became a problem, this was the exact opposite before, I never noticed my headset running out of power.

Also, the cover didn't come off the phone all day. I keep my phone caseless and just do the "pocket thing" as bclinger would say. No problems with work pants, just the jeans pockets made it slip a bit.

I'm happy.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Me too. First real test wstday and I love it. wh a huge difference!
    Today was day number 4 and it hit at 60% as of 7p. It is great not having to worry about feeding this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Today was day number 4 and it hit at 60% as of 7p. It is great not having to worry about feeding this thing.
    What is your usage like?

Do you do more data or talk more?

Sounds like the battery is a winner either way though... the "must" have for the phone...

Hopefully more will post on their experiences...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    My usage: lots of data input with HanDBase and spread sheet (Excel & Documents to Go) and lots of work email (about 60 a day) and non-work (about 30 a day). Phone calls about 20 to 30 a day. The data input can last as long as an hour at a time.

The battery is a definite winner. I also looked at the battery and it (the 2600ma) states "Centro/Treo 800." I have 2 Centros in the house and when checking those, the 2600ma battery does fit (of course), the Sprint extended battery cover is not deep enough to encase the battery. I wonder if the Seidio extended battery cover will fit the Centro using this battery - if so, it would be an excellent purchase of the cover itself.
    Anybody got any pics of how this looks in comparison with one of the older Treos? That would be interesting.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I will try to do this tonight with a 700wx and Centro.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    anyone USED this battery for a week ?
  19. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Nope, I'm on day number 5. Still great though I stream all day long, no problems getting me home. I actually ran out last night after a full day of streaming. ...at 11:30 P.M... I can live with that.
    i just orderd mine last night at 10pm and i look foward to not keepint this thing attached to either the sync cable in the office, and the car charger when driving, even though the car charger seems to cause static on my truck radio, but ohh well i wont have to have it plugged in soon,
    yay!!!!!!!