1.    #1  
    I've seen enough pre-order exciting threads here! What shall we do now? Stuck in the states and just wait till next month or year?

Can we order one from EURO? Does it make any sense? STUPID PALM AGAIN!
    No it makes no sense 'cause it's 500 Euros which is about $720. U.S retail should be $550 which is 381 Euro. DO the math and take a chill pill.

You can wait.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    No it makes no sense 'cause it's 500 Euros which is about $720. U.S retail should be $550 which is 381 Euro. DO the math and take a chill pill.

You can wait.
    I'm master in math! I just can't wait! I'm gonna check out other similar phones tomorrow.

It makes no sense just blindly waiting without a release date!
    Why wait?
    Act Now!
    You deserve it!
    Patience is not a virtue.
    Good things don't come to those who wait.
    If you can get it tax-free it would be much closer.
    VAT being 19% here... €499 would make €419, about 600 US$

You guys already got a new CDMA palm, so don't complain.
    GSM is a world market and the US is a very small part of that.
    Just my 2 €cents

BTW: It's being offered for €410 by now, without contract & unlocked. Delivery starting 3rd week of September.
    would be better if palm would just give the US a release date. Palm I have $550 for you, throw us a bone! I think that maybe Palm hates Money.

-tgwaste
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The plug for the charger won't be compatible (Europe is 220V), but its microUSB so you should be able to find a cheap charger here. Personally I would wait until it's here - warranty, support etc. European (esp. British) companies are not renowned for their great customer service.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    C'mon. It will be out in the US before the end of September. Relax!

I've heard the actual availablity date in the UK will be around September 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    The plug for the charger won't be compatible (Europe is 220V), but its microUSB so you should be able to find a cheap charger here. Personally I would wait until it's here - warranty, support etc. European (esp. British) companies are not renowned for their great customer service.
    who uses the plug?

usb sync&charge all the way.
    -tgwaste
    Quote Originally Posted by treopq View Post
    I'm master in math! I just can't wait! I'm gonna check out other similar phones tomorrow.

It makes no sense just blindly waiting without a release date!
    Preorder here and save $50: http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=23676
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    Just Pre-Ordered mine!

total was $524.94 with Overnight shipping.

Hopefully the palm site doesnt get them first.
    -tgwaste
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    European (esp. British) companies are not renowned for their great customer service
    Tooo right. They're an unfriendly bunch. And the Treo Pro is how expensive?!

From a financial perspective, it's almost worth flying out to the USA, buying one from a Palm Store (like, we don't get those in the UK!) and bringing it back. Since I married an American it's definitely worth the trip for me!
  13. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DervMan View Post
    From a financial perspective, it's almost worth flying out to the USA, buying one from a Palm Store (like, we don't get those in the UK!) and bringing it back.
    At this point, that would be from the Palm store (in the same building as Palm's headquarters). Beyond that, we don't have them either anymore--Palm closed them because they weren't cost-effective.

And then there's the little question of when the release date is...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yes, you're absolutely right - but if I were really wanting the Treo Pro, I'd be happy to wait a few months.

But... you can visit Palm's headquarters... and... like buy stuff?!