Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Recently installed Mobil Shell on my 800W Treo, and my internet/windows button stopped working, actually when pressed it turns my Treo off just as if I pressed the red tab button on the right and the treo goes to sleep. Is there an easy fix to get my internet/windows button back to working?, I'd love to attach it to my Opera Browser. Thanks Guys lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
  2. #2  
    Dawn

    You cant mean the Internet button as there is none.
    I think I got what you mean .
    Out of the box the button (START) with the Microsoft symbol on it (or whatever its called ) the top left button under the soft button . It opens the drop down menu . BUT after you install SPB Mobil Shell it remaps the button to open the SPB Menu.

    Now if you did not mean this then I am not sure , there is no button that directly brings up the Internet .

    By the way SPB Shell is an awsome program and I consider it an essential.

    LEt me have more details if this isnt your issue.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    Recently installed Mobil Shell on my 800W Treo, and my internet/windows button stopped working, actually when pressed it turns my Treo off just as if I pressed the red tab button on the right and the treo goes to sleep. Is there an easy fix to get my internet/windows button back to working?, I'd love to attach it to my Opera Browser. Thanks Guys lol
    I don't have any experience with mobil shell but I think I may know what you are talking about. Normally, if you hold down the option key and then hit the green button (normally used for phone menu) then that will launch Internet Explorer.

    Sometimes I find my buttons lose their shortcut and I have to go in and re-map them. You can go to start/settings/buttons to get to the button remapping screen. Make sure Option + send is set to internet explorer. Sometimes even though it's set that way, there's a problem so set it to something else, click ok and then go in and set it back to internet explorer. That way when you hold down the option button and then select the green button internet explorer will launch.

    Now, I know you want to map it to Opera but I don't think you can do it all in one step. Since Opera is a java app, you would have to map it to the java program (for instance I'm using Esmertec Jbed for java). You can map it to that and then when it launches you can then select Opera.

    I know that all may sound confusing and there may be an easier way but I'm new to the Treo 800w also and learning each day.

    Good luck!
  4.    #4  
    (((((((((((chimmer))))))))))))))) tyaz, I remapped the button like you said to, and placed it on my opera browser, it use to activate internet explorer, I hit okay and it works greeeeeeaaaat. Thank You and VaccPalm very much, it works......it works.... lol
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    (((((((((((chimmer))))))))))))))) tyaz, I remapped the button like you said to, and placed it on my opera browser, it use to activate internet explorer, I hit okay and it works greeeeeeaaaat. Thank You and VaccPalm very much, it works......it works.... lol
    Glad to hear it, you must be using Opera 9.5, I'm using the mobile version which requires the java app to launch first. At least I couldn't find Opera in my remapping list.

    Anyway, happy to see it working for you.
  6. #6  
    Dawn just curious , did you originally set it up that way or did it just come like that out of the box??? Just curious.
  7.    #7  
    chimmer, i'm using opera 9.5 beta mobile on my phone, and it works terrific. on the mobile speed test application, I ran each IE against opera, and IE recvd 122.80 and opera recvd 682.67 mbps. I couldn't believe my eyes when I found opera in my remapping list, lol.
    VaccPalm, i'm not sure on your question, I purchased it new at the sprint store, and the salesman Sean took 3 hours to set the phone up for me, transfer my contacts, install an sd card and basically get it all going while of course flirting in between, lol. Sean also had an 800w and so he felt he should get it up and running for me, lol, finally I went to lunch and when I returned it was ready. I am not sure how it came out of the box to be very honest, Sean also provided me with an extra stylus, and 4 extra batteries, and the following day I changed my cell number.
    LSU Tigers #1 Baby
  8. #8  
    Sean also provided me with an extra stylus, and 4 extra batteries, and the following day I changed my cell number

    LOL. They didnt set mine up and I didnt get anything . But heck I was the one flirting with the saleswomen and I was going to give her an extra battery and my stylus. she changed her number too after I left.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    chimmer, i'm using opera 9.5 beta mobile on my phone, and it works terrific.
    I think I tried it once, I'll give it another shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Keller View Post
    the salesman Sean took 3 hours to set the phone up for me, transfer my contacts, install an sd card and basically get it all going while of course flirting in between,

    Sean also provided me with an extra stylus, and 4 extra batteries, and
    the following day I changed my cell number.
    Smart move! Of course I can imagine that Sean is doing this just about now >
  10. #10  
    All these number changes - how can anyone keep up?

Posting Permissions